Start by marking “Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)” as Want to Read:
Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)

Darkfire Kiss

(Dragonfire #6)

For one woman, he will risk more than his life...

Rafferty Powell has exchanged challenge coins with his arch-nemesis Magnus Montmorency, and their next battle will be their last. But Rafferty never expected to meet a woman whose desire for Magnus’ downfall matches his own—and whose presence sparks Rafferty’s long-awaited firestorm.

Since facing her own mortality, investigat
Mass Market Paperback, 394 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by Signet (first published April 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Darkfire Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkfire Kiss

Stephanie  G
Dec 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Spoiler Free

Challenge coins have been exchanged and now Rafferty Powell will battle his long time enemy Magnus Montmorency. A battle that will end in blood. Upon entering Magnus' home, Rafferty comes face to face with a thief. A beautiful thief whose intoxicating scent Rafferty follows in order to protect her after she takes an important item from Magnus that will get her killed.

Melissa Smith is a reporter out to reveal the truth about Magnus' secret dealings and get justice for her friend, whos
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I have found another paranormal series to be obsessed with! I just loved the dragons. So gorgeous. If you are into dragons, I'd recommend this book.

Full review to be published in Affaire de Coeur magazine: http://affairedecoeur.com.

SATIN SUE
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is becoming one of my favourite series.
and I've waited awhile for this book. Although
it wasn't one of my favourite books in the series , I still really enjoyed it.
Eva Millien
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rafferty’s story is a pulse pounding, gritty story that was well worth the wait. Rafferty has been longing for his firestorm for a very long time, but it seems that the great wyvern has something special in store for him and readers can’t help but be enthralled with his firestorm. Melissa is trouble with a capital T and her quest for knowledge is equally as fierce as the need to tell the world which adds a special kind of tension to the fires burning between Rafferty and her. The chemistry betwe ...more
Melindeeloo
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
As a former frontline foreign reporter, Melissa has lived by a code. A code of honor that she's resigned herself to breaking in order to obtain the evidence necessary to gain justice for a murdered friend. In her search for the truth, Melissa is going to make the shocking discovery that Magnus Montmorency, the powerful arms' dealer who murdered her friend, is actually an evil dragonshifter - yes, dragon's exist and now Melissa has the 'claw-side view' photos to prove it.

Saving the 'little thief
Heather
May 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
This was a disappointing ending to an okay/awesome series. I disliked Melissa’s attitude (view spoiler), and I didn’t feel the chemistry between her and Rafferty. I didn’t feel as engaged with the secondary characters, either. (view spoiler) ...more
SheLove2Read
Nov 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
*spoilers*

Oh Rafferty! You've waited so long for your Firestorm and this is what you get?

I firmly believe Ms. Cooke somehow found my GR profile, read my reviews and decided "Hey. She loves dragon stories and is waiting anxiously for Rafferty's story. But I just know deep down inside, I can write her favorite character, throw in a female reporter and even a convoluted secret baby story and she'll be thrilled!"

*sherri shakes fist in the air*

Female reporter AND secret baby story? *shudders* All
LaShonta
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mf-shifters
This one was a huge disappointment for me. I've been waiting forever it seems for Rafferty's story. I feel as if he was short changed. I couldn't stand Melissa and seeing how she was Rafferty's mate diminished any enjoyment I could feel in this story. I only finished it so I wouldn't be out of the loop while reading the next one.
Lillazza
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Oh god what a big delusion this book was, I couldn' even finsh it!
Boring characters, messy plot, unreal actions and situations, too many threads to follow and no passion at all... bah!
Katie
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dragon
A little disappointed
Beate
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's taken me absolutely forever to read this book. That's how much I didn't like this one. If you've read my reviews of the other books in the series, you know how much I love these books. You know how much I adore these dragons. Or Pyr as they're called here.

Rafferty's story is the one I've been looking the most forward to ever since I got to know his character in the first book. It was a long wait. And he got snubbed. He got the biggest, most selfish bitch for a mate - and that makes me mad.

Y
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rafferty is outside the home of his enemy, Magnus, when he spies a thief. She is trying to get into the house and doing a surprisingly easy job of it. He follows her and ends up saving her from Magnus’s fury. Rafferty eventually tracks the woman down while in his dragon form with the intent of getting information from her. Not only does he not get the info he needs but the woman, an out of work journalist, takes pictures of Rafferty fighting another dragon and posts them on her blog.

Needless to
Hbeebti
Dec 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Rafferty Oh how long I have waited for your book!! This was just what I was hoping for. My man Rafferty has been waiting through every book for his turn to have a firestorm. The poor guy has wanted this more than any other character throughout the series.I think Melissa was great for him. There was some moments where I was like huh?? Wait!!! How in the heck is this going to work? But yes Mrs.Cooke sure can write a great book.

I really loved that even though this was Rafferty and Melissa's book t
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Sep 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
I love dragons - I really love dragons and I'd liked this series until this book when GASP - I could care less about what was happening and ended up skimming more of this book then I read.

The fifth book in the series was just a mess. It is supposed to be Rafferty's book but really it was the author's way of "bridging a new phase". The problem was she introduced so many new characters, new plot twists and changes that I ended up not caring about any of them since none of them had enough page time
Gwynn White
I've been waiting for Rafferty's firestorm since starting this series and I'm happy to say, it delivered on every level. This is an exciting read with many layers, which I know will set up a whole lot more books. That makes me happy! I enjoyed this one immensely. A breathtaking, fast ride.
Cf
Dec 31, 2010 rated it it was ok
Thank God I finished this book. I could not get into it.
Tina
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Smith runs into Rafferty Powell when they are both sneaking around Magnus Montmorency’s house. Melissa is planning to steal a book containing incriminating evidence on the man who murdered her friend, Rafferty intends to finish his blood feud with Magnus. When Melissa’s life is threatened by Magnus, Rafferty steps in to protect her. Melissa, ever the reporter, exposes the existence of the dragons to the general public, which completely changes the narrative. Once they realize that they b ...more
Robin
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent, well-written book. Melissa is determined to face life without fears, and plans to bring Marcus to justice for his role in the death of a friend of hers. Rafferty has challenged Marcus to a fight to the death. Melissa and Rafferty cross paths and are not expecting the incredible heat they discover between them. This book is #7 in the Dragonfire Novels series. I enjoyed this book very much and can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.
TinaMarie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber Daniels
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
book #1 is still my fav in this series
Ashley
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a bit to get through.
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK!!! Still loving this series!! Very little amount of smut :)
Pamela
(**Spoiler**)

This is book 6 in the Pyr series and we are finally treated to Rafferty Powell’s firestorm (about time).

Challenge coins have been exchanged and now Rafferty Powell will battle his arch-nemesis, Magnus Montmorency, a battle to death. Outside Magnus' home, Rafferty watches with surprise as a beautiful thief enters his home. She’s a thief with such an intoxicating scent that Rafferty follows her in order to protect her as her life is in danger after she steals a book belonging to Magn
Bookaholics
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Darkfire Kiss by Deborah Cooke
Paranormal Romance –May 3rd, 2011
4 stars

Those who dream of dragons will not be disappointed in this exciting paranormal series. But due to the variety of cast members and history between them, I would suggest reading at least on of the prior books before starting this one.

Melissa Smith is bent on revenge and swears to expose the evil Magnus Montmorency for his crimes. She breaks into his house and gets a huge surprise when she is confronted by Magnus with a gun poin
Lynda Tatad
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the 6th novel in the Dragon Fire series, and I am so happy that Rafferty Powel finally got his Firestorm! Unfortunatley, his is different from the typical Firestorm.

******possible plot spoilers, if you haven't read the previous book!********

We were introduced to a different Slayer (evil Dragon Shifter) in the previous book, and his name is Chen. Chen released the Darkfire from it's special crystal stone to wreak havoc in the Pyr (the good guys) community, and the world as well. So, this
Debbie
Mar 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Darkfire Kiss
Deborah Cooke
Penguin Group- publish date May 2011
416 pages
The one thing that Rafferty Powell longs for is his firestorm, but when it comes it comes with an ancient omen, darkfire, an omen of change. The question is will that change be for the better or the worse. Melissa Smith is used to disappointments but she’s vowed to rise once again like the phoenix from the ashes, only it’s not a phoenix that she sees but dragons, honest to God fire breathing dragons and as she’s taking photos
An Odd1
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
** "Darkfire Kiss" (Dragonfire 6) by Deborah Cooke continues the story of the Pyr, dragon-men defenders of the Earth and humanity. For when you're in the mood for a fight to the bed, uh, death, dressed up in pretty words. Previous books were ok out of order, but this cast has grown large. My liking has diminished.
I think I read the series because I adore good dragons and heroes. Now I prefer the first two Temeraire from Naomi Novik, not limited to adult audiences, and Patricia Wrede's Enchanted
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
~Has some spoilers!~

This book to me did not really meet my, I admit somewhat high, expectations but at the same time I really did like it.

In the previous book the Pyr, Rafferty Powell, exchanged challenge coins with the all around bad guy Magnus Montmorency. As we read from the cover/blurb-- trying not to put in too many spoilers here-- we know they will fight to the death but that Rafferty runs into his mate about the same time.

I really did enjoy this book and hear it will be the last-- which d
Dawn
Deborah Cooke delivers a spellbinding story filled with revenge, mystery, legends and a love worth fighting for. DARKFIRE KISS is one action packed ride from start to finish and Ms. Cooke delivers a story worthy of re-reading over and over again. The storyline flows swiftly, a few twists kept me on the edge of my seat and the characters are to die for. I got to admit Rafferty is one of my favorite Pyr characters in the Dragonfire series and I loved how Melissa challenges him as well as softens h ...more
PepperP0t
Pyr-world is in quite the disarray! Chen is still on the loose and up to no good. Magnus ('nuff said). Lorenzo declining to side with the Pyr. Insecurity about Zoe's future. Pictures of the Pyr all over the internet. The whereabouts of the Dragon's Teeth are unknown. The Sleeper needs protecting. The legendary Darkfire firestorm has started with Rafferty and Melissa Smith in the middle. So busy and so much ground to cover, but it was so deftly handled that it never felt overfull and all items su ...more
  • Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2)
  • Dragon Dance (Dragon Queen, #2)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Berta's Choice (The Soul-Linked Saga, #5.5)
  • In the Heat of the Bite (Gentlemen Vampyres, #2)
  • Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Warrior Betrayed (Sons of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Dragon Blues
  • Wings of Change (Dragon Knights, #4.5)
  • A Siberian Werewolf in London (Siberian Volkov Pack, #2)
  • The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons (Light Dragons, #2)
  • Sinful Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Dark Highland Fire (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #2)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Captive Heart (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #6)
Deborah Cooke also writes under the names Claire Delacroix and Claire Cross.

Bestselling and award-winning author Deborah Cooke has published over fifty novels and novellas, including historical romances, fantasy romances, fantasy novels with romantic elements, paranormal romances, contemporary romances, urban fantasy romances, time travel romances and paranormal young adult novels. She writes as h

Dragonfire (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Kiss of Fire (The Dragonfire Novels, #1)
  • Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, #2)
  • Kiss of Fate  (The Dragonfire Novels, #3)
  • Winter Kiss (The Dragonfire Novels, #4)
  • Whisper Kiss (The Dragonfire Novels, #5)
  • Flashfire (The Dragonfire Novels, #7)
  • Ember's Kiss (The Dragonfire Novels, #8)
  • The Dragon Legion Collection (Dragonfire, #9.1, 9.2, 9.3)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Dragonfire #10)
  • Firestorm Forever (The Dragonfire Novels, #11)
“Were there any Pyr in DC other than the two of them?
No! It couldn't be!
Raffery spun again, but Thorolf was keeping a wary distance. "It's not your firestorm, is it?" Bitterness welled within Rafferty at the prospect.
If Thorolf, who did not care at all for romance or love or long-term relationships, should have a firestorm before Rafferty, then the Great Wyvern truly had no place in Her heart for him, even after all these centuries.
"Me?" Thornolf looked as horrified by the prospect as Rafferty. "Wouldn't I be, like, the first to know?"
"Can't you feel it?" Rafferty couldn't keep the anger from his tone. If Thorolf was having a firestorm, it wouldn't be unreasonable that he, of all the Pyr, wouldn't have a clue. Rafferty had never met a Pyr so disinclined to use his abilities. "Someone is our vicinity is having one." He switched to old-speak. "Feel it!"
Thorolf stared at Rafferty, then started to chuckle. "Dude, I can't feel anything except the pounding in my head. That's no firestorm--that's plain old beer. Lots of it. With vodka shooters.”
6 likes