Start by marking “Love's Funny That Way” as Want to Read:
Love's Funny That Way

Love's Funny That Way

(The Wedding Ring #1)

Love's Funny That Way by Pamela Burford released on Nov 24, 2000 is available now for purchase.
Paperback, Harlequin Temptation, No 812, 224 pages
Published November 24th 2000 by Harlequin Temptation (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Funny That Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Funny That Way

Start your review of Love's Funny That Way
KatyMarie
Mar 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Coco.V
Mar 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/4/2018)!
Nancy Brady
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four high school friends make a pact to play matchmaker IF any of them are unmarried when she turns the Big 3-0!

Well, hypnotherapist Raven (named after Poe's poem) is the first to turn thirty, and her friends have just the man picked out. Brent is perfect (a stone hunk!), that is until the first date where she meets his younger brother. From the get-go, it is pure chemistry, but neither wants to act on it in this contemporary romance. For her, it is the obligation of trying three months of
Nancy
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vickie
Love's Funny That Way by Pamela Burford was a cute quick read. Four women who are childhood friends, make a pact targeting the age of 30, dating a prospective husband for three months, and then possibly marriage. Raven is the first target but is this guy the right one for her? This was a quick, fluffy read which is perfect for December - a crazy time of year around our house between Hanukkah and Christmas!

Go Cards! L1C4!!

Rita Kunselman
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very cute book about a girl falling in love with guys brother that her ring of friends set her up with. The Ring of friends are all different but, have been friends since kindergarten. They declare that you must date him for 3 months and all kind of things happen! I just read the first chapter of the next book “I Do but, here’s the Catch !” and it looks interesting, also! I definitely recommend this book.
Melody Cox
Mar 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cheating
Wow, this story was a mess! For me, it was all over the place inducing whiplash from trying to follow along. I will say up front had I know there would be a cheating, lying boyfriend involved I NEVER would have chosen to read it. I checked the blurb and random reviews, as I don't like to sit and read every one of them since many contain major spoilers without warning. I am still of the belief that when there are OM/OW and cheating there should be some kind of indication or warning label in the ...more
Kate McMurry
This is a reprint of a 2001 Harlequin Romance. It is book one of a series, but each book can stand alone. There is a bit of a romantic triangle, but not a true one. Interestingly, the romantic hero is only 26 and owns a comedy club. The heroine is 30 and is a hypno-therapist. Not quite a New Adult romance (they didn't exist as a genre in 2001), but almost fits the definition given the hero's age.

Lots of snappy repartee between heroine and hero, and he encourages her to attempt standup comedy.
Chris
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so hooked

I have gobbled up two of her books just tonight and after the preview, had to buy the next book. I will probably end up owning all of them because I love the way she writes!

The main characters feel so very real to me. And I love the dialogue.

The only part that threw me was when the girlfriends were telling her to give the Brent guy another chance. Come on, really???

Still worth the read, though. :)
johnanimalantics.net, Margaret G Conlan
Super

I particularly liked the friends looking out for each other. Their commitment is commendable. Friendship is truly endearing. They encouraged each other from their childhood growing up together. What a wonderful idea. Even though it didn’t really work out for Raven, true love was found eventually quite unexpectedly. Good story line.
Sherri Bailey
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love’s Funny That Way

Four young girls make a pact to find each other husbands when they each turn thirty if they are not married. The story of Raven, the first one to turn thirty, is very good. In the end it just proves even the best laid plans don’t work out the way you think they should.
Aimee
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Very cute

This story was supper sweet and very funny. The heroine's friends set her up on a blind date with the caveat that she has to date the guy for 3 months as a prospective husband. Instead, our plucky heroine falls in love with his brother. Misunderstandings ensue. Cute, mostly fluffy read. Very quick.
Anne Turnley
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot romance

After agreeing to date one man for 3 months, Raven becomes interested in his brother. Lots of complications ensue but, she falls in love with the wrong brother. Will it come out right in the end?
Clarissa Boggs
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a good chick lit book and this fit the bill perfectly. Although I think enforcing a marriage pact you made as children is silly it was still an entertaining read for me . Five stars
Heather Cash
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This is the first story I've read by this author. I loved the stubbornness of Raven. I believe more women need to assert themselves and then men will respect us. Men have a tendency to assume too much.
Jan Locke
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comedy of errors

You laugh, you chew your fingernails down, you turn some pages really fast, laugh again & sigh. These friends are the real deal & Pamela Burford knows how to create an atmosphere & characters you can't wait to get to know!
Carol Tietsworth
A pact between 4 girls, friends since kindergarten, about finding each other a husband if by 30 they weren't married. Raven is first. Raven, a Poe enthusiast, but shy, shy, shy is a hypnotherapist. A wonderful story about boundaries, real or implied and double standards. I loved it.
Nancy Reynolds
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book - and could see where it was going. However, I don't know that I would have gone along with the pact so I found that part a bit annoying. That said, I will definitely try to read the others in the series, because I enjoyed the friendship and devotion to one another
Carolyn Powers
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. And I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Janis
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm actually reading this series for the 2nd time. I read it a LONG time ago and tracked it down to read it again. Very fun light read.
Jeri
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A creative love story with your friends being the match makers. It reminded me a little of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. A sweet happy-ever-after with more in the series to come.
Heather Silvio
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once you suspend disbelief about the plot, this is actually a quick, fun read; and it was the perfect antidote to the darker books I've been reading for school.
Carol Sandford
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Very nice little romance, complete with 2 hunny men and a cute, wholesome girl. Had to be a good story, didn't it?
Theresa Kelso
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Sweet friendships, drastic measures, happy endings...and a new project! Can there be anything better? No! I like happy endings and fun projects.
Katie Durante
this book didn't work for me. too much back and forth and really drastic moments that I didn't like.
Paul
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book where Raven is being pushed by her friends to decide on a husband. The match-making begins. Which of two brothers will win Raven's heart?
Ronaye
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this series was an enjoyable read. The premise of the Wedding Ring series is that the women will help each other find husbands if they are still single at 30. Lots of twists before the true love is found.Love's Funny That Way
barbara a vail
Okay

Book was an easy reader. Mildly amusing. Nothing naff about it but nothing to recommend. Nothing special about character development
Michael K
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE when authors give away the first book in the series. I know that’s totally taking advantage of their hard work and talent, but I’m so thankful this particular let us in first.
Not only is this book good enough to read the rest in the series, it’s worth purchasing the rest in the series.

Fun premise, even better dialogue and features some incredibly grounded characterization—I recommend this ENTIRE SERIES to anyone who enjoys fun-loving romances. Supah’ cute.
Cindy
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the title

I originally liked the title, it was catchy.The story line was enjoyable as well as the characters. Something close girlfriends would say but not likely do.

• Driving Home for Christmas (Billionaire Holiday #1)
  • Corporate Husband (Love and Chocolate, #1)
  • Summer with a Star (Second Chances #1)
  • A Time to Give
  • Oscar (The Davenports #1)
  • Summer at the Lake (Flying Solo #1)
  • Love, Chocolate, and Beer (Cactus Creek, #1)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek, #1)
  • Santa's Secret
  • Friends Wanting Benefits (Friends with Benefits, #0.5)
  • Fielder's Choice (Tavonesi #3)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • Devlin UnLeashed
  • Filthy Doctor
  • Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat (Wingmen, #2)
  • Bargaining with the Bride (Honeybrook Love, Inc., #1)
  • Forever Yours in Christmas Falls
Pamela Burford comes from a funny family. You may take that any way you want. She was raised in a household that valued laughter above all, so of course the first thing she looked for in a husband was a sense of humor. Is it any wonder their grown kids are into stand-up comedy and improv? Oh, and here's another fun family fact: Pamela's identical twin sister, Patricia Ryan, aka P.B. Ryan, is also ...more

The Wedding Ring (4 books)
  • I Do, But Here's the Catch (The Wedding Ring #2)
  • One Eager Bride to Go (The Wedding Ring #3)
  • Fiancé for Hire (The Wedding Ring #4)