Start by marking “Dieci anni di Calvin and Hobbes” as Want to Read:
Dieci anni di Calvin and Hobbes

Dieci anni di Calvin and Hobbes (Calvin and Hobbes)

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  48,827 Ratings  ·  346 Reviews
Many moons ago, the magic of Calvin and Hobbes first appeared on the funny pages and the world was introduced to a wondrous pair of friends -- a boy and his tiger, who brought new life to the comics page. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of this distinguished partnership, Bill Watterson prepared this special book, sharing his thoughts on cartooning and creating Calvin an ...more
Published 1997 by Panini (first published September 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Dieci anni di Calvin and Hobbes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dieci anni di Calvin and Hobbes

Pooja
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Reading a Calvin and Hobbes book can make ones day.

Comic strips are not only for fun but they have to tell the whole world in a nutshell about everything they want to.

The wonderful and creative cartoonist does it coolly as always.

The tenth anniversary book is a collection of all the great comic strips in Calvin and Hobbes with some introduction to every one of them.

It was cool to know how and when the author got the idea and what triggered him to produce such fantastic work.

Reading other Calvin
Daniel
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Sami stripovi su reprize onih koje smo vec videli u prvih par kolekcija ali komentari od Vatersona je ono sto ovde dize zabavnost posto licno volim da citam kako je neko dosao na ideju za neke stvari. Po meni obavezno stivo za svakoga ko voli Calvin and Hobbes.

Narocito onaj deo kada objasnjava da je dobio negativnu postu na strip gde Kalvin fantazira da unisti skolu. Odgovor ko nije kao dete mastao o tome :)
Donald Trump
To anyone looking upon this book for the very first time may think this is a great book. Some would say this is a perfect book for the young one's. But to anyone with an adult age would look upon this book with a totally different view. Something is definitely going on in this book that is out of the norm, so that's when i looked into this book.

This book is obviously about a young man named 'Calvin' who goes on these "journey's" with his best friend 'Hobbes'. What some would think that makes thi
orsodimondo
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Il mondo è più divertente visto attraverso gli occhi di Calvin - ancora di più attraverso quelli di Hobbes.

Peccato che in questa raccolta si metta in mezzo Bill Watterson, l'autore, che spiega, storicizza, racconta, svela i retroscena, parla e straparla, togliendo molto del gusto.

Così, ho fatto finta che fosse una raccolta normale senza le inutili didascalie dell'autore e sono arrivato felicemente in fondo - proprio come avrebbe fatto Calvin :-)

Hobbes invece se lo sarebbe fatto leggere saltando
Matty-Swytla
What can I say than: "It was amazing." :)
Angel
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Como diseñador gráfico soy gran admirador de buenos ilustradores, tanto contemporáneos como clásicos y Bill Watterson cae en la segunda categoría, además de ser un excelente ilustrador también fue un excelente cartonista. Calvin y Hobbes. Diez años, es una prueba de ello.

Esta edición fue publicada originalmente en 1995, cuando la tira de Calvin y Hobbes cumplía diez años de haber sido publicada, pero también marcaba el año en que dejaría de aparecer en los periódicos.

A diferencia de otras edicio
Maureen
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, favorites
This is classic Calvin and Hobbes and a great memorial to the short life of the best comic strip ever written. The introductory information written by Bill Watterson was interesting and gave me a brief insight into the quirky and creative mind that created these adorable, mischievous and precocious characters.

I was heartbroken when I heard that Bill Watterson had decided to stop writing the Calvin and Hobbes strip. I felt like I was losing two good friends. Long before I became a mother, I wou
Marc
I'm a big Calvin & Hobbes fan so it's no surprise that I found this collection wonderful. It's also sprinkled with commentary from Bill Watterson throughout, which gives a lot of context and background I didn't otherwise know. For other Watterson fans, his work recently made a secretive appearance in June 2014in the comics pages via Pearls Before Swine (http://stephanpastis.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/ever-wished-that-calvin-and-hobbes-creator-bill-watterson-would-return-to-the-comics-page-well ...more
Anna
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never read this volume of Calvin and Hobbes like I read it this time. Before, I was too young and impatient to appreciate Bill Watterson's commentary - I usually skipped over most of it to read the comics.

This book has given me incredible insight into the life of a cartoonist, writer, artist, and working man. Anyone with a career in mind for the aforementioned goals should read Watterson's story. It is incredibly inspiring!
Jon
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Because I don't typically read newspapers (trying to save the world by not killing trees), I never followed comics very closely. I was introduced to Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes almost completely after the fact. My Mom and Dad kept several collections on their coffee table. So when I visited them, I'd invariably pick one up and be amazed.
Simon
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
Probably the greatest things I've ever read. And that includes the greatest of the classics. The first time I encountered the last strip in this album (the one that takes up the whole last page), I'm pretty sure I cried from nostalgia.
Benjamin Duffy
Oct 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic. What sets this apart from the 950 other Calvin and Hobbes collections is that this one is heavily interspersed with Watterson's own observations about the strip, his creative process, and the elements of his own life that have informed his work. Highly recommended.
Matt Welborn
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An insightful look into the heart, mind, and imagination of artist Bill Watterson. Every minute I spend with Calvin and Hobbes is a minute I become a more observant and awestruck human being. Please read this. Read it alone, with friends, and with your children.
Jeanine
Feb 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I completely forgot all these Calvin and Hobbes books were on my shelves! I should know better, all of these great comics deserve to be rated too, lol.
Madhu
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's always a pleasure to spend time with Calvin and Hobbes ! what made this book even more special was the author's commentary !!
Suriname Bokmal
It was interesting to read about the thoughts and motivation behind the comics, from the creator.
Some of my favorite ones are in this collection.
Ana
Aug 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lembras-te Nênê de passarmos uma noite inteira a rir?
Srfletcher
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. That is that.
Jacob
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really good book, and was arguably better than the previous Calvin and Hobbes book I read. This book gives insight into the author's ideas and perspectives, plus, he talks about his inspirations for Calvin and Hobbes. He feeds off of his childhood and last experiences to illustrate his ideas and concerns in his writings. It gave me a chance to connect with the author and better understand him. I gained a new respect for comics and the world surrounding them as well as the artists ...more
Eirik Gjerløw
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Calvin and Hobbes will always stand out for me as a true work of brilliance. As everyone who has to produce comics on a regular basis, Watterson surely must have been in slumps now and then, and I feel like in *those* cases his comics are the same quality as other comic strips. At their best, his strips are full of so much depth and wisdom, mixed masterfully with humor and touches of sadness, and the results are golden. I enjoyed these strips as much when I was a kid as now, and I'm sure there w ...more
Trinh Nguyen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is only a fragment of Bill Watterson’s ingenious work. There are more, and I cannot wait to continue reading them. Never have I written down so many quotes from a book before. Each strip is drawn with compassion and dedication to the art for the sake of it. You can tell that the author really cared for he characters he had drawn. Each speech/thought bubble is riddled with sarcasm and clever remarks about life, about human nature and about childhood.
47Time
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-fiction
It's brilliant to see how the strip evolved through the years, what decisions the author took, what he based those decision on and how similar some strips were to his own life as a kid. The strips were already included in the previous collected edition, but I don't mind reading them again and the commentary from the creator is priceless.
Dave Logghe
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The real joy of this book is remembering, even for just a couple of hours, what it was like to be a kid. I don't know if the comics transported me there through writing or if it was just the nostalgia. I remember picking up Calvin and Hobbes for the first time at a garage sale. It was 50 cents or thereabouts, and I really just picked it up because I was a bored little kid waiting for his parents. When I looked at the inside cover, I saw that the previous owner's name was the same as a friend of ...more
Harris
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, nostalgia
How can I review something that came to be so integral to shaping my worldview (yeah, I think I would go that far)? The entire opus of Bill Watterson's work on Calvin and Hobbes defies easy explanation. Others have already written so much more eloquent and capable responses than I, but I feel I need to share my thoughts. Calvin and Hobbes, along with the Far Side, were among the few worthy pieces of the newspaper comic sections in my childhood (let alone today) and Calvin's daydreaming of dinosa ...more
Writer's Relief
I’ll never forget Monday, January 1, 1995. That was the day I opened up the comics section to find that CALVIN & HOBBES—my favorite comic strip, fourth from the top on the left side—had been replaced by (of all things) DILBERT. I was 11. I cried.

This book, which came out the following September, was a nice consolation (and still is, for those that can’t afford the three-volume hardback COMPLETE C&H). It’s sort of a greatest hits: Watterson picked out a book’s worth of his favorite comics
Tim
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of several books that my sons used to give me for Christmas (it might also have been a Gary Larson or a Stephen King book, but I could count on getting one of ‘em every year). They’ve sat fallow in my storage shed for quite a number of years, and when I found ‘em recently I decided to re-read ‘em.

This one was a special edition, a ten year anniversary book, with as much commentary as cartoon. Mr. Watterson, then, talks of how he became a cartoonist, how the strip developed (partially
Todd N
Dec 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Thanks to the Palo Alto library system, my children are diehard fans of Garfield. On a recent trip to the library I decided to "uplevel" (not a real word, by the way) their taste by bringing home an armful of Calvin and Hobbes collections.

My kids are now diehard fans of both Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes, so I'm declaring semi-victory. While flipping through I noticed that this book has commentary by Mr. Watterson. He's a pretty reclusive guy, so I was excited to read his own words about his cr
Travis
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-strip
It's been far too long since I read (or re-read) any of my worn, dog-eared Calvin and Hobbes books. Picking up and re-reading this anniversary collection was stupendous. The strips may not make me literally laugh out loud like they did when I was kid but they still remain magical, whimsical, and wonderful. It's bittersweet to realize how jaded we become as adults.

The best part of this collection are the short essays Watterson included. He provides fantastic insights into his writing process, cha
Eric Althoff
Jun 18, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The fans
Calvin & Hobbes creator Bill Waterson waxes philosophically about all things C&H in this 10th anniversary anthology (published in 1995). The reclusive Waterson talks frankly about the tortuous process of being a daly cartoonist (he has since retired the strip) as well as the evolution of his strip and his inspirations for the characters of Calvin, Hobbes, Susie Derkins, Miss Wormwood, Moe the bully, and the rest of the gang. (It was fascinating to read Waterson say that the truth about H ...more
Garrett Zecker
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was reading this with my son when we happened upon a frame where the family is camping and Calvin nonchalantly inserts, “I am six years old.” When Calvin and Hobbes debuted, I was around the age when I started reading enough to comprehend the complexity of Watterson’s work. So is the similar moment in my own son’s life - and happening upon this frame was a magical moment of revelation.

This book comprises of some of the more illuminating, hilarious, and touching strips, along with annotations t
Comedy 1 6 Oct 27, 2015 01:45PM
Class of 2013: Review 5 15 May 02, 2013 07:08PM
  • The Far Side Gallery 4
  • Camp FoxTrot
  • Billy and the Boingers: Bootleg
  • Groovitude: A Get Fuzzy Treasury
Bill Watterson (born William Boyd Watterson II) is an American cartoonist, and the author of the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes". His career as a syndicated cartoonist ran from 1985 to 1995; he stopped drawing "Calvin and Hobbes" at the end of 1995 with a short statement to newspaper editors and his fans that he felt he had achieved all he could in the comic strip medium. During the early years of ...more
More about Bill Watterson...

Calvin and Hobbes (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons
  • The Days Are Just Packed: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection
  • Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection
  • There's Treasure Everywhere: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection

“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.” 2314 likes
“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” 364 likes