Start by marking “Long Road Home” as Want to Read:

Long Road Home

No matter how far and how fast you run, the truth is never far behind. CIA counter-terrorism expert Manual Ramirez has spent the last three years looking for the woman he loves, who disappeared without a trace while on a post-graduate trip to France. Then, as suddenly as she disappeared, Jules Trehan turns up in a small-town Colorado hospital bed, injured in an explosion t ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Long Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Road Home

Start your review of Long Road Home
Auntee
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense, with the emphasis on suspense
Not a bad little romantic suspense by the author Sharon Long, who many may recognize by her pen name of Maya Banks. This book was very heavy on the suspense though, and not so much on the romance. In fact, things didn't start cooking romantically until about 2/3 of the way into the book. And while the few romantic scenes were tender yet hot, I wouldn't label them 'erotic'. A little explicit but not erotic, and definitely nothing kinky. The hero, Manny, was very loving, forgiving, and protective ...more
Sassy Angel
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading anything by this author. She always brings the characters to life. I haven't found a book by her that I haven't loved.

Jules has had a rough three years. She left for a vacation in France and now she is running for her life. She leaves her parents and the man she loved in order to protect them, Manny and Jules meet up again and it's a race against the clock to save each other and their future together.

I highly recommend this book and this author to anyone.
Keri
May 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook

2 STARS - IT WAS OKAY
AUDIOBOOK

I don't have a lot to say about this book. It was ok for the type of book that it is. It's a very simple romance, not complicated or original. The heroine beats herself down throughout the book and our hero just wants to know what is going on so he can fix it all.

He wants to know what has happened to her in the last 3 years since she disappeared but he never really asks her. They start to talk about it but then they are too tired and need sleep, or there is a phone
amanda s.
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Uhwow.

Manny's in shock when he found out that his parents are gone and his long lost woman are injured along with them. Jules was gone missing three years ago and Manny's frantically searching for her until he found her. Different and somehow, darker. Jules in danger and she knows that. She needs to get away from Manny before they hurt him. But apparently Manny won't let her leave again, not without him..

One of my favorite Maya Banks! The suspense, the romance, I don't understand why people fi
Darcy
Aug 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: military, romance, 2011
I normally really like this author, but for me, this one was a huge miss. I had a hard time buying into the whole premise. There is no way that I find Jules to be believable as a spy/assassin. The way she was indoctrinated into the organized not believable either. Manny seemed like a dup in more than one way. How is it that he has worked for the CIA for many years and yet Jules, who has only 3 years "experience", was able to get the better of him more than once. The ending was so anti-climatic. ...more
Sharon
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspense

Jules Trehan is on the run from a man she knows only as Northstar and from a terrorist organization she was forcefully recruited into when she was on a post-graduate trip to France, what was meant to be a vacation turned into her worst nightmare.

Manual Ramirez is a CIA counter-terrorism expert and has been searching for Jules since she disappeared three years prior, only leaving him with a vague message and not knowing one way or another whether she was saf
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
Narration 4 stars ~ Story 2.5/3 stars

Title: Long Road Home
Author: Maya Banks
Narrator: Rebecca Estrella
Publisher/Date: AudioGO, 10/01/13

The blurb
CIA counterterrorism expert Manuel Ramirez has spent the last three years looking for the woman he loves, who disappeared while on a trip to France. Then Jules Trehan suddenly turns up in a Colorado hospital bed, and Manny is shocked by the change in the woman he once knew. Kidnapped by a shadowy organization, Jules has been forced to become a terrorist
Jeni Clancy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MAYA BANKS REALLY OUTDID HERSELF WITH THIS ONE!!!

I have read almost every one of her books - I LOVE her writing style so much!! But there was just something about this book that set it apart from all the others...The struggle Manny and Jules have to go through to be the together is at times gut retching, but always amazing because no matter what is happening they are both so committed to the love they share. Manny is committed to keeping them together and alive and in the end married with the w
Jane
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read the reviews and saw that this book didn't get the best of reviews. Don't quite understand why. I loved this book. Yes, the plot is a little (ok more than a little) far fetched and unbelievable. But isn't that why we love fiction and romance novels? I know they are an escape from my hectic and stressful life! Anyway, I really loved the chemistry between Jules and Manny. I wouldn't hate seeing a story about Tony! If you like suspense and romance, give this one a try!
Dorel
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 7th book I read by Maya Banks. This book started off really good. I loved this book's story line. I loved the action in this story. This story had the right amount of action in it. I loved the surprises in this story. I loved Jules's character. I felt sorry for Jules. I thought Jules was very strong for what she went through. I loved Manny's character too. I loved how Manny protected Jules. I loved ending. Awesome job Ms. Banks.
Michelle the Romance Witch
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: print-inventory
Awesome romantic suspense...certainly tamer than I'm used to from most Maya Banks... Felt a little like a precursor to the KGI series
Tawnya
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Long Road Home was a fantastic book. Filled with a lot of action and as you can come to expect from a Maya Banks novel, plenty of romance. I'd highly recommend this book.
Laurie Craig
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was originally written under the name Sharon Long. It has lots of plot twists and was really hard to put down. If I could give it 6 stars I would.
Karen Burroughs
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving, good story!

. Enjoyed it! Surprised at the ending. Love story plus intrigue. Keeps your interest .Recommend it for all who like Maya Banks
KathyB
3.5 Stars

Triggers - (view spoiler)
Jessica
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not her best work if I say so myself. I felt like the action overtook the romance angle. They barely had enough time to catch their breath before being on the run again. I would have liked to see some real development between them, it was sorely lacking. Manny was ok, he was nothing special but he didn't bother me. Jules on the other hand was very hard to like, she tried to take everything on her own without asking her help or being honest. As much as she feared for his safety and the people who ...more
Debra
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long Road Home

After three long years Manny finally has her back in his sites. And he'll will have to freeze over before he lets her go...or so he thinks. Jules has been to hell. And now with Manny's help she is on her way back to heaven. But will those who used her be willing to let her life to tell what happened? Maya Banks books are on the edge reading. The drama, angst, and suspense keeps you reading till the very end. Watch out for the love of her characters that is steamy.
Carolyn Burns
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a bit of a slow start; but as it was coming to a close, it really ramped up. I liked the suspense of not knowing who was the other power player involved with the "North Star" from the beginning. How the love between Jewels and Manual wasn't really explained, but it worked well for the content of the story. I feel like I should read it next time (instead of listening). I think I zoned out on some parts that would have made this a more intriguing story.
Laura Kane
Didn't like it

Did not care for this book. Did not like the main character at all, the book was aggravating and frustrating. Too much bad stuff, too depressing, not enough romance or character development. I typically enjoy reading books by Maya Banks. I look to her books for a fun escape from reality. This was not it.
Jamoz23
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Not really a romance, too much death, deceit and not quite believable plot that also features a rape scene which I hate.
Lacking romance due to both H’s being puppets to two criminally minded men in positions of power.
Found Jules didn’t fit the mold of an assassin or spy. If she was supposedly that good, why didn’t she work out who had raped her and dealt with them.
Patricia Love
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Page Turner, I read it nonstop.

Long Road Home. Was a book that kept me wondering who did it, is she an assassin, or is she just being set up.... I enjoyed it very much. I'm a huge Maya Banks fan & she is an author that never disappoints, anytime I read one of her books!
Chantelle
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought the story was decent with a lot of suspense and drama. I suppose it was also decent as a romance novel but the library I got this book from listed this as erotica. I am really not sure what it was supposed to be.
jessica albert
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great suspense

Good read I thought this book was a bit more Muldoon the romance side but great suspense action packed and a good twist on who the bad guys are
NV
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compelling

Compelling storyline with scary believable characters and storyline. It is a good look at how absolute power corrupts absolutely. Wow!
Dee
2.5 Stars

Got bored a couple of times but struggled through.....Definitely forgettable and I won’t read again!
TinaMarie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fluffy, lots of action, damsel kills to protect family and love. I just thought it was a bit fluffy.
Amy
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Disturbing and unsettling. Had a lot of similarities to “Bourne Identity.” However, the female lead was the assassin.
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Love, love, love Maya Banks...her books are amazing. One of my favorite authors of all time...bring on the next book!
Mahita
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
A fast, light read. Not a ground breaking story, but enjoyable nevertheless.
Sonya
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The World of Maya...: Long Road Home 2 6 May 30, 2013 07:41PM

• Naughty Little Secret
  • Jagged Edge (The Arsenal, #1)
  • Justice for Amber (Seeking Justice #1)
  • SEAL's Promise (Fortress Security #12)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Take Me Fast (Bridgewater County, #3)
  • Claim Me Hard (Bridgewater County, #2)
  • Her Second Chance Cowboy (Brothers of Miller Ranch, #1)
  • Forever Family (Texas Knights MC, #2)
  • Hold Me Close (Bridgewater County #4)
  • Sonny (Texas Kings MC, #2)
  • Bird (Texas Kings MC #3)
  • Grunt (Texas Kings MC, #4)
  • Lout (Texas Kings MC #5)
  • Hard to Come By (Hard Ink, #3)
  • Smokey (Texas Kings MC #6)
  • Tucker (Texas Kings MC #7)
  • Kale & Terra (Texas Kings MC #7.5)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.