Start by marking “Black Friday” as Want to Read:
Black Friday

Black Friday

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  1,029 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
In this dramatic, savvy tale, things are not always as they seem. Somebody holds the ticket to a jury's verdict. Lies and truth collide. Everyone has a different angle. One murder can change a million lives, and that is what happens to Kasheef Williams on a cold, black Friday. When a reunion with an old friend goes wrong in a Long Island night club, Kasheef is forced to pr ...more
Audio CD
Published April 1st 2011 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Black Friday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Friday

Chandra
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK. I DONT WANT TO RUIN IT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ THIS YET*

I had mixed emotions about this book. I have to say I am very suprised that Alija was able to go through with what was planned. Most women let their hearts get in the way so I have to say I had mad respect for her. She had a plan and she went through with it no matter how hard it was.

On the flip side I did feel bad for Kasheef. I felt bad becasue being in that type of life it is every
Alexis
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't expect anything less, and of course I enjoyed the book. As usual there was a crazy ass twist to this whole entire madness and I thought it worked well with the story. I think I felt, at the same damn time, the pain, hurt just disbelief as Kasheef, when we realized Alija's master plan. I mean the photos were just a huge f*ck you and bullet to the heart... it was great, probably the best part about the whole entire book. Usually I just say "oh wow" that's messed up when something shocking ...more
Amy
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out kind of boring to me, which was a little unusual because Ashley & JaQuavis' books usually grip me from the very begining. This one however had me doubting if it was going to be good or not and I wasn't even halfway through it yet. Then it began to pick up and I said ok this is cool and then came the ending..wow really? Major disappointment I didn't like it at all. I think ya'll could have done better with the way Kasheef got played. Karma should happen to dirty back sta ...more
Diane Rembert
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kasheef is accused of murder and falls in love with the eyewitness Alija, after attempting to have her killed. I truly enjoyed this book and would recommend it. Looking over some of the reviews makes me thankful that I only read them AFTER I've finished the book.
B
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good book! there has to be a part 2...we can't be left hanging!
Cicely
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book,lots of surprises, however, it just ended. I'm still looking for the ending. I image that there will be a part 2.
Cheryl
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I couldn't wait to see what happened next in the book and was very surprised by what happened at the end. I highly recommend it
Suzzette
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never expected that. Very good read.
Ashley did not disappoint :)
Carmen
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The shock at the end would make you hate this book. I was hoping Kasheef and Alija would find happiness together but the shock!!!. This was a good book as usual. Ashley and Jaquavis has done it again. I think the end was sad and unfair.
Mel
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of Ashley Jaquavis/Ashley Antoinette. This book, while OK wasn't their best. I do think it deserves a sequel though. Everything was left in the air at the end. Kasheef kills Ahmad in a transaction turned robbery gone bad. The only witness (Alija)is caught on video. Hers is the only clear face besides the victims. Kasheef hires goons to kill her. She evades it and they wind up falling in love. There are other characters. Norelle, Kasheefs gold digging girlfriend and, her sorority siste ...more
Jenee Rager
I always enjoy Ashley and Jaquavis's stories. They are fast paced and usually have a great twist at the end. This one isn't one of my favorites though. The plot holes regarding the trial are just too big to look past. Like a trial date being set the same afternoon as a first appearance, it's NEVER going to happen. Also, judges don't sentence you to time in a certain prison, they sentence you to an amount of time in the state department of corrections and the DOC decides where you serve that sent ...more
Kiana Patron
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a man named Kasheef williams , he was at the club with his main man Ahmad. A pretty girl named Alija bell came up to the gentleman but mostly chatted with Ahmad , after the club started closing down Alija left the two gentlemen to their talk and the club , went to the parking lot then she noticed something was missing , her purse. She walks back to the empty club looking for it but there was a bright light coming from the room upstairs and all it took was BANG BANG sound of gu ...more
Mirrlees
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story from beginning to end. A drug story a love story....Norelle was the queen of this show until greed reared its ugly head. Alija on the other hand a single mother trying her best to do what's right witness a sight that took her life in a tale spin. She preyed on Kasheef's love that took him straight to where she think he deserved to go. The ending was shocking but in my opinion deserving. Will there be a part 2...after 15 years????
Bless
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a turn of events! I guess Kasheef will never enjoy his life. I really don't like the fact that Alija kept her secret about Ahmad in the end. There she goes with abother fatherless child. This was a good sweet bit bitter ending book. The streets can really ruin your life, especially if you are Norelle. Mrs. Antoinette did am amazing job on this book! 5 stars and I recommend this book to anyone so that they can be careful who they trust and we may all say: In God we trust.
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
A very surprising ending. I didn't see that coming. However it just goes to show you just when you think you have it all figured out; hold that thought, nothing is what it seems. You guys did a great job with this. I was looking for that happily ever after ending and you threw me for a loop. It didn't end my way but I give credit where it's due. Ya'll did that!!!!
Kim
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: street-lit
Wow this is the first book that I've read from these two where everyone wasn't dead by the end. The book had the usual murder and drugs angle, but there was actually a pretty good storyline behind it all. The twist at the end was totally unexpected, the authors reallly through a monkey wrench in the whole story. Nonetheless this was a really good read, and I'd definitely recommend.
Brandi
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-in-2017
This was an okay read. I personally thought this could have been a short story. The only thing that kept me interested in reading the story was knowing there had to be some kind of twist. The twist was a good one but it came at the very end. I would recommend this one if you are in between a series.
Quesha Wilborn
Not worth it

I just don't believe A&J actually wrote this. It was poorly written &completely unrealistic. Although the end had a huge twist it still didn't coincide with the beginning of the book. Seriously a middle school student could have did better lol. SAVE YOUR MONEY! This sucks cause I'm such a huge fan of A&J
Denise Gilliam
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read not like all the other books that I read by the dynamic duo. The plot to the book was very good. I liked how you got to go through all the drama and suspense of the book. I was totally shocked at the ending. I was really hoping that Kasheef would end up getting out. They say if you do the crime you have to do the time. I give this book 4 plus stars..
Me'Tova Hollingsworth
Talkin' about a page turning masterpiece. I absolutely loved this book and did not want to put it down until I was finished. Kasheef learned a life changing lesson for sure. Alija shocked the heck out of me. I sure hope there will be a Part II! This was a definitely a Black Friday!!!
Shone
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Shone by: Sylvia Long
Shelves: pwoc-bom
No good come to anyone, when the only person you care abou is yourself. By human nature Norelle, Alija, and Kasheef are all a little self centered. Can one or all of them change before it's too late.
Urban Fiction
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book is beyond Good After the First Chapter you will Think you got the Plot Figured out and you will be completely off lol I'm an Avid Reader of Urban Fiction and this is by far a Favorite for Me.
Juanesia
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best book that I've read by A&J but it wasn't a bad story. I'm not sure if they put this one out just to have something on the shelves at the time or what. The more you read the further you want to keep reading to see how things will play out.
Tina Green
I love this husband and wife team.the way these two collaborate together Is awsome.i hope there is a sequel to this book.i would love to find out what becomes of kasheef and the baby alija is carrying.
Punkin
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Husband and wife team is bad..The way the story opened was just awesome,then to Flip the script at the end Aija really did a number on Kasheef, love will make you do some crazy things..loved this book..
Donisha Murdock
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! This will go down as one of my favorites! This book literally broke my heart. I loved it from beginning to end. I loved the twist at the end but i hated it. I absolutely loved this book! I couldnt even put it down. It took me 24 hours to read this book. Great read!
Sweetie
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally a book where I couldn't predict the ending...Definitely a must read :)
Shawalli
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another good book by Ashley and Jaquavis. I'm enjoying this book.
Lillian
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i am reading this book right now and its a page turner. i give this book 10 stars
Shanta Shaw
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Page turner a true black friday....awesome.
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #3)
  • Mina's Joint
  • Trife Life To Lavish Part 2 Genesis & Genevieve... Am I My Brother's Keeper
  • Back to the Hood (Flint, #5)
  • New York's Finest (New York's Finest #1)
  • Hell's Diva
  • Superstar
  • Dutch II: Angel's Revenge (Dutch Trilogy #2)
  • The Return of a Gangsters Girl
  • A Project Chick
  • Welfare Wifeys (Hood Rat #4)
  • Millionaire Wives Club
  • Black
ASHLEY ANTOINETTE COLEMAN is one of the most successful female writers of her time. The feminine half of the popular married duo, Ashley and JaQuavis, she has co-written over 40 novels, including the bestselling Cartel series. Several of her titles have hit The New York Times bestsellers list, but she is most widely regarded for her continuing racy saga, The Prada Plan. Born in Flint, MI, she was ...more
More about Ashley Antoinette...