Start by marking “Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia

Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  660 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
The Star Wars Character Encyclopedia is the definitive illustrated guide to Luke Skywalker, Jabba the Hut, and all of your favorite characters of the Star Wars galaxy! Feel the force as you flip through pages of profiles of all your favorite characters from the Star Wars galaxy. With stat boxes, expert text, incredible movie stills, and more than 200 profiles, this is book ...more
Published April 18th 2011 by DK Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

Corey
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A must have for Star Wars geeks... Gives all sort of info on the characters from all six films, even a ton of the obscure characters that may only have one or two small scenes... I read this once by myself and once with my son, since it is his book...
Jocelin
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
They really did have a lot of characters in this book. Some I don't even remember from the movies.
Debra
Sep 15, 2011 added it
There are many characters that I've seen in the movies, but also some that from the movies that I really don't remember seeing for example: Passel Argente, Rancor, Doctor Evazan and Colo Claw Fish. I was interested in seeing the full information about my characters like Anakin, I didn't know he was 6 feet tall.
Pete
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant companion for your journey through the galaxies. Well formatted, full of info and cool pictures. My daughter and I love learning more about the stories that are set a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Val
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Has all the info you'll ever want to know about the amazing world of Star Wars. #StarWarsGeek
Kimberly King
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Yes, I read this. I am a geek!
Emily
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, star-wars
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julie Watts
great, this is my daughters book, we love it!
Miko O.
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
I love character encyclopedias! It almost made me want to watch the rest of the Star Wars series. Almost.
Mariam
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
Sadly it's only characters from movies, but for ever growing Expanded Universe İ guess you'd need several larfe volumes. İ actually never realised how many Expanded Universe characters were taken from background shots. They do seem interesting enough to have their own books or comics (especially the Jedi women).
Alan 김 승 주
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm a Star Wars Fan (maybe geek? Probably not) so naturally I would read this book
The great thing about this book is because it includes every character you like.
And it's easy to find them
But there's a lot of them, so prepare yourself!
Marie
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia features more than 200 characters from all six Star Wars films plus the Clone Wars. It gives various statistics and information on each of the characters.

Great book!! It was so much some to learn all of the cool facts about each of the characters. I loved that the book was presented alphabetically by character's first name or title. That made it easy to find the characters I was most interested in reading about. I did eventually go through them all, but I wante
Jim
Feb 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable accessory book. The best part about it is putting names to faces of characters. One annoying bit is that it focused a bit much on the prequels and not the original series. It didn't include several characters such as the cantina characters (other than Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan) or some in Jabba's palace (Nikto, Ephant Mon, etc). It also included the characters played by George Lucas and his kids (which I didn't like) which apparently also had a role in the Clone Wars cartoo ...more
Kirito
Simon Beecroft's Star Wars Character Encyclopedia is an excellent encylopedia for star wars lovers. It has all the characters in the star wars series (the actual episodes) and I mean EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER!

I picked up this book because I'm a Star wars fan.

I finished this book because I can't let go of the book. It was too awesome!

I think I would recommend this to Thibishan because he likes Star wars.
Lisa
Nov 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, biography, classic
My brother is a Star Wars geek, and so he got this for his birthday. One night when I just couldn't sleep I took forward this book, reading every word of it. I fell asleep halfway through, just because there was so much to read. This book helped me understand Star Wars and the characters much better.

Good job, book. ;)
Shaina
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, library
This had some useful information if you wanted to find out a bit about Star Wars Characters as a beginner, but also some redundant and completely unhelpful information. It seems to be written mostly for kids, but with things kids should not see, slapped in here and there for either the curious pubescent teenager or the bored parent who really has nothing better to do, at all.
Monica Astray
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nie je tomu tak dávno, čo som si robila test SW postáv a úplne som pohorela. S touto knihou sa mi to však už nemôže stať! Veľmi pekne a jednoducho spracovaná kniha. Obsahuje to najpodstatnejšie, a keďže, čo strana to jedna postava, je tu viac charakterov, dokonca i tých menej "významných". Jednoznačne odporúčam každému fanúšikovi.
Olivia
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars, guides
It's no substitute for Wookiepedia but it's kinda of nice to just skim and look at the pictures. I learned a few new things here and there but it's mostly just fluff. Heavily skewed toward the prequels (Two entries for Mustafarians and no separate entry for Wedge Antilles, what?).
Ann
Nov 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Everything you need to know about Star Wars characters... not my cup of tea sorry all you Star Wars fans. Over 200 characters are represented. I will say it was interesting to learn some of the official names.
Becky
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Its a fun book for any kid who has a great love of star wars. The backstories on some of the "minor" characters amazed me. There is a level of detail I really wasn't expecting but it is the Star Wars universe. It just keeps going and going and . . .
Colona Public Library
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book has a ton of characters! They have all the main characters, minor characters and background characters. It would be really fun to watch the movie and if you spot someone in the background you can look them up. You can check out this book at the Colona Public Library. ~Ashley
Napoleon
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this book was full of all the characters in the movie form 1 to 6. This book is has every thing you need to know about the star wars characters and where there planet is and if you are a star wars fan then you should read this book and tell me if you liked it and how many stars you give it.
Joel Manuel
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A bit too heavy on the prequel characters, but a product of its time.
Rock
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i have read this book almost 20 million times and i love it so much.
Alison
Jan 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Very fun if you're a Star Wars fan! Lots of little facts about characters you never knew before...biggest surprise was discovering Yaddle!
Terri Pray
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-jack
A regular book that Jack and I look through together. He loves this one and he often sits and tries to read it himself now that I've helped him with many of the words.
Elsa
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: qp-2012
Really nice book with all the Star Wars Characters and a description of the role they play in the series.
Ann
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-ages
I've read this so many times with the boys that it merits a mention. It's pretty darn thorough!
harlequin {Stephanie}
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed a lot of the main character profiles are lacking. Most of the info is obvious if you've read a few books or even as simple as seeing the movies.
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Asher (8yo) and Dexter (5yo) LOVED looking through this book and recognizing characters from the first three (or second trilogy - however you look at it) movies.
  • Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
  • Star Wars Art: Visions
  • The Making of Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom Menace
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare
  • DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide
Simon Beecroft is the New York Times bestselling author of LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary as well as many other Star Wars titles for children, including Star Wars The Clone Wars: Watch Out For Jabba the Hutt, Star Wars: Luke Skywalker’s Amazing Story, and Star Wars: Beware the Dark Side. He has also written books on subjects as diverse as dinosaurs, extreme weather, future technology, Nelso ...more
More about Simon Beecroft...