Start by marking “Mercenaries” as Want to Read:
Mercenaries

Mercenaries (Mercenaries #1-3)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  1,057 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Beautiful Trinity Yeager's mission: join Nathan August's star-hopping team of mercenary soldiers. With one condition: Trinity must prove her resilience as a lover for him and his first officer, Sebastian Cole.

Trinity not only sees Nathan's bet. She raises it...Now, from galactic dens of depravity to far-reaching planets of dominant females and strapping male slaves, Trini
Paperback, First Edition, 307 pages
Published September 6th 2005 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Mercenaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercenaries

Holly
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angela-knight
Mercenaries by Angela Knight is definitely going to offend some readers. It's crude, it's lewd and it's vulgar. It's got everything that this girl wants!

The first story stars Trinity and Captain Nathan August and Sebastian Cole. Trinity is about to be auctioned off as a bride to some of the worst degenerate male chauvinists her chauvinistic planet has produced. Desperate to escape her grisly fate, she approaches Nathan and Sebastian as they are waiting for supplies, hoping for a ride off her pl
~Sara~
Jun 11, 2011 added it
Shelves: abandoned
The story so far:
The mercenary crew of the Starrunner is called to the cleverly named BDSM colony, Bedesem, to aid the ruler in getting back his kidnapped son. They are greeted by Dom Javier, advisor to the Dominor, who takes them in to see His Dominance, Xarles Ferrau, Dominor of Rabican. The Dominess, Ila Orva, of the neighboring dominality of Corvo has kidnapped His Dominance's 26 year old son because His Dominance has reneged on their agreement to wed his son to the Dominess' brutally domina
Mary
Aug 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Disappointed. Too simple, too graphic
Marisella
Jun 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic
This book is soooo hot! There are some sections I had to re-read
Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants
Sci-fi steamy love short stories. Very interesting.
Gowri
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Julie
Jul 15, 2010 rated it liked it
This is my first Angela Knight book and Wow, was I unprepared! The sex is mostly hot and dirty, but sometimes almost laughable, it's so over-the-top.

The first story was the best for me, it was straight forward fun with a bit of romance and a lot of hot sex. I liked the characters, but honestly, this book was never intended to be a deep character study.

The second was less thrilling, but still interesting. The sex was not as hot, at least in my opinion.

The third story was boring all the way around
Nicola Sheridan
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ummm. Wow.

I actually really enjoyed this bind up of three novellas. I'm not really into things with BDSM elements, but Knight manages to make it work and work well.

I loved the sci-fi world of these stories, and have always had a soft spot for mercenary tales so this, along with plenty of spice and intrigue, ticked pretty much all the boxes for me.

Of course, the characters all fell in love way too quickly, but these are novellas, so in my eyes that's totally acceptable!

A warning, however, if you'
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance
This was a very good trilogy of novellas. The first two were "revised for this edition" (which probably means toned down) from e-book versions, and are pretty darned hot. The third was written for this collection and is nearly as explicit without being as kinky.

As I've come to expect from Knight, the characters had depth, the plots were far from mundane, and the sex scenes actually served to advance the story. If you like your erotic romance with a lot of quality, this book is for you. If you li
Breia
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Reading another Angela Knight book is I must say a very nice experience. I have yet to be disappointed by anything that I have read of hers. This book is no exception. 3 different stories with the same group of people. Mercenaries all. Nathan, Sebastion and Cassidy never seem to realize that they were looki for love until it bites them on the ass. Without giving the story away suffice it to say they are never the same again.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Trinity is stuck on a planet which is terrible. That "prophet" is a terrible cult. The society could have been fun. But instead, it was bad because instead of domineering assholes instead of hot dominants. Meeting up Nathan was the best thing that ever happened to her. This was very smexy and I've read is several times.
Mariah
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sexy and exhilarating. Even with all its vulgarity and blatant erotic scenes! The stories were electric charged and dirty. They held a charm few shit stories hold that I'm not sure I can explain. I am rather sad that there are no more stories of the Starrunner as its crew is tight knit and interesting to read about.
LaRhonda
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is well written and imaginative. My first experience with this author and I was intrigued to say the least. The erotica was not overdone but left me wanting to....read more. Will definately be exploring other titles by Angela Knight.
Krystal Harrold-brauer
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This was a quick erotic seduction. The only reason why I did not give it 5 starts because I wish that she but a 3 book series for the three main characters. I would have liked to be more connected to the characters before all the crazy "I LOVE YOU" stuff but all in all it was an erotic pleaser.
Rebecca
Jun 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any romance reader
This was my first foray into romance short stories. I had just read Angela's Jane's Warlord and liked the world she created. This two story collection was similiar in vein and an absolute joy to read. Hot without being vulgar, top notch!
Kathrynn
Three short "very steamy" and eye popping stories!
1. Trinity
2. The Thrall
3. Claiming Cassidy

Marissa
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
Explicit content. Futuristic warriors finding love, lust and war. come on- it's escapist fiction!! Collection of 3 short stories by Angela Knight, whom I adore. Hot and quick read!!
Jan
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book with 3 stories to read
Kristel
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Dirty. Dirty. Dirty. I loved this book.
Holly
Jul 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
It at some points actually made me laugh out loud, and I dont think that was what the author intended, but on the whole it was interesting and it was a fast read.
Karmen
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and premise. Only regret is that they're a trio of short stories.
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Ah, yes, my fave sort of Angela Knight - short, lots of sex, a H (or two) to die for and a very satisfied grin in my face. Yeah, I LOVE Angela Knight.
Teresa
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this one to get the taste of 50 Shades outta my mind and it did the job. Angela Knight does a pretty decent job blending sci-fi, fantasy and erotica with a little BDSM twist.
Carole-Ann
Odd/weird stuff. OK liked the Angela Knight story, but that was about it.
Robin
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was a book filled with creative lusty scenes and a sci if story embedded. I wished there was more background on the Nathan, Sebastian etc. it. Was a fun read
Katie
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Book.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shirley Bennett
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
3 short erotic futuristic stories that are all connected! Love them!
Em
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Three inter-related short stories which can only be describes as sci-fi erotic romance. Not for the feint of heart!
What's the Name o...: missing erotica book title [s] 2 45 Jul 06, 2012 11:47AM
  • Romance at the Edge: In Other Worlds
  • Jaci's Experiment (Resonance Mates, #3)
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Lost in Trek (The Definitive Guide to the Trek Mi Q'an Universe)
  • First Sharing (Fallon Mates, #0.5)
  • Manaconda (Trek Mi Q'an #6) (Horde Wars #4)
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • Undercover (Federation Chronicles, #1)
  • Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #1)
  • Blackstar: Future Knight
  • Mortal Temptations (Mortal, #1)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Jerred's Price (Saurellian Federation, #3)
Angela Knight is an American author of mostly erotic fantasy. She was a reporter for ten years and a comic book author. She lives in South Carolina. First published under Red Sage, she was able to write romantic fiction for the first time in 1996. She published several short stories in their Secrets anthologies. Editor Cindy Hwang brought her to Berkley Publishing and has helped her become a best ...more
More about Angela Knight

Mercenaries (2 books)
  • The Thrall (Mercenaries #2)