Start by marking “Graceful” as Want to Read:
Graceful

Graceful

In this 32-page short eBook, New York Times bestselling author Seth Godin presents 30 ideas for making a difference in a world that needs you.
Published (first published October 13th 2010)

Ecapris
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Seth Godin's rise to the cultural/marketing/intellectual elite allows him to say or write pretty much whatever he wants; in response, his readers raise up a fist and cry "Hear, hear!" When I put it this way, it sounds terrifying (at the least, unnerving). And maybe it is. But not because Godin has all our attention, but because what he's saying is relevant and smart.

In "Graceful," a shorter ebook released six months ago, Godin discusses the attitude, lifestyle, and aura of the new revolutionarie
Mr. Brightside
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has similar ideas to Seth Godin’s other book Linchpin. But hey, this is a very quick read and I enjoyed being reminded of how unconventional yet profound Godin’s teachings are. His analogy of tourists being in a new place, exposing themselves to a new culture and environmental, yet going back home as the same people is apt (although not all tourists are like this). The tourist analogy is how Godin views the majority of the workforce at their jobs. You are doing “a job” but not being ch ...more
Tony Cook
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Make the time to read this

Make time to read this book. Concepts are presented in a simple easy to understand manner. Concepts in this book are life changing if you dare to embrace them. It's a quick read, but application takes courage. I loved the book.
Sean Keet
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Seth is always inspiring and a true idea machine. His relentless commitment to connection and creating meaningful lifestyles. He always challenges you to be better and want to be better.
Will Simpson
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This quick read is typical Seth Godin. Pithy, to the point, no bs. Strikes me as a small collection of his blog posts with s theme of what it means to be ‘graceful’. Classic Seth Godin, ‘ideas the spread win’, linchpin. connection economy, resist fear.
Muhammad Ali
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
The only takeaway from this book is that be graceful do more than what is expected from you and what you expect from others. Infact, I think the key here is to don't do things whilst expecting from others in return
Rachel Burke
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simple genius

A series of short messages, much like his daily emails. Boiling down the importance of connection and generosity in business and art. Loved it.
Frieda
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun and motivating, but also a sense of déjà vu.
Matt Blair
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A concise and quotable read, and as thought-provoking as any of Godin's collections. Well worth the evening it'll take you to read it.
Joshua
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good. Small snippets of ideas

I kind of hate to 20 word minimum on these reviews.

This is a good book. Short. To the point. Gives you some ideas.
Kony
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aaaaand yet another series of blog posts packaged as a book. Seth Godin is one of the best bloggers around, though, and if anyone can get away with peddling blog posts in this format, it's him. It's not so much that the writing is brilliant, but rather each concise post is like an artful grace note, reflecting the abnormally high concentrations of wit, wisdom, and insight in his mind. He writes about how to do business and marketing, and yet he's also addressing how to do art and relationships a ...more
Lance Willett
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short and impactful, 30 blog posts from Seth compiled into readable format. I find myself dipping into it like a devotional reading guide.

My favorite is "Mastery, connection, and then grace" — https://sensible.blog/2017/11/05/and-...
Sarah Jones
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I've ever read a Seth Godin book (or blog) that I didn't like but Graceful was particularly inspiring for me. Not only was it a great 'commuting read', this short e-book (30 pages) managed to eloquently articulate the true value of being graceful - in work and in life.

For those that have read a few of Seth's books, this won't tell you any new theories per se. What it will do is underpin the foundation of all of his writing. Business built on industrialization is over and what is le
Derrick Jeter
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Godin has written another manifesto. As is typical of Godin and his writing, "Graceful" is a quick read of pithy ideas intended to motivate. Nothing to explain and no words wasted here. Godin muses on thirty ideas to kick you in the seat of the pants and do something worthwhile ... something graceful. If you need an easy read and a little motivation to do work that's meaningful, then "Graceful" is filled with grace.
Zach Ellerbrook
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
You know how some authors just say the same old crap over and over, just trying to change some words here and there? Well, Seth Godin says the same stuff over and over, but it's the opposite of crap. It's really good stuff! I rarely read the same book twice, so it's good to be reminded of solid principles in business, work, and life with each new book. I like his attitude, especially because he keeps me playing the role of the unicorn in the balloon factory.
Antoinette Perez
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you've read Seth's other books the past 5 years or so, you'll see how they all fit together, like puzzle pieces, in his bald dome. And it makes sense. This is totally not a how-to book. It's a why book. Motivational / inspirational, if you need a boost to get past fear to try something new, push your own personal envelope.
Jason Dyba
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Simple, eloquent thoughts about being proactive, taking risks, standing apart from the crowd, finding courage, and resisting apathy. It's classic Godin-style writing (with a lack of proofreading). You could read this in one-sitting if you wanted to. It's worth the cost.
Naomi
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
A brief essay that invites contemplation and consideration, Godin's _Graceful_ frames issues explored in later work: courage to and acceptance of failure as part of living creatively, the changed economy, and living artistically.
Kimberly Gordon
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Powerful, thoughtful, and yes, graceful

I love this little book. It's a breath of fresh air in a culture (especially a business culture) that's repetitive and stagnant. This one's a keeper!
Nancy
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A short little book that I read entirely on my phone, while waiting. Waiting for my food to come, waiting for the bathtub to fill, waiting for traffic to clear. It's a perfect tiny book, in that regard--filling spare corners of time with invigorating ideas-- about generosity and abundance.
Joshua Crowe
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
At ~45 pages, this book has the most punch per pound of any book I've read on the subject.

I just finished Kingdom Calling by Amy Sherman and wondered what to start next. Following that great one with this powerful one made for an amazing cocktail.

Take an hour. Read it.
Preston Lee
Pleasantly short and inspirational, in Godin's typical style, though notably lacking thought regarding any specific way to actually BE that graceful, idyllic leader: that is, aside from criticizing the status quo. Thoughtful? Yes. Constructive in any tangible way? No.
Deanna
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Basically a book about being nice. No real ah-ha moments but a nice reminder of how it is to move in and around this world in a manner that uplifts and helps instead of focusing on myself.
Mark
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Classic Seth, though a bit rehashed.
Glenda
Apr 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Short, a little bit "sound-bite-ish" but concepts I appreciate and value.
Kelly
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
elegant and graceful. I've read it more than twice now. I will read it whenever I need to stop being lazy and indifferent. Recommend to anyone who wants too be a do better.
Cheryl
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, 2011
Fast fun read. Like the way he thinks. Inspiring and motivating. Very glad I read it.
Ben Love
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautiful piece of writing. Short, direct and packed with every ounce of Seth’s wisdom. If you have an hour available, fill it with this $2.99 investment.
Richard Bravman
Simple (for some, alas not for many), important, timeless. Must reading for the some.
Jedidiah
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Another solid read by Mr. Godin. Maybe a little repetitive with his other works, but if it takes repetition for such good stuff to sink in, so be it.

• Read This Before Our Next Meeting
  • Predictable Prospecting: How to Radically Increase Your B2B Sales Pipeline
  • Your Own Worst Enemy: Breaking the Habit of Adult Underachievement
  • Great Work: How to Make a Difference People Love
  • Managing the Unexpected: Resilient Performance in an Age of Uncertainty
  • The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
  • Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy & Achieve Any Goal With A Morning Routine
  • 5 Gears: How to Be Present and Productive When There Is Never Enough Time
  • Wired to Care: How Companies Prosper When They Create Widespread Empathy
  • Non-Obvious: How to Think Different, Curate Ideas & Predict The Future
  • The Myth of the Garage: And Other Minor Surprises
  • APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur. How to Publish a Book
  • Never Get a “Real” Job: How to Dump Your Boss, Build a Business and Not Go Broke
  • So, You Want to Start a Business?: 8 Steps to Take Before Making the Leap
  • Creativity For Sale: How I Made $1,000,000 Wearing T-Shirts and How You Can Turn Your Passion Into Profit, Too
  • The Strategist: Be the Leader Your Business Needs
  • Work for Money, Design for Love: Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions about Starting and Running a Successful Design Business
  • The Maxwell Daily Reader: 365 Days of Insight to Develop the Leader Within You and Influence Those Around You
Seth Godin is a bestselling author, entrepreneur and agent of change.

Godin is author of ten books that have been bestsellers around the world, and he is also a renowned speaker. He was recently chosen as one of 21 Speakers for the Next Century by Successful Meetings and is consistently rated among the very best speakers by the audiences he addresses.

Seth was founder and CEO of Yoyodyne, the indust
“To be willing to do new things you don't think you'll like requires you to prefer the unknown. Not just tolerate it, but to prefer it.” 2 likes
“It encourages you to focus on your work and the generosity that comes from interacting with (and helping) your community.” 1 likes