Start by marking “Love's Funny That Way” as Want to Read:
Love's Funny That Way

Love's Funny That Way

(The Wedding Ring #1)

Love's Funny That Way by Pamela Burford released on Nov 24, 2000 is available now for purchase. ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Temptation, No 812, 224 pages
Published November 24th 2000 by Harlequin Temptation (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Funny That Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Funny That Way

Start your review of Love's Funny That Way
KatyMarie
Mar 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
SA Krishnan
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute romance

The four friends trying to help each other find was a fun way to start the story. The attempts of the friends to fix Raven with Brent also seems like a fairly workable plan. But then insisting on three months of dating seemed a little too much.
Naturally come comes Brent’s younger brother.
Hunter and Raven’s chemistry is amazing.
How they manage to help each other either during the fear of heights or other times was brought out so beautifully well, that it made me want to root for them
Vickie
Love's Funny That Way by Pamela Burford was a cute quick read. Four women who are childhood friends, make a pact targeting the age of 30, dating a prospective husband for three months, and then possibly marriage. Raven is the first target but is this guy the right one for her? This was a quick, fluffy read which is perfect for December - a crazy time of year around our house between Hanukkah and Christmas!

Go Cards! L1C4!!

Coco.V
Mar 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/4/2018)!💝
Nancy Brady
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four high school friends make a pact to play matchmaker IF any of them are unmarried when she turns the Big 3-0!

Well, hypnotherapist Raven (named after Poe's poem) is the first to turn thirty, and her friends have just the man picked out. Brent is perfect (a stone hunk!), that is until the first date where she meets his younger brother. From the get-go, it is pure chemistry, but neither wants to act on it in this contemporary romance. For her, it is the obligation of trying three months of date
Nancy
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rita Kunselman
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very cute book about a girl falling in love with guys brother that her ring of friends set her up with. The Ring of friends are all different but, have been friends since kindergarten. They declare that you must date him for 3 months and all kind of things happen! I just read the first chapter of the next book “I Do but, here’s the Catch !” and it looks interesting, also! I definitely recommend this book.
Pam
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love’s Funny That Way: The Wedding Ring Book 1 is by Pamela Burford. This is a cute book to start a series dealing with love. Four high school graduates who had known each other since kindergarten made a pact. If they were unmarried on their thirtieth birthday, they would let the other three p ick a man for them. They would date him for three months before dropping him. The intent is to get married, not to give up.
The first to turn thirty was Raven. Of the four, they had been the most reluctant
Melody Cox
Mar 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cheating
Wow, this story was a mess! For me, it was all over the place inducing whiplash from trying to follow along. I will say up front had I know there would be a cheating, lying boyfriend involved I NEVER would have chosen to read it. I checked the blurb and random reviews, as I don't like to sit and read every one of them since many contain major spoilers without warning. I am still of the belief that when there are OM/OW and cheating there should be some kind of indication or warning label in the b ...more
Kate McMurry
This is a reprint of a 2001 Harlequin Romance. It is book one of a series, but each book can stand alone. There is a bit of a romantic triangle, but not a true one. Interestingly, the romantic hero is only 26 and owns a comedy club. The heroine is 30 and is a hypno-therapist. Not quite a New Adult romance (they didn't exist as a genre in 2001), but almost fits the definition given the hero's age.

Lots of snappy repartee between heroine and hero, and he encourages her to attempt standup comedy. Th
Stephanie Bolen
It was weird

The beginning was long. The four friends still remaining friends after high school seems improbable. The "relationship" between Brent and Raven was laughable. Sorry but if I'm on a date with you and you leave me behind good luck finding me. I'll find my own way home and lose your number like you lost me. Dude, was an inconsiderate jerk. Sorry Hunter wouldn't have made it either. Naw, there are too many men in the world to put up with stupid. If I'm not special jump off a bridge. Seri
Chris
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so hooked

I have gobbled up two of her books just tonight and after the preview, had to buy the next book. I will probably end up owning all of them because I love the way she writes!

The main characters feel so very real to me. And I love the dialogue.

The only part that threw me was when the girlfriends were telling her to give the Brent guy another chance. Come on, really???

Still worth the read, though. :)
Anneliese
I was excited for this book and series and thought it was a clever plot of four friends trying to pick mates for each other. But **SPOILER ALERT** I was so turned off that the author had the friends encourage her to stick it out with a man who was cheating on her just because they had discussed her being exclusive but he had never officially said he would be. If any of my friends encouraged me to stay with someone who was cheating on me, let’s just say I wouldn’t call them friends.
Aimee
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Very cute

This story was supper sweet and very funny. The heroine's friends set her up on a blind date with the caveat that she has to date the guy for 3 months as a prospective husband. Instead, our plucky heroine falls in love with his brother. Misunderstandings ensue. Cute, mostly fluffy read. Very quick.
Sherri Bailey
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love’s Funny That Way

Four young girls make a pact to find each other husbands when they each turn thirty if they are not married. The story of Raven, the first one to turn thirty, is very good. In the end it just proves even the best laid plans don’t work out the way you think they should.
johnanimalantics.net, Margaret G Conlan
Super

I particularly liked the friends looking out for each other. Their commitment is commendable. Friendship is truly endearing. They encouraged each other from their childhood growing up together. What a wonderful idea. Even though it didn’t really work out for Raven, true love was found eventually quite unexpectedly. Good story line.
Hanna
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow Start, but Wonderful Story

This series is based on an unusual premise that is explained in a slow Prologue, but then the action picks up. With fascinating characters and only slightly exaggerated situations, this is a delightful read. Plus I bought the next one in the series, a sure sign this tightwad liked the book.
Tracey
Jan 31, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not believable

Hunter's such a blockhead. He thinks Raven would steam up her sedan with him while in love with his brother? He kept insisting he knew how she felt even though she gave no indication of the sort. She was way too forgiving of him making such a low assumption about her moral fiber.
Carol Tietsworth
A pact between 4 girls, friends since kindergarten, about finding each other a husband if by 30 they weren't married. Raven is first. Raven, a Poe enthusiast, but shy, shy, shy is a hypnotherapist. A wonderful story about boundaries, real or implied and double standards. I loved it. ...more
Clarissa Boggs
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a good chick lit book and this fit the bill perfectly. Although I think enforcing a marriage pact you made as children is silly it was still an entertaining read for me . Five stars ...more
Nancy Reynolds
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book - and could see where it was going. However, I don't know that I would have gone along with the pact so I found that part a bit annoying. That said, I will definitely try to read the others in the series, because I enjoyed the friendship and devotion to one another ...more
Anne Turnley
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot romance

After agreeing to date one man for 3 months, Raven becomes interested in his brother. Lots of complications ensue but, she falls in love with the wrong brother. Will it come out right in the end?
Jan Locke
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comedy of errors

You laugh, you chew your fingernails down, you turn some pages really fast, laugh again & sigh. These friends are the real deal & Pamela Burford knows how to create an atmosphere & characters you can't wait to get to know!
Heather Cash
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This is the first story I've read by this author. I loved the stubbornness of Raven. I believe more women need to assert themselves and then men will respect us. Men have a tendency to assume too much.
A_Friend
Love’s Funny That Way

Awesome read from page one! Loved characters and storyline. Married by 30 or this could happen to you if you have a few great friends. Lots to read about.... a definite must read!!
Jeri
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A creative love story with your friends being the match makers. It reminded me a little of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. A sweet happy-ever-after with more in the series to come.
Heather Silvio
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once you suspend disbelief about the plot, this is actually a quick, fun read; and it was the perfect antidote to the darker books I've been reading for school. ...more
Katie
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
this book didn't work for me. too much back and forth and really drastic moments that I didn't like. ...more
Carolyn Powers
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. And I can't wait to read the rest of the series! ...more
Paul R
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book where Raven is being pushed by her friends to decide on a husband. The match-making begins. Which of two brothers will win Raven's heart? ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love Everlasting
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • Meant to Be (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #2)
  • True Blue Cowboy (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Writing Mr. Right
  • Where Their Hearts Collide (Wardham, #2)
  • A Hero's Heart (Resolution Ranch, #2)
  • One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series, #1)
  • Cooking Up Trouble (The Brides of Blossom, Texas, #2)
  • A Family Affair: Fall (Truth in Lies, #4)
  • Hot Mess (Hot Aussie Knights, #1)
  • The Summer I Loved You (A Love for All Seasons, #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend (The Celebrity Corgi Romances, #1)
  • Nearly Wild (Main Street Merchants, #3)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch #2; Rocky Mountain House #2)
  • Impossible Love (Unforeseen Destiny, #1)
  • Irresistible In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #4)
  • Blindsided by Brooke (A Red Maple Falls Novel, #8) (Marshall Family, #2)
Pamela Burford comes from a funny family. You may take that any way you want. She was raised in a household that valued laughter above all, so of course the first thing she looked for in a husband was a sense of humor. Is it any wonder their grown kids are into stand-up comedy and improv? Oh, and here's another fun family fact: Pamela's identical twin sister, Patricia Ryan, aka P.B. Ryan, is also ...more

The Wedding Ring (4 books)
  • I Do, But Here's the Catch (The Wedding Ring #2)
  • One Eager Bride to Go (The Wedding Ring #3)
  • Fiancé for Hire (The Wedding Ring #4)