Start by marking “Demons Prefer Blondes (Demons Unleashed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demons Prefer Blondes (Demons Unleashed, #1)

Demons Prefer Blondes

(Demons Unleashed #1)

A Bad Day For a Demon...

Rafe Deleon is a senior demon and he resents like hell his assignment to Earth to retreive the Chest of the Damned before it ends up in the wrong hands. But then he meets beautiful, intriguing succubus, Lucy Gregory, and she’s just unleashed a whole load of trouble...

Really Sucks for a Succubus...

Lucy’s chic suburban salon has suddenly become the Underworld

/>

Published June 7th 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Demons Prefer Blondes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demons Prefer Blondes

Jennifer Estep
Apr 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Demons Prefer Blondes by Sidney Ayers is the first book in her Demons Unleashed paranormal romance series.

Lucy Gregory is finally living her dream of running her own beauty salon when her friend buys a mysterious antique box. For some reason, Lucy feels drawn to the box, and she manages to open it. What Lucy doesn't realize is that the box is really the Chest of the Damned, that she's a succubus, and that she's just unleashed a whole lot of trouble on her Michigan town. Luckily for h
Darynda Jones
Nov 10, 2010 marked it as to-read
I'm really excited about this book!
Samara
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: terrible
Ugh, where do I start?
I loved the cover, I loved the tag-line, I loved this incredible idea that....fell flat on its face.
Lucy is a rather successful hair stylist, who is dull, dimwitted and cliche to the ninth degree. She is an over confident idiot with very little personality that uses all the lame lines and insults in the book...no real pun intended. I feel like she is a knockoff of a geeky mean-girl still trying to make her way through junior year. Her friend, who is a supporting
Julie
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
What a fun book!

A box full of demons is sent to earth and lands in the hands of Lucy’s best friend Serah. Lucy feels its pull and manages to open it. A sexy guy shows up at her hair salon, and that along with the box, leads to her finding out she’s part demon. A succubus no less! Then much fun ensues. And I mean much. Lucy doesn’t know how to dull down her seductive powers at first which makes for one of the funniest scenes! But once she gets that under control, a whole lot happens.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
What evil lurks in the hearts of hairdressers around the world? Lucia Gregory knows… but only because she’s just opened a chest full of demons and discovered that she’s a succubus. Now she’s pressed to rein in all that she’s loosed upon the world, not to mention keeping her salon in one piece while doing it.

Lucia Gregory is the kind of heroine you like from the moment you meet her. She’s passionate about what she does, she’s good to her employees, and she seemingly has the patience of a saint.
Nicole Thorne
Mar 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First off I received a sign copy of Demon Prefer Blondes which is cool.

I highly recommend this book. At first I was a little worried because most romance books are a little cheesy, but not this book.

It is original with the characters which is nice. Right now vampire romance novels are being beaten to death it is nice that this book went a different way. I must say yummy. Everyone loves a bad boy and most women have a little demon in them. I love that she made the main cha
Darcy
May 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
I only made it about 30 pages in before giving this one up. The setting in the beauty shop drove me nuts, along with the two stereo-typical gay men that were Lucy's co-workers. Her friend Serah wasn't much better. When the hero entered I had hoped things would get better for me, but things just continued in the same farce. This one just wasn't for me.
Sheryl C. Nash
The humour in this book is off the charts and Rafe is one sexy, hot demon. I appreciated the sexual tension in this book, because lets face it, when a couple fall into bed within 10 pages of the book, what else do you have to look forward too?! LOL. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Hbeebti
Jan 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Lucy and Rafe are such a fun couple. So yeah Lucy owns a salon but the whole story isn't about that, thank goodness. Lucy is a demon. A special kinda demon. This story was am easy read. There were many times where I was laughing at some of the things that Lucy said or thought. While Lucy is sarcastic and just plain funny, Rafe was so serious. He tried a time or two to make a joke and he fails. Poor guy.

So the whole story is about Lucy and her friend Serah opening this chest . Yeah they don't kn
Blodeuedd Finland
When the book starts we do not know that Lucy is a succubus. Nope she owns a beauty salon. She is single, she has good friends and one of them has just brought a strange box to her. Let the fun begin. This is where the demons step in and they are not your usual kind of demons. There are the wicked evil ones and then there are those blessed by angels and they actually fight for good. That was different.

Lucy was fun and she could hold her own, quite the tongue on her. Her two employees
Cheryl
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
When the Infernati attack, Rafe’s sister sending a special chest to Earth. Now it is up to Rafe to retrieve the chest before the Infernati find it and use it to control Earth. Rafe does not like Earth. Hopefully, he can find the chest and get back as soon as possible. One thing that Rafe did not count on was meeting Lucy.

Lucy’s friend, Serah brings a chest for Lucy to interpret. It is locked but there is writing on the chest. It is written in Latin. The writing mentions that only by the blood o
Aarann
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I'm about seven chapters into this book as I'm writing this and I just am not sure at this point if I'm going to finish it. I love the plot idea. I COULD easily love Rafe and Lucy - I really, really want to - but I am not a fan of Ms. Ayers's writing style. At this point pretty much every character seems one-dimensional. Don't get me wrong - there is some serious potential here for a fun story, but it's like the author is spending too much time trying to be "funny" using bad cliches and cardboar ...more
Sonya
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
So disappointed. I wanted to like this book. I loved the cover. That's about it.

I love snarky humor, but this was more 7th grade humor than snarky. The heroine was an idiot, and apparently every other character in the book thought so too, because nobody was jumping in to tell her what was going on. The Hero whined too much. I like my heros to be a little more alpha, and this one was just..... I don't know. He had zero self esteem, and seemed to stand behind the women a lot.

I really
Tasha
Apr 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, paranormal, arc-own
Rafe is sent to earth to recover a chest containing demons that is in the possession of Lucia and her BFF Serah. Lucia opens the chest and unleashes not only demons but unleashes her own demon powers. Unbeknownst to Lucy she is part succubus.

The characters seemed to be lite with not much depth. A vast majority of the book was meant to be humorous but fell a bit short in parts. Although Lucy and Rafe constantly expressed how attracted they were to one another, it wasn't all that devel
Anita
I'm not even sure why I picked this up. The writing style is too juvenile for my taste.
Tracy
Jun 21, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Demons Might - I Didn't
Hairstylist and beauty shop owner Lucia Gregory should have known better when her best friend Serah showed up toting the antique chest she'd gotten for a steal. The fact that she bought it isn't what bothers Lucy. That's what Serah does. She buys things. Lots of things. In this case, however, it's a creepy chest that gives her a zap when she touches it, and the Latin scrawled across the top is not exactly chock full of warm fuzzies.

More like dire warnings about gr
Wenj
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, read-2011
Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Demons Prefer Blondes, the first novel in the Demons Unleashed series by Sidney Ayers, is everything you’d expect about a novel centered around a beauty salon. Its fun, witty and a very girly read filled with fashion and demons. What more could a girl want, right? Well, how about an ancient chest filled with demons which brings out a sexy Paladin to find it before it gets opened located smack dab in the middle of Lucy Gregory’s shop. A great romantic read that is light and fun an/>Demons
Kel
Jan 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, 2012
I really wanted to like this book. I'm all for my fellow Michigan writers and PNR, plus a free book is always a bonus. But sadly I ended up with a list of dislikes that was much longer than the likes for this story. The plot had great potential, some of the characters were really fun, and I really hoped that things would turn around but sadly they did not. In fact by the time I was about 60% done with the book I considered not finishing it because I was so annoyed. It really takes a lot to get m ...more
_yay_
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf, demon, 2-stars
Lucy Gregory is the owner of a beauty salon. Her best friend buys a chest in an antique store and Lucy is the one to open it. By doing so she accidentally unleashes demonic activity. Paladin demon Rafe Deleon - one of the good guys - comes to the rescue, wanting to put a lid on this mess. He also reveals to Lucy what she really is: a half-succubus.

The cover had me hot and bothered in anticipation. It really s***ed that the book was kind of a let-down. I downloaded the free Kindle sample and fou
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.BookChickCity.com (4 out of 10 on the blog)

I wasn't really a fan of 'Demons Prefer Blondes' there were times when the storyline engaged me, but for the most part it dragged. This was one of the books I felt like I chugged through rather than read it. Picking it up because I'd promised to review it, not because I wanted to snuggle down on the sofa and find out what happens next.

It tells the story of beautician Lucia Gregory, who unwittingly opens a demonic box and unleashes demons on ear
Samantha
May 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, arc
Rafe Deleon is summoned by the high council. Chaos has broken out in the demon world and they need Rafe’s help. His sister has sacrificed herself for the lives of the other demons and he wants to go save her but the council has other plans. The Chest of the Damned has gone missing and it has ended up on Earth. Rafe must retrieve it before the other demons find it and bring hell upon Earth.

Lucy Gregory owns a hip beauty salon and enjoys spending time with her eccentric friends. Her fr
Danielle
Mar 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Lucy Gregory happens to own a beauty salon and actually enjoys it. She also enjoys spending time with her fun friends. One of her friends brings her an antique chest that she wants Lucy to translate the script that is carved on the box. They come to find out that the box is damned. Lucy has to know for sure and opens the box. Now she has released chaos into the world. Can she set it right?

The high council summons Rafe Deleon to get the box. Not only has chaos broken out in the human
Samantha
Jul 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Demons Prefer Blondes begins with Lucy Gregory opening an old chest and unleashing a box full of demons. Afterwards, she discovers that parts of her life have been hidden from her as she is half human and half succubus. Now it is up to Lucy and her friends to save the world while in the midst of all that she discovers love as well.

The premise of this book sounded unique and interesting which instantly made me want to read it. And while the storyline was interesting and fun, it ended
Bookaholics
May 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Demons Prefer Blondes by Sidney Ayers
Paranormal Romance – June 1st, 2011
3 stars

Rafael Deleon is a demon on a mission. His sister is part of an elite guard that were transporting a magical chest when they were ambushed by the evil Belial and his sister was kidnapped. Now Rafael is determined to save his sister and get back the stolen chest that is their salvation. But he discovers that the chest has been magically hidden on the planet earth - in the most unlikely clutches
Julia
May 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Lucia Gregory, a hairdresser running a salon in a small town, lives a pretty simple life. That is until her quirky best friend’s obsession with antiques turns her world upside down. Lucia's affinity for Latin draws her to an ancient dusty trunk and she just can’t help her curiosity when the inscriptions warn her of demons and special powers. She never expects to unleash an immeasurable amount of trouble for herself and the entire world.

Rafe Deleon has been assigned the mission to com
Sabrina
May 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Cheeky Summary: This book was a slow start for me. In fact, I almost didn't stay with this story. There were too many WTF moments in which I felt the author was trying to hard to be cool and instead came off totally ridiculous. But I kept with the book mainly because of the side characters who kept my interest much more than the hero and heroine did. The world-building was much more interesting than the love story itself was and I think it’s because I had a hard time getting past those cheesy li ...more
drey
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Demons Prefer Blondes is a paranormal romance that is quirky and funny. The heroine is a newly-aware succubus who happens to be succubi royalty. The hero is a tortured demon who cannot believe he’s being sent to Earth to retrieve an antique chest. And once Lucy and Rafe meet, all Hell breaks loose. Literally. So what else is there to do but fight?

On the bad side: A big bad demon who’s intent on getting his hands on an antique chest that Lucy’s bff bought from an antique store. He wou
Christi Snow
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...

My Review:
You have to love a book with a sense of humor and this book definitely has that. Lucy owns her own beauty parlor and thinks that she's just a normal girl...albeit one who hasn't gotten laid in over 5 years. So you can imagine her surprise when a sexy demon shows up telling her that she's a succubus demon (sex demon.)

There is a wild cast of characters in this book from flaming hairdressers to chimpanz
MARQUETTA
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Lucy owns a beauty salon. Unbeknownst to her, she is half demon - a succubus. Lucy's best friend, Serah, buys a mysterious chest from an antique shop. Serah is excited about the chest and wants Lucy to help her open it. Lucy feels a strange spark whenever she touches the chest and when her hand touches the top of the chest, she unleashes beings that she never knew or believed existed.

Demons Prefer Blondes got off to a slow start for me. There wasn't much action until the end which ca
Colleen
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finished this up last night. I enjoyed the story and will look for more. I liked the humor as well. Rafe's reason for self-doubt was not thoroughly explained to me or maybe I just didn't get his reasoning for his self-doubt to the degree he had it; both professionally and personally. Otherwise, very good story and worth the read!
« previous 1 3 next »
BTS Book Club: Demons Prefer Blondes 1 4 Aug 01, 2012 08:07PM

• Darkness Descending (Vampire Armageddon, #1)
  • Devil Without a Cause (The Devil's Bargain, #1)
  • Taste Me (Underbelly Chronicles #1)
  • Lovestruck Succubus
  • Chosen by Blood (Para-Ops, #1)
  • What a Goddess Wants (Forgotten Goddesses, #1)
  • A Demon Does It Better (Hex, #6)
  • Heart of the Incubus (Demons of Infernum, #3.5)
  • Where Demons Fear to Tread (The Company of Angels, #1)
  • Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #1)
  • Forgotten Sea (Children of the Sea, #5)
  • Infinite Betrayal (Blood Feud #1)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Something Wicked (Living in Eden, #2)
  • Kiss at Your Own Risk (Soulfire #1)
  • Blood of Eden (Sloane Skye, #1)
  • Body of Sin (The Sins Series, #4)
  • Frostbound (The Dark Forgotten, #4)
Sidney Ayers loves infusing her stories with humor. What would the world be without a little bit of laughter? She writes a plethora of genres, ranging from historical, to paranormal, to contemporary.

A native of Michigan, Sidney still lives in the same town she grew up in. No matter how hard she tries, she just can’t seem to get away. Michigan is in her blood. Scary thought, huh?

Demons Unleashed (3 books)
  • Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)
  • A Demon to Die for (Demons Unleashed, #3)
“I'd rather marry lump of steaming horseshit than you." Lucy jutted her chin out."Smells better too.” 1 likes
“If chicken is sex then this is the best orgasm ever.” 1 likes