Start by marking “Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)

Original Sin

(Personal Demons #2)

Luc Cain was born and raised in Hell, but he isn’t feeling as demonic as usual lately—thanks to Frannie Cavanaugh and the unique power she never realized she had. But you can’t desert Hell without consequences, and suddenly Frannie and Luc find themselves targeted by the same demons who used to be Luc’s allies.

Left with few options, Frannie and Luc accept the protection of
Published July 5th 2011 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Original Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Original Sin

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
1,155 books — 7,132 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareDead Reckoning by Charlaine HarrisSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Can't Wait Books For 2011
1,217 books — 6,832 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
Kaitlynne
Aug 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
oooooohhhh, is this going to go back and forth between Frannie and Gabe this time?? That's what the cover makes it look like. Not that I don't absolutely love Luc, I just wanna learn more about Babe, oops, I mean Gabe ;)
Jennifer Armentrout
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing

I had to stay up until 2am in the morning to finish reading this.The book manages to make you smile, make you want to cry, make you say WTF and make you want to drop kick several of the characters in the face (repeatedly) over the span of a few pages.

Now I need Book 3 now
Mila
Jul 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: OH HECK NO ONE
First of all,
description
I have problems. A lot of problems with this series. If I can turn back time, I'll hit myself in the head before I can purchase this nightmare. Sure, I might get a bump on my head the size of an egg for a week but at LEAST I could have saved myself some money AND from the trauma and doubt in humanity this series caused me.

Yes, I admitted that this book was written in style that is slightly better than the first book "Personal Demon" (It's really my demon if you get what I mean) s
Kendare Blake
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Rougher. Naughtier. Less Hellhoundey.

In the beginning, it was just nice to see Frannie and Luc and Gabe again. All seemed well, sort of sweet and hopeful. The horizon was rosy. But of course it can't stay that way. Oh no. They all have to get dragged through a maelstrom of insane crazy twists, so that by the second half of the book you're all, "Wait, what?" and "Oh no. She did NOT just do that." And, "He'd better just straighten up, or I'm gonna burn this mother down."

Needless to say, Original S
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

I want to preface this review by saying that I loved PERSONAL DEMONS, the first book in this series. I thought it was deeply romantic and I loved the dichotomy between angel Gabe and demon Luc and how their love for Frannie manifested itself so differently depending on their nature. I even loved how torn Frannie was between them. But ORIGINAL SIN is like a completely different animal, one that I think may need to be put down.

The first half of ORIGINAL S
Kiki
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A.
Jun 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review from Teens Read and Write

ORIGINAL SIN is sinfully delicious! A sexy, adventure jam-packed with tons of fun and excitement starring some of my favorite YA characters!

The demons are back in spades and using every sneaky trick in the book to isolate Frannie and Luc, exploiting human emotions and bringing about the worst. They're so good at their jobs!

Frannie returns as her spunky, strong self. Luc - still sooo super sexy. Okay, I did have an issue about him missing some glaring clues abo
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
While the writing was good in Original Sin, the story didn't always make a lot of sense, and especially Luc should have been able to understand many things long before he did - which was when it was actually too late.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Courtney Allison Moulton
Apr 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Mind. BLOWN. Review to come.
Krys

Last September I read an ARC of Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers and fell utterly in love. The world was so fun, the story stellar, and the tone was really sexy. Recently I got the chance to meet Lisa at an author event hosted by the store I work at. So of course two weeks later an ARC of her upcoming sequel, Original Sin, turned up in my hands. No autograph for me. Bollocks.

However, missing the chance to have her sign the book aside, Original Sin lived up to Personal Demons. The mood carries
Danny
Nov 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, bea11, signed
I Loved loved LOVED Personal Demon's, so when I saw that Lisa Desrochers will be at BEA I knew I needed to see her. And there she was signing Original Sin. I was thrilled, which is why this one is one of the first books I read from my BEA pile....

In Original Sin Frannie and Luc have to deal their new situation. Luc being mortal, Frannie is tagged for Heaven and tries to use her special gift "sway". But, we also have a new important character here: a new/old *smiles* guardian angel that is here
Karen
Jun 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
I didn't enjoy the first book from this series - Personal Demons - but for some reason I was still interested to see where the author took the characters so I decided to give this book a shot.

A lot of the cheese factor and "smells" are gone from this book which helped. I could never tell if I was supposed to be taking what the characters said seriously in PD or if it was "wink...wink" Maybe both I guess.

My problem is with Frannie. She loves Luc. Luc loves her. Their relationship really progresse
Andrea
Apr 06, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5 rating

Original Sin is the second book in the series, with Personal Demons being the first one. And I'm a little conflicted with my feelings about the book. Like in the first book, I got tired of the whole love triangle. I usually like love triangles, I do. But this one took it too far. It's almost like Frannie is in a relationship with two guys and that just bothers me. You can't keep running back and forth from one guy to another, with both guys being okay with it for the most part
☺♡M♡☺
Dec 28, 2010 marked it as to-read
HUGELY ANTICIPATING THIS.

Who will Frannie end up with? Luc? Gabe? Or…*gasp* NEITHER OF THEM?

Will Hell takeover Frannie in this book? Or will Heaven keep her? Or even better, she turns un-tagged again?

Lisa Desrocher, I beg you, release this book earlier. Please, for the sake of my sanity.
Vania
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Bigger, better and oh so much fun! Did you think Personal Demons was dark, sexy and dangerous? Add hell into the mix and you have a burning roller-coaster of emotions! One you so want to hop onto!
Carrie
Mar 07, 2011 added it
Oh Gabe, how I love thee. Let me count the ways.

Nah, I can't count that high.

Such a crazy-sexy book. AWESOME.
Rachel
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Just because Luc got away once doesn’t mean that King Lucifer is ready to give up. Hell wants Luc back and they’re prepared to do whatever they can to bring him back and make an example of him.

But with Heaven standing in their way, they will have to pull out all the stops to tag his soul once again. And that means going after the only person that Luc cares about. Frannie Cavanaugh.

And if Frannie is too strong and too protected then they’ll just have find someone close to her who isn’t – one of h
Beatris
Review de Pecado original de Lisa Desrochers

Ha sido un libro entretenido y bueno para pasar el rato, en la línea de su antecesor. Al principio estaba un poco nerviosa porque, a pesar de que sí estaban sucediendo algunas cosas, los problemas que habían no eran lo suficientemente graves como para abarcar todas las páginas que componen la novela. Sin embargo, una vez entramos en la mitad del libro empiezan a aparecer muchos más conflictos y eso, por supuesto, ayuda a que la lectura sea más interes
Misty Baker
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A few months ago I read Lisa Desrochers’ book “Personal Demons” and I wasn’t that impressed. Yes, it was ok, and yes it was entertaining (which I guess is actually the point of a book) but it just didn’t have that spark that makes me A. Run out and tell everyone I know to read it, or B. Add it to my “Paranormal Bucket List.” I read it, I smiled a few times and then I put it down and forgot all about it. No harm. No foul. Then…one day at the end of June I came home from work and found a package f ...more
Katie - The Literary Files
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
As many of you probably already know from my constant swooning, I fell head over heels in love with Personal Demons (and Luc) and had been dying to get my hands on the sequel since the second I finished book one. I'm so grateful to Lisa for sending me a copy so I could start my fangirling early. I knew that Original Sin was going to be absolutely amazing, but oh my goodness, this book surpassed all of my expectations.

I can't say enough how much I love Lisa's writing. She flawlessly captures a be
Jenny
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Original Sin is a story that beautifully escapes the snare second books in a series sometimes fall prey to, increasing the emotional intensity and physical action while also answering some of our lingering questions from book one before forcing us to ask new ones. While Personal Demons had a bit of a lighter feel and some rather spectacular romantic waffling on Frannie's part, this second installment shows us some significant character growth while introducing new elements that never let us forg ...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrenyalit
I go back and forth on this series. My first reaction is to roll my eyes. The plot and characters are over the top and a bit silly at times - although not purposely so. I especially find the use of Hell cliches to be overdone and somewhat annoying. I also hate that Grandpa says "Ya" instead of "You." That being said, if I put my surface-level level frustrations aside, I really like this series. Personal Demons was a fast paced story with a steamy romance between Frannie and Luc and a potential o ...more
Maria
Feb 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The word epic is not enough to describe how much i loved this book!

In personal Demons we are back in Frannie still beeing in a dangerous situation but having more allies to her side now : Luc, as human, Gabe even that he is leaving (no no dont cry he will return much later) and the return of a familiar face her brother Matt.

It all begins when a new character called Lili (sounds familiar?) comes and stay to the appartment next to Luc. At the same time that Gabe left (you will get your answer late
Amber
Dec 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, reviews
Personal Demons was a steamy, passionate ride and Original Sin perfected it. Frannie, Luc, and the gang are back and flourish with an unique and page-turning plot. The enemies are deliciously bad, the good guys are flawed and the dual points of view were just as good the second time around. Original Sin is everything I wanted in a sequel and more!

Frannie continues to be a capable heroine in this next installment of the novel. I liked in the first novel that she was strong and able to hold her ow
P.E.
Dec 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
This isn't a review. I just couldn't write one.

I liked Personal Demons a lot. Especially because of Luc and Gabe. I didn't really care that much for Original Sin though. I'll try to explain my jumbled up thoughts here:

1. I couldn't connect with Frannie. At some point I started to get really annoyed with her. Frannie made stupid, reckless decisions that would hurt her friends for no reason besides that she wants it. (Like with Gabe...)

2. I liked the clever Luc that had me laughing out loud. This
Tawni (The Book Worms)
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Desrochers is pure genius. I don't think I can muster up the words to express how much I loved and enjoyed reading Original Sin. The Personal Demons series is smokin' hot and a must read for YA lovers! Original Sin makes you feel sad, happy, angry, shocked, and excited all in one book! Lisa's writing is truly amazing and I felt every word and scene as the characters did.

I'm team Luc all the way, but when Gabe left Frannie it was sad, because she loves Gabe too. Although Frannie knows that n
Karina {witchling wanderer}
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
More reviews at A Reader Under The Sea

NOTE: This is a second book in a series. I advice you to check out my review of the first book (click here).

Pure genius!! It's one of the most marvelous sequels in book series' that I have ever read. It brings out all the emotions. There were tears, happiness, and laughter. But overall, it will make you want the third book in a heartbeat.

I actually read this book in one sitting because I NEEDED to know what was going to happen! It was a super quick rea
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Il "menage a trois" peggiora...e il mio voto cala!

Nel primo volume avevo trovato davvero irritante la protagonista Frannie e il suo continuo sfarfallare tra i suoi due spasimanti: il diabolico Luc e l'angelico Gabe.Ma alla fine - quando l'amore che provava per Luc aveva "attivato" il suo potere, lo Sway (qui completamente inutile e assente), rendendolo umano - speravo che compiuta la sua scelta amorosa il secondo volume avrebbe seguito un'altra, più intrigante, svolta. Purtroppo (esclusa una bre
Valy P.
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recensione qui: http://sparklefrombooks.blogspot.it/2...
Ne “Il bacio del peccato” la storia si complica molto. Questo libro si divide in due parti diametralmente contrapposte. Nella prima il clima che si respira è di felicità, ottimismo, gioia e grandi aspettative verso il futuro. Tutto è roseo e la vita dei due protagonisti non potrebbe essere migliore. Nella seconda la calma precedente però viene intaccata profondamente, non in maniera netta ma graduale e assolutamente subdola, impossibile da
Anna
Feb 02, 2010
Katie
Feb 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, signed
SPOILER ALERT: If you haven't read the first book in this series, this review will contain spoilers.

Lisa Desrocher's debut novel, Personal Demons, was a favorite of mine. The sequel, Original Sin, was just as fabulous. Full of angels, demons, romance, and betrayal, this trilogy has a little something for everyone.

Frannie is one hell of a main character. She is fierce, feisty, and totally kick-ass. She knows what she wants and she goes after it. She's also not easily scared by a few demons. In fa
Yan
Rachel
Mar 28, 2010
MJ
Mar 29, 2010

• Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
  • A través de ti (Hidalgos 2)
  • Nightshade (Nightshade, #1; Nightshade World, #4)
  • A través de mi ventana (Hidalgos #1)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Jessica Rules the Dark Side (Jessica, #2)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1)
  • Archangels Among Us: Archangel Rising
  • The Catastrophic History of You and Me
  • Ransom My Heart
  • Procura-se um marido
  • An Offer You Can't Refuse
  • Rumour Has It
  • Immortal Beloved (Immortal Beloved, #1)
  • Happily Never After (Night Huntress, #1.5)
  • One For the Money (Night Huntress, #4.5)
  • Darkest Powers Tales
Lisa Desrochers is the USA Today bestselling author of the A LITTLE TOO FAR series, courtesy of HarperCollins. Also in stores is her YA PERSONAL DEMONS trilogy (Macmillan). Look for her upcoming adult contemporary featuring hot Mafiosi, begining with OUTSIDE THE LINES , coming from Penguin in October 2015.

She lives in central California with her husband and two very busy daughters. Ther

Personal Demons (3 books)
  • Personal Demons (Personal Demons, #1)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)

News & Interviews

“This is Hell. And Frannie and her demon put me here!

No good deed goes unpunished.”
6 likes