Start by marking “Three Deep Breaths: Finding Power and Purpose in a Stressed-Out World” as Want to Read:
Three Deep Breaths: Finding Power and Purpose in a Stressed-Out World

Three Deep Breaths: Finding Power and Purpose in a Stressed-Out World

These days all of us lead hectic, stressful lives. And most of us react to difficult circumstances by struggling against them, which only creates more tension. Three Deep Breaths provides a welcome alternative--a simple technique that you can use, no matter how busy you are, to transform tough situations into positive, energizing experiences. It is a mind/body technique th ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Three Deep Breaths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Deep Breaths

Start your review of Three Deep Breaths: Finding Power and Purpose in a Stressed-Out World
Natalie Park
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good reminder to focus on what’s important in life and how to take a moment to be in the present.
April Dickinson
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The style in which the message is delivered was a bit cheesy for me. An unlikely story of enlightenment and 180 degrees personality shift. BUT - the message is vitally important and I am resolving to incorporate the three breaths into a daily practice. The author is right, it doesn't take "time", it takes "intent." This only took me a couple of hours to read (and I'm hella slow), so it is definitely worthwhile.
Tracy
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Borrowed this from my work resource library. Lots of common sense advice. I really wish it was as easy as taking three deep breaths and life becomes so easy. Maybe with a bit more practice I can actually utilize all these stress re-leaving techniques. I should be the calmest person in the office with all this reading on stress reduction.
Chris
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, spiritual
This book is a parable about a man, like many of us, who is constantly rushed, finding our anger rising several times a day, and wondering where the joy has gone. He meets a teacher, who teaches him how to breath.
A great introduction to mindfulness without all the nonsense that makes it hard to stay with it.

Easy and quick to read. Simple but powerful message if followed.
Laura Radniecki
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, 2018
I enjoyed this parable story. It was quick and easy to read. I know how profound and life-changing deep breathing can be, and it's amazing how many people just don't do it.

I'm keeping this one on my shelf to re-read as needed.
Manzoor
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Three Deep Breaths is a parable of a executive whose life is at a mess and how life brings him to the teachers who help him to calm down. Thomas Crum has put the life lessons every executive needs to know to bring a work life balance.

Sue
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tom Crum is an amazing man...his message is so simple, yet amazingly powerful
Susan Turregano
Jun 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
If only it was that easy.
Lunar Snowflake
Kevin
Oct 20, 2018
Eric Reidsma
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the story format. I have started taking centering breaths and living in the moment.
Kim