Start by marking “Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7)” as Want to Read:
Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7)

Vampire in Atlantis

(Warriors Of Poseidon #7)

The most unexpected of all allies to Poseidon's warriors has proven to be the fiercest-Daniel, a vampire and Night Guild mage. But even the strongest alliance can be destroyed when a vampire's oath crosses paths with a maiden's quest, and an eleven-thousand-year-old desire is reborn.

Ready to face the dawn and die after 11,000 years as a vampire, Daniel walks into the
Mass Market Paperback, 311 pages
Published June 7th 2011 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Vampire in Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire in Atlantis

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareDead Reckoning by Charlaine HarrisSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Can't Wait Books For 2011
1,218 books — 6,850 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellFighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsHard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
Covergasms!
1,153 books — 939 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7)
Laura the Highland Hussy
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
(Mostly) Spoiler-free

One of the problems with having a favorite author is having high expectations. Alyssa Day's Warriors of Poseidon series was my first paranormal read ever. Add that to the fact that her books just get better and better (I mean I never thought she'd be able to top Brennan's!) and once you put all that together, well, that's just a lot of pressure for this book to have. So what happens if this book isn't awesome? I hate that nervous feeling I get as I crack open a new book
valee
Nov 15, 2010 rated it liked it
I rated it like this because the rest of the characters are so amazing and the plot is really interesting, but I could have rated it even lower.

This installment is about our amazing DANIEL. Men, I have been waiting to read his book since the beginning of the series, I have been in love with Daniel forever, only my love for Alaric was stronger. Our amazing hero has been a tortured soul for 11.000 years and has been trying to be good this last years, trying to redeem himself. He only loved once
Ronda  Tutt
Excellent Read!

Wow, I am in total Awe because I didn’t know what to expect from Daniel (mage vampire) and Serai (Atlantean Princess) story in the beginning but man was I surprised at how the story swept me away with each characters circumstances and desperations. This was truly an amazing story as it had me almost to tears in the end going from sadness to happy smiling overjoy. Of course the erotic scenes were hot and the connection and action between all the characters was perfect.

I love all
Cindy
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keepers
Great paranormal romance with an action plot. Some series are like TV sitcoms, they go stale rather quickly. Not this one! Alyssa Day manages to give each book its own fresh view of the world while moving the series story arc along and resolving the main story line.

The hero is Daniel who has played an enigmatic role through several of the previous books. We've known him by several names [Daniel/Devon/Drakos/Demetrios] and in several roles - most recently he had become the vampire head of state.
Danielle
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Honestly speaking Vampire in Atlantis is one of the best books in the series!!! Day really outdid herself writing this book. You havent read the series you have no idea what you are missing. I am so glad I was brought into this exciting world that Day has created. It special and unique. I couldn't help myself just to fall head over heels in love.

Serai is an Atlantean who just so happens to been locked away and saved for a future King of Atlantis. Now here is the kicker....she has been trapped
WildAboutBones
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
In this seventh book of the Warriors of Poseidon series the whole gang is back with a couple of additions. Set in Day's wonderfully crafted world, this time there are the usual vampires, shapeshifters, Atlantean warriors, wizards and witches plus a sorceress, "virginsicles" and the Emperor gem.

The vampire Daniel (a.k.a. Drakos and Devon) takes the lead this time. For years he's thought his first love, Serai of Atlantis, was dead. Daniel is lucky. He's been given a second chance. Will he make the
Melindeeloo
Vampire Daniel, a sometimes ally to the Warriors of Poseidon, is feeling the weight of all his centuries and has decided to face the sun, but instead of death he finds a new reason to live in the woman he'd thought was lost to him.

The leading man Daniel was fine and I liked learning the backstory of the mysterious vamp who has turned up in the series from time to time, but I just couldn't get attached to his heroine Serai - even having thawed out from her thousands of years of statis, she was
Hbeebti
Dec 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved Daniel from the very beginning.There was always something about him. His ever changing names to to different roles that he play throughout the books. He was one of the men/vampires I couldn't quite pin down.

This story was not as action packed as some of the other books in this series. I think that this was more about the romance for Daniel and Serai. It was about thousand of years of unending love that they shared. I loved their story. I was kinda confused in the beginning
Lizzielvr
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! My second favorite in the Warriors of Poseidon series, Justice’s story being my number one. In this book, it’s not just Daniel & Serai’s romance, it’s the whole story. Day brings back all the favorite characters in a suspenseful and action filled tale. Lots going on in this one! An excellent addition to the series.
Tori
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Daniel had lived over 11,000 years. He was the Primator of vampires in the U.S. Congress and he was tired and ready to face the dawn. Serai had spent the last 11,000 years in a type of suspended animation. Promised to the Atlantean Royal Prince Conlan, she has been left in her stasis to hear those around her live their lives. When the stasis magic is interrupted Serai breaks free of her stasis and Atlantis with Daniel in tow.
If they can't find the jewel that's disrupting the magic, Serai and her
Sephireth
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm not finished yet, but I think this one is the weakest book of the whole series.
I really love Alyssa Day's books! The Warriors of Poseidon is one of the best Paranrmal Romance Series out there! But I cannot love this installment... Daniel is quite a lovable male! He's interesting being an 11thousand years old vampire... But Serai! She just gets on my nerves all the time! The oh so powerful virgin maiden ... after a brief incident of near death experience "Come on and take me! I don't wanna
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
I have to say that after the last two books in the Warriors of Poseidon series, this one pales in comparison. While still a good story, at times the dialogue between the main characters or other Atlantean warriors felt choppy and forced. Likewise, it took me a long time to warm up to the romance between Daniel and Serai. With that said, the couple grew on me over the course of the book, so that by the time the heroic sacrifices are made and the climax occurs, I felt the sting of injustice in my ...more
Taria Reed
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires, paranormal
This is the longest it's taken me to finish a book. I even stopped and started (and finished) other series/books just to come back to this and try to get through. This was not my favorite story in the series. I just didn't connect with the characters.

I felt as if Alyssa Day just phoned this novel in. It just lacked the magic the other books had.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Dec 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
We have gotten to know Daniel in the previous warrior books and we have known there was a lot more to his story. Now we know that his love was an atlantean princess, Serai, who was put in stasis to wed the prince of Atlantis someday. He's been helping the good guys for almost all of his long, long life, and has never stopped loving and mourning Serai because he thought her dead. Great read!!
Chrissy Connor
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
The first 2/3 of the book was tough for me to get through. It took me days to read it. It seemed very drawn out. Although I can never leave a book unfinished.
Blodeuedd Finland
Oct 16, 2014 marked it as dnf
should have read them long ago, and certainly not now
Kathy Davie
May 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Seventh in the Warriors of Poseidon paranormal romance series about the elite guards for the High Prince of Atlantis and their allies. The couple focus is on Daniel and Serai. The jewel focus is on the Emperor.

It's been 11 years since the vampires came out to the world.

My Take
Okay, Daniel has worked really hard to get to this point. He's finally in charge, governmentally, of all the vampires in the U.S. And the first thing he's going to do is resign?? Now, where does this make any sense?? Nor do
Dark Faerie Tales
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Strong characters and great world building draw you in and keep you strapped to your chair, turning pages. Fast paced with notable action and steamy love scenes.

Opening Sentence: Daniel looked out at the sea of red eyes glaring back at him in the vast oak-and-marble chamber of the Primus and wondered, not for the first time, why the hell he’d ever wanted to be the ruler of the North American Vampires.

Review:

I have been waiting on Daniel’s
Shan ~ A ~
I couldn't get past Serai acting like the spoiled princess that she is to understand why Daniel supposedly loved her so much.

I understand being upset about being in stasis for 11,000 years, and being mad at the man you feel abandoned you, but at some point she should have realized it was more to it that what she thought. Also, how could you stay mad when not long after escaping stasis you literally run into the man you love so much?

Also, the back and forth of not taking her innocence to wanting
Elisa
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, Daniel's story was worth the wait.. for me anyway I'm not convinced it was worth eleven thousand years for Daniel and Serai...lol that seems way beyond cruel and unusual punishment but it also made the story for me as it added such a magical element to the romance side of the story.

There was a lot happening in this book and I know we are nearing the end of the series which gives me anxiety for multiple reasons...lol I can't wait to see how it ends but at the same time, I want more.

I
Jessica Bone
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Daniel, vampire and ally of the Warriors of Poseidon has fought on the side of humanity only to never have the one thing he wants most. Serai Princess of Atlantis has been in stasis for 11,000 years and must recover the Emperor Jewel to save her sisters still is stasis. Only together can they find what they can truly be.
Willi
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and this book!
Robin
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was an adventure to me. It took me longer to read. The ending, not the very ending, but the end of the task for Sarai and Daniel seemed a bit forced.
Nerissa
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these books!

One of my favorite series by far. I can't wait for the next
Fingers crossed for Alaric, I have waited forever for him to be happy
Cindy Cowan
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alyssa-day
I have always liked Daniel and his and Seria's story was so satisfying.
Lois Alston
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

So much excitement, adventure, pain and love. Discovering your love you thought long dead was only resting. Being saved from dying. An adventure of a lifetime.
Deannie
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!!!!!!!!!!
Genesis Britigan
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series.
Kathy
Setting: Primus chambers below Capitol Building, Washington DC; Maiden’s Chamber, palace gardens, Atlantis; Reflecting Pool, Washington Monument, PA; Sedona, Arizona – Montezuma’s Castle national Park, caverns, Nicholas’ mansion;

Theme: love that was not forgotten, a guilt carried over; reunion; a love that conquers; bad guys who aren’t so bad;

Characters:
Daniel: ex-Primator, Ruler of the Primus (3rd house of US Congress);11,000 years ago an apprentice to a metal worker/vampire, and met Serai,
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Cold Day in the Sun
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3)
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • The Midnight Dragon's Mate (Shifter Dads, #2)
  • Ignite (Dark Kings #15)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling, #0.5, 3.5, 9.5, 10.5)
  • Dark Illusion (Dark #29)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Wildblumensommer
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #11.5; Feline Breeds, #9; Children of the Sea Prequel)
Alyssa Day is the pen name (and dark and tortured alter ego) of RITA award-winning author Alesia Holliday. She is a multiple finalist in the prestigious RITA awards for excellence in romance fiction and has won several awards for her novels.

ATLANTIS RISING was the first of Alyssa's Warriors of Poseidon novels for Berkley Publishing, and was featured on the cover of the March, 2007, issue of

Warriors Of Poseidon (8 books)
  • Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1)
  • Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, #2)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5)
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
  • Heart of Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8)
“No matter what it takes. Make at least part of him live, and I can find the rest of him somehow. Someday.” 3 likes
“He'd saved her life and killed her trust. He'd thought it a fair trade, at the time.” 3 likes