Start by marking “I predatori blu” as Want to Read:
I predatori blu

I predatori blu

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  26,481 ratings  ·  1,137 reviews
Satellite City, una grigia megalopoli di venticinque milioni di abitanti. Prendetene uno, Cosmo Hill, quattordici anni, senza genitori e senza sponsor, ospite di un Istituto per Ragazzi Genitorialmente Svantaggiati, dove gli orfani vengono usati per testare nuovi medicinali. Seguite la sua fuga disperata, e lo ritroverete quasi morto con un luminescente essere blu ...more
Hardcover, I Grandi del Fantastico , 270 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by A. Mondadori (first published 2004)

·  26,481 ratings  ·  1,137 reviews

Start your review of I predatori blu
Mitchel Broussard
Time to review another oldie:D

This is one of those books that I absolutely LOVE but am terrified to re-read and find out it's not as great as my 12 year old naive mind remembers it.

But, anyway, it is epic, with great stories, lovably mean characters, cool sci fi/cyberpunk elements and an AMAZING finale (it's on this giant floating weather baloon/space station thing, i really dont remember much just that i was drooling all over myself). I swear the first thing i remember thinking upon finishing
Lisa
May 16, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
The Supernaturalist is intriguing dystopian science fiction that would appeal to a younger reader or even older readers who aren't looking for a story that's highly sophisticated. Overall, I liked it, although I was dissatisfied with some elements.

British actor Chiwetel Ejiofor (one of my actor crushes) narrates this book very capably, using diverse accents for the characters. I am glad I chose to listen to this even though I have a paper copy. I liked hearing it, which stimulated my imagination
Anne Bogel
I read so many books because my kids tell me to. This is the latest urgent recommendation from my fourth grader, who fell in love with Eoin Colfer novels this year because—funny thing—our What Should I Read Next producer Brenna suggested them. When Brenna recommends books, we sit up and listen.

The Supernaturalist is a middle grade standalone novel about a 14-year old orphan named Cosmo Hill living in the dystopian world of Satellite City, where his assigned societal role is to serve as a
Nikki
The Supernaturalist is very like Artemis Fowl in tone. It's fun and quick, but I didn't get into it as much as Artemis Fowl -- the characters, I guess, are the problem. I liked Stefan, and maybe Ditto, but the others were kinda 'meh'. I didn't get much idea of what drives anyone, apart from Stefan.

Plot-wise, it's okay, but everything feels too easily. The group are too easily tricked, they escape too easily... There are fun ideas in the background, like the paralegals being pretty much like cops
Sara ♥
Nov 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Eoin Colfer fans!
Dec 1, 2009
Eoin Colfer TOTALLY needs to write a sequel! Does he expect me to just keep reading this one over and over again? Really?

Nov 21, 2008
It was cute. I couldn't help but wonder if Eoin was going to write a sequel or not. I don't know that he's planning to, but it would work! It ended really well, and the whole thing was REALLY INTERESTING! And the twists in the plot! This author has a gift! :)
Adil
Jun 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 9th-grade, advisory
Supernaturalist
Eoin Colfer
272pgs

The SuperNaturalist is an incredibly addicting and interesting book written by Eoin Colfer, a highly respected author who has also written the Artemis Fowl series. Anyway, ths book takes place in the near future where everything is polluted and the world is very technology advanced but very bitter and mean. The story zooms in on the life and times of Cosmo Hill, an orphan living in a facility where children are tested on.

Cosmo's life changes completely
Martin Patrick
Feb 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Despite the lack of compelling characters or compelling ideas, I found myself unable to stop reading it until I was done. The ending was a little unsatisfactory though, as the central conflict was resolved, but the peripheral conflict was not and was left wide open.

Characters: Meh. The main character, an orphan, didn't even pull on my heartstrings that much. Maybe I'm a cold-hearted jerk. The dialogue for each character fits with their backstory, but they all talk the same, except for the
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
Don't hate me, but I had to DNF this book.
For some reason I just couldn't get into the book. I loved the world-building, but I didn't feel a connection with any of the characters at all. I honestly don't know why, I just didn't care. I was just so bored by this book (this small book!). There were plenty of events happening, but since I didn't care about the characters, it didn't interest me.
Sorry guys, maybe I'm just in a weird slump.
Mimi
Sep 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teenagers
This book gets three stars, because I did like it, but I did not think it was breathtaking or earth shattering. Some of it felt . . . rushed, maybe. I'm not sure. My main question the whole book really doesn't completely relate to the book. The question is why are all of the books that I find to read about future societies always so . . . depressing? Why have we always ruined the planet or had massive nuclear wars or have one unified government and lots of downtrodden, unhappy people? Am I just ...more
Jennifer H
May 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mar 14, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Wish List by this author, so I decided to pick this one up too. BIG mistake. I don't remember much about this book, most likely because I blocked it out. The premise of the book wasn't bad, but it was executed rather poorly. Read The Wish List and pass this one by.
Amber Voigtlander
Personal review:
The Supernaturalist was a captivating book once I started to read more chapters. In the book, I felt like I could understand what all the characters were going through. I could also relate to some characters, especially Stefan.
Plot:
In the beginning, there were two characters in an orphanage. They were no-sponsors meaning they had no family to take care of them. The orphanage owner took care of the no-sponsors, by doing lab testing on them and injecting them with a certain poison
Jelena
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Fun, unexpected. Would recommend, especially for younger audience.
M.J.
Oct 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Sci-fi to help turn teen reader into an adult reader.

I was torn between 4 and 5 stars, let's call it 4.5; being an author I fully support rounding up.

This book seems to be heavily influenced by Snow Crash (which it just happens I am also reading now)--not the story, just the world. Then again, Snow Crash was influenced by other dystopian novels.

The book is about a band of characters, most teens, who are fighting creatures that only they can see. The MC has just escaped certain death at a
Maninee
Oct 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the book was good though not really the best of colfer's works. even the wish list was better, here are the reasons why i thought that the book could have been better.:

1) sense of humour(or rather the lack of it): i know that many people will disagree but having read the artemis fowl series and the wish list, i must say that eoin colfer has a much much better a sense of humour. i really miss those witty dialogues that filled every page of the fowl series.

2) the plot: fighting the parasites was
Carrie Slager
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a book reviewer, I hate to use clichés, but there really is only one word to describe The Supernaturalist: unique. Eoin Colfer’s more famous Artemis Fowl series and even his stand-alone novel, The Wish List have overshadowed his brilliant science fiction novel. Written with the humour and imagination I have come to expect from him, The Supernaturalist is absolutely brilliant.

Cosmo is pretty much your stereotypical protagonist in the beginning, but as the story progresses, he develops at a
Ave
Jun 18, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, youth-children
Satellite city is a place in our future it has everything the body needs and nothing what the soul wants. Steel builings, high tec for everything, multibillion corporation terror, polluted air - the list goes on.

The main character is 14 year old Cosmo Hill, named by the place where he was found in, escaped "prisoner" from the Clarissa Frayne Institute for Parentally Challenged Boys. Escaped and saved from the blue creatures who seem to be sucking the life out of you by a group called The
Raina
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A team of minors hunting down invisible creatures in a dystopian world in a story filled with fun sci-fi technology.

This is pretty much a story before its time.

I booktalked this to middle schoolers (alongside the graphic novel adaptation) in January 2014 and even though it's ten years old, it's taking off in my community.

I remember having trouble following the descriptions of technology and the world over audio, but I imagine reading it with more attention would cover that. There are some very
Noah Mendoza
I think it was an okay book but got kind of confusing because everything is happening really fast. It's not my favorite book, but is worth reading. It has a lot of action in it which I like. It is about a 14 year old teen named Cosmo Hill who is an orphan that is unwanted by his parents and is sent to an institute for Parentally Challenged Boys. He spends everyday there working and is covered in bruises by the end of the day. He waits for his chance and breaks out with the help of the ...more
Brandi
My Actual Rating: 3.5

The Supernaturalist is a good book, but it's definitely written for a younger audience. For example, for the more experienced reader, there are no real plot twists because you can predict what's going to happen because everything that happens is all too easy and neat. Another flaw of the book is that the character development is not as strong as it could have been. For those of you who've also read any Artemis Fowl books, you'll note that Artemis Fowl and Co. have far more
Vojtěch
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sci-fi od Colfera je trochu jiný šálek kávy, než na jaký jsem zvyklý. Ale koneckonců se mi to líbilo. Jen mám menší tušení, že mladší čtenáři nebudou mít díky všemožným vědeckým termínům šajn, co v danou chvíli hlavní hrdinové provádí.
Vicki (The Wolf's Den)
Not bad, really, but not as good as his other books. There was a very rich world created for this story, bigger than we were able to fully explore, and I wish we'd gotten to experience more of it. However the plot dictated otherwise.

This plot didn't seem to know where it wanted to go. Perhaps it was following too many characters for the story length? Or maybe the story ended up being too big for the page count. I just know I felt like random twists kept coming out of nowhere, and I didn't feel
Niina
Vielä vähän aikaa sitten maailma ratkesi liitoksistaan. Maapallolla ei yksinkertaisesti ollut tilaa kaikille. (s. 145)

Artemis Fowl-sarjastaan parhaiten tunnetun Eoin Colferin Supernaturalistin tapahtumamiljöönä on Sateliittikaupunki lähitulevaisuudessa. Kaupunkia kutsutaan toiselta nimeltä Romutarhaksi, sillä monet talot on rakennettu romuraudasta ja niiden rakenteissa asuu ruostepunkkeja, uusi elämänmuoto, joka selviytyy torakoitakin paremmin. Kaupungin yllä leijuu valtava Myishi 9-sateliitti,
Hayleigh
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was wonderful! Sci fi isn't really my go to, and I wasn't expecting this children's book to really go deep, but my I was blown away by The Supernaturalist.

The characters are charming and I immediately loved them all. I also liked how we were somewhat thrown into this world, but it still felt understandable and easy to navigate.

The writing style is witty and fast paced! I would love to delve back into this world more but I think this is a standalone.
Abhinav
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book, but it really needs a sequel
Aidan
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I honestly get why the praise on the back of the book was praise to another series by the author
emrys merlin
Aug 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at pg 50 I'm sorry Colfer, but I just can't do it. It's just so cheesy
Feb 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids who like a little action
Shelves: young_adult
This was a real page turner - bad guys, chase scenes, and plenty of twists and turns.
Chris
Janice
Apr 02, 2007
Anna
Apr 04, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like weird things and futuristic places
Cosmo is an orphan from the future. His best friend, Zipper, and he live in an evilish orphanidge. They have to do horrible tasks everyday, mainly trying out new products, and are abused daily. Then Cosmo makes an escape, and gets himself hurt. He wakes up to find the Supernaturalists there, helping him. They explain a lot and ask him to join the team. He does. They have an exciting adventure chasing a big danger, and helping save the world, facing many near death challenges.
Jackie
May 28, 2007
Shelly
May 29, 2007
Tortla
I guess this is a dystopia. I can't even tell anymore. It's set in the future, and the government is crazy and everything sucks. I think that makes it a dystopia.
Akhil
May 30, 2007

• The Reality Bug (Pendragon, #4)
  • The Never War (Pendragon, #3)
  • Ark Angel (Alex Rider, #6)
  • Scorpia (Alex Rider, #5)
  • The Lost City of Faar (Pendragon, #2)
  • The Quillan Games (Pendragon, #7)
  • Skeleton Key (Alex Rider, #3)
  • Point Blank (Alex Rider, #2)
  • Stormbreaker (Alex Rider, #1)
  • Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7)
  • The Navigator (The Navigator Trilogy, #1)
  • Eagle Strike (Alex Rider, #4)
  • The Pilgrims of Rayne (Pendragon, #8)
  • Junkyard Cats
  • Orphans of Chaos (Chronicles of Chaos, #1)
  • Lady Friday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #5)
  • 13: Thirteen Stories That Capture the Agony and Ecstasy of Being Thirteen
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 2 (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the
“In comic books, people with gifts became superheroes; in real life they became outcasts.” 9 likes
“Whatever their circumstances, people still had to eat, live, and love.” 3 likes