Start by marking “Love and Respect / Love and Respect Workbook 2-1” as Want to Read:
Love and Respect / Love and Respect Workbook 2-1

Love and Respect / Love and Respect Workbook 2-1

Psychological studies affirm it, and the Bible has been saying it for ages. Cracking the communication code between husband and wife involves understanding one thing: that unconditional respect is as powerful for him as unconditional love is for her. Today, you and your mate can start fresh with the dynamic guidance Dr. Eggerichs provides in this special edition of his bes ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Nelson, Thomas, Inc. (first published September 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Respect / Love and Respect Workbook 2-1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Respect / Love and Respect Workbook 2-1

Tyler Cox
Jun 18, 2015 Tyler Cox rated it it was ok
There are just much better books on marriage out there.
Lucy Delaney
Apr 21, 2015 Lucy Delaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book was a much needed but hard pill for me to swallow. I am a strong, independent, opinionated woman and I didn't buy it at first. I grew up with strong, proud men and thought I had a good grasp on how to respect men and it frustrated me to hear the author try to sell me on the fact that my tone of voice or face can crush my husband's ego. But after I put my big girl pants on, I realized he was absolutely correct. I would never speak to my boss the way I sometimes speak to my husband. With ...more
S
Oct 30, 2014 S rated it it was ok
Good concept. But this really should have been an essay, and not a book. At the most, it should have had 10 chapters. I am dying by Chapter 7, because all of his chapters have the same pattern so far: 1/2 of the chapter is emails/anecdotes from former clients/couples he has counseled; the other half is telling people that men have to unconditionally love their wives, and women have to unconditionally respect their husbands in different combinations of words. It's almost torturous to read.

My adv
Suzann
Mar 05, 2011 Suzann rated it it was amazing
I have to say that this is truly the best book for marriages ever. Christian based, honest, direct, and helpful to read as a husband, wife, or couple. I wish I would have found this book years ago!
Alicia Willis
Apr 21, 2015 Alicia Willis rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon.
Alex Barrett
Mar 08, 2017 Alex Barrett rated it it was amazing
Very good, borderline revolutionary way to look at how we "Love Each Other" by explaining how the different genders view it. Even if you don't hold the same religious views (author is vocal Christian, and uses Biblical passages in his arguments) the principles are very good for helping a marriage as the genders interact and view the concepts of "Love" differently.
Darcy Leech
Jan 09, 2016 Darcy Leech rated it it was ok
This book was good to me because we had a married couple Bible study with Emerson's videos. I kept thinking "Is this guy for real?" I bought the book after Emerson said something outrageous on the video about evolution, the "subversive use of adderall to control men" and feminists. I knew a Bible study with other couples was good for us, but I wanted to quit because Eggerichs was including so much other unrelated religious "propaganda". The book is decent. It is soundly written grammatically and ...more
brynnelda dahling
Nov 02, 2011 brynnelda dahling rated it really liked it
This book is worth reading for anyone. Yes, it has cheesy parts and it sometimes seems written for a caveman audience but the author did not start out as a writer, so be forgiving. The first section is continual self promotion for the book but skip it or skim through it quickly (unless you still need to be sold on why you should read the book further). The part that is most effective is where the author finally spells out how to love and respect your spouse.

We both agree that this book has help
Joshua
Apr 12, 2013 Joshua rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
This book is extremely helpful to my wife and I. Dr. Emerson Eggerichs covers the Biblical commands for husbands to love their wives and for wives to respect their husbands, and goes into great detail about how each can learn to serve each other well. He covers how differently God has created both and the beauty of those differences as well as how they can cause misunderstanding. The workbook is wonderful as well in walking out the different sections and chapters of the main text with questions ...more
Don Weidinger
May 10, 2015 Don Weidinger rated it it was amazing
you can be right but wrong at the top of your voice, St Paul unconditional, the crazy cycle, stepping on air hose, gauge behavior by that desired for son daughter, mutual understanding in need for love and respect, love is choice commitment, rebound and go after again, hear the cry and respond with unconditional love, cleave the first year, affectionate every day, no bitter harsh, need someone to listen, getting historic, fools rush in where angels fear to tread, worth and respect in job, people ...more
Tristan
Sep 24, 2011 Tristan rated it it was ok
We are reading this book together as a young marrieds group of 7-8 couples. We tried using the workbook together but eventually stopped. Honest sharing and confession is the better route - and choosing to discuss one main thought per chapter. This workbook is not necessary and again, it comes across as self-promoting. The book is good material for counseling though. Take it one chapter at a time and spread it over a year - that way you don't get tired of hearing the same message again and again.
Regina
Apr 26, 2015 Regina rated it it was amazing
Wow. And Ouch. This book is completely politically INcorrect, but IS unapologetically biblical. We've been so programed by society to obsess over our RIGHT to be happy, what we DESERVE. I myself, have expressed disgust at our entitled generation, never dreaming that I had also fallen victim of this mentality as well. I felt myself being convicted over and over again. This book will change your marriage.
Kailee
Some practical advice, but it was very, very, VERY sexist. It was annoying because I felt like a lot of traits he used to describe each sex was the opposite for my marriage.

We did the video series with the workbook and those were torture to watch for the most part.
Lindon Gareis
Oct 15, 2012 Lindon Gareis rated it it was ok
My wife and I have been really enjoying the book, but have found the workbook wordy and it feals as though we are reading the book a second time was we work through this guide. "Not a workbook for the easily swayed or faint of heart reader...
Shawnee
Mar 05, 2013 Shawnee rated it it was amazing
Excellent book with a life changing message.
Ray
May 08, 2016 Ray rated it really liked it
It is a good companion to the book. It got us talking, and I think that was the point. Some of it might seem silly or to simple but it is worth doing with your spouse or spouse to be.
Phil Sessa
Aug 07, 2013 Phil Sessa rated it really liked it
Recommended by a friend. Hits the nail on the head.
Darrel Hofland
I can't say...
I didn't finish.
it's been by my bedside for the longest time.
I'm not a non-fiction reader, I guess...
Sarah Etelamaki Kennerly
I haven't finished reading... but the author seems to put the burden primarily on the wives' shoulders. Really, a man SHOULD keep up his end to earn his partner's respect.
Kim Shepard
May 30, 2013 Kim Shepard rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book filled with great advice on how to try and have a happy marriage. With some humor also. Loved this book.
Doug
Feb 01, 2011 Doug rated it liked it

Good principles in this book, but I didn't agree with everything.
Tara
Jun 07, 2011 Tara rated it it was amazing
everyone in a relationship, married or not MUST READ.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Courtney Larkins
Courtney Larkins rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Khian Dee
Khian Dee rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2011
Jennifer Duong
Jennifer Duong rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2015
Rashidat
Rashidat rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2015
Vengie Braga
Vengie Braga rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Triston Hyatt
Triston Hyatt rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew
  • Life's Healing Choices: Freedom from Your Hurts, Hang-ups, and Habits
  • Adoption: What Joseph of Nazareth Can Teach Us about This Countercultural Choice
  • Grace Walk: What You've Always Wanted in the Christian Life
  • Your Own Jesus: A God Insistent on Making It Personal
  • Devotions for a Sacred Marriage: A Year of Weekly Devotions for Couples
  • God Wants You Happy: From Self-Help to God's Help
  • Limitless Life: You Are More Than Your Past When God Holds Your Future
  • Living Crazy Love: An Interactive Workbook for Individual or Small-Group Study
  • The Five Silent Years of Corrie ten Boom
  • A Third Testament: A Modern Pilgrim Explores the Spiritual Wanderings of Augustine, Blake, Pascal, Tolstoy, Bonhoeffer, Kierkegaard, and Dostoevsky
  • Christianity: A Very Short Introduction