Start by marking “Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)

Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  2,011 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
My name's Alex. I used to think I was normal. I have a job, an apartment, good friends. I have a sister I adore, and the most beautiful woman in the world happens to be my best friend.

I see ghosts. So what, right? It's on television all the time. All kinds of people see ghosts.

But seeing ghosts turns into seeing demons. Seeing demons turns into walking through walls. It
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 276 pages
Published September 17th 2010 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Demonspawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demonspawn

Elspeth
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved it just as much the second time reading as the first!
Celia
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: celia-can-read
Storyline: Glenn-tastic? Glen-tactular? Splen-Glenn-did? Ok, I tried to come up with a play on Glenn Bullion’s name, but I just couldn’t. But, that doesn’t mean that Demonspawn was any less amazing!

Alex Teague is a sweet guy, a little on the shy side and definitely lacking in self-confidence. What Alex doesn’t know is that he has a lot more to offer the world than just his inability to dance. Alex is going through some changes and isn’t quite sure how to handle them. Luckily, he has his best fri
Milen Semkov
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
If this book had an honest title, it would be Friend Zone. The entire book is centered on the protagonist's quest to get out of the friend zone and the outcome is transparent and predictable. There is a superficial side plot where some stuff happens, but it's mostly an excuse for the protagonist's stumbling progression through various stages of the friend zone. Also, the bad guys were such a caricature, especially in the final confrontation, that I felt offended. And the ending was a shameless d ...more
MLE
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable read. The plot was engaging, and the characters were complex and well drawn (even the side characters). I love the different take on paranormal elements, and love how well grounded the mundane events were. Well written, and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Lindsay Simms
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.75 stars.

Here's the thing: It wasn't necessarily a bad story. It was actually pretty interesting, and the pacing moved along nicely. My issue, like others', is that it feels like a first draft. I'd be surprised if a professional editor actually looked this over before it was published. Dear authors and publishers of the world: Just because a book is only being released in e-book form, does not mean that you can skimp on, to name a few things: grammar, typos, spelling, sentence structure, consi
Ami
This book came to me by way of recommendations. I actually purchased it last year but hadn't gotten the will to read it. Until this month, when my personal reading challenge theme for May was "Urban Fantasy With Male Protagonist". Thought the story fit...

It was a fun read -- Alex, the narrator was one of those nice boy. Even if we got he glimpse of how far he would WILLING to do, especially if bad people became truly dangerous for the people he loved, I couldn't help to think that Alex was still
Jaidis Shaw
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ghosts, demons, and vampires all intertwined with sexual tension...what more can you ask for in a book? Demonspawn by Glenn Bullion has all of those things and so much more. Once I started reading, I literally could not stop until I had finished it. With just the right amounts of action, suspense, and intrigue, the reader is taken on a wild ride with Alex who is seemingly an ordinary guy just trying to find his place in the world. Until he discovers that he can see and talk to ghosts and that de ...more
John
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Gave it a shot and liked it. The only annoying thing was the way to long wait for the main to get with the girl. I liked the cosmology(3 realms that we know of at least) he has come up with and the way the different powers work. There is still room for a lot of stories in the world and I will be checking them out...
Wenj
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, read-2011
4.5 STARS

Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Demonspawn by Glenn Bullion is a wonderful mix of horror, urban fantasy with just a twist of sexual tension to strum you along late in to the night. Thrilling, suspenseful, action packed and above all else utterly engaging, this novel kept me up far past my bedtime eager to know more about these wonderful characters and the intricate and mysterious world they live in.

First off, let me just say the scope of this novel was amazing. We literally foll
1000 +
Jun 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
My Blurb:

Alex is a normal guy working at a loading dock, a great big brother and an awesome best friend to Cindy, the girl he's known since kindergarten and also has the worlds biggest crush on. Who knew that normal could become some weird?

Alex stumbles into a world he didn't know existed and quickly becomes mixed up in Vampire politics, the leader of the Demon world and savior of all man kind.

He's had a busy couple of weeks. Being a Demon ain't easy.

Lets Talk About It:

This was a great book.
Gareth Otton
I wasn't expecting much from this one as the premise seemed a little too familiar to the other demon books I have read before, but in the end it really blew me away. That's not to say that this book is fantastically original, but it is certainly a great deal of fun.

This is the story of Alex Teague, his best friend Cindy and his sister Alicia. They've been friends with each other since they were little more than toddlers. They've survived school together along with all the challenges that has th
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by Demonspawn. It's about a guy named Alex who, after many years, realizes that he is part demon. Not only does he have to deal with all these changes that keep happening to him, he also tries to deal with his feelings for his best friend Cindy. The story starts out with Alex and Cindy meeting in elementary school, and takes them throughout high school to adulthood. I liked seeing these two grow up together, and the many instances that resulted in sexual tension. I als ...more
A.E.
Mar 07, 2011 added it
As the plot summary suggests, the novel is essentially about a guy named Alex who finds out that he has demonic powers and that he’s actually part demon himself (when you find out how, it’s more interesting that it initially sounds). Alex’s BFF is a Black girl named Cindy who he’s known since kindergarten when he stood up to a bully for her and got a lighter to the arm for his trouble. But instead of his flesh burning, nothing happened to him. This sets up what’s to come, and as Alex enters high ...more
Jerry Hanel
Mar 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting paranormal ride. Alex is forced to come to grips with the fact that he's not quite human. The characters in the book are very vivid and real, and the storyline is nearly perfect, taking you from mundane teen life through so much more (I don't want to spoil it for anyone). Some people have mentioned that there are typos in the book. I only noticed three, and I've seen more than that from "best-seller" books. There may have been more, but I was too engrossed by the story to noti ...more
Penelope Frost
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I mean wow. This is one really great story.
The characters are amazing, the setting is amazing, the plot and the story - everything about this one is just amazing. I can't believe nobody's read it yet but then I'm the first to read and comment on it.
At first I thought that Alex's powers would develop rapidly and he would have trouble with them but that's not how it happened. I liked how he got them and how he handles his problems.
I adored Cindy - she's so great in how she handles her life an
Marianne
While this sounded good, in theory, I'm afraid the execution felt flat. Alex had such an interesting background, but his story felt fragmented, anechdotal. There were too many time jumps to fully connect with Alex, his friends and his gradual understanding of who he was.

I would have liked it a whole lot better if the author had explored his demon heritage in a little more detail. Not to mention, "played" with them a little more often;-)

Still, the demonic puppy thingie was cute... in a disturbing
Kathy
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a cheap e-book to buy, but it's one I've really enjoyed and am sorry that it isn't available in a print edition. Alex Teague grows up thinking he is ordinary. He has a few strange episodes that don't really lead him to believe that he's truly strange. That doesn't happen till his early 20s when he finds he has a unique heritage that will lead him to find a world around him that he never suspected. I'd love to read sequel to this novel if it comes out.

Mandapanda
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
2.75 stars. Most of this book is about a dull guy who is secretly in love with his best friend. She is secretly in love with him too and it's screamingly obvious but of course neither of them can see it. Oh and there's a few pages of UF plot too. I struggled to keep reading this due to boredom. Fanfic quality.
Elisa Paige
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
My brother loaned this book to me via Kindle... along with about a bajillion other books I didn't have time to read over Christmas. Ah well, sleep is overrated.

Things I loved: the voice, the brother/sister bond, the value of friendship, great humor balancing surprisingly pleasant self-deprecation, and the MC's discovering his heritage/powers.

A definite "recommend."
Deborah
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Demonspawn is a great summer beach read , adventure, romance, vampires and demons . All that was missing was my beloved zombies-nice added touch , that the author is from my hometown of Baltimore. Look forward to future books from Glenn Bullion
JK
Oct 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
I can't believe I finished this.

Let's just do a list....

° Poor, poor writing and formating.
° Omnipotent main character.
° Plot is allllllll over the place.
° Unrealistic characters and character interactions.
° Zero development of, well, anything.
° And so on....

Damgaard78
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Well written, entertaining good urban fantasy. Some good new twists to the genre, lots of the regular good stuff and easy to read (not full of grammatical errors as else often is seen).
J Dale Breedlove
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Great story. This is the 2nd book I've read by this author and so far my favorite. Hope to see a sequel. I can see this cast of characters having more adventures.
Shaun Noble
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
An excellent alternative to the John Conroe "The Demon Accords" series!
Katherine
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I bought this on a lark when I realized I had already bought a book from this author and felt I needed to read earlier in the series. I am really glad I did. I enjoyed the book immensely. I will say the obvious love between the main character and his best friend was a little annoying in that the whole world knew how they felt (except them, maybe). But that truly wasn't the focus of the book and was more of a side plot. I liked how the author continued to flesh out the main character an ...more
Mark D
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well...that was unexpectedly good. I love a first person Urban Fantasy story, and Alex was an good character to be stuck inside of learning as he does.

I liked how it started from when he was a kid as well, the flash forwards (I'm stuck using this word since Lost...damnit) err time skips were well paced.

I'm going to continue on to the 2nd book, as it looks like each book is about a new character in this universe. Interested to see if there is a central plot that will eventually tie it all in toge
Beth
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Alex is a boy who doesn't really fit in.
Gradually he realises that he may not be entirely human, as he becomes aware of unusual abilities that he uses to deal with some ghostly goings on.
In his personal life, he deals with a hopeless crush (being annoyingly obtuse).
Ok story. 2.5 stars.
Ed
Feb 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I really was not sure I was going to like Demonspawn (especially withe the Toby McGuire cover) but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised -3.5 stars. So why not 4 stars? Well, while the story was interesting the thing with Alex and his best friend was distracting which knocked off half a star. I'll probably pick up the next installment and see how it plays out but not bad.
Doreen
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
the story would have been much better if it is not so long-winded. since all the niceties have been wrapped up (view spoiler) in the first book, I hope the second book will be more fast-paced.
John K. Cooke
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good read if a bit slow at time's.

I wish that the hero had got on with acceptingly all the advantage he now had and used them. I hope he decides that if someone needs killing he does it with out a problem.
Supernatural Fict...: My novel Demonspawn - looking for reviewers 5 17 Dec 06, 2010 06:12AM
  • Demon Driven (Demon Accords, #2)
  • Red Moon Demon  (Demon Lord, #1)
  • Zero Sum (Zero Sight, #2)
  • Scary Dead Things (The Tome of Bill, #2)
  • Fallen Angel of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #3)
  • At the Gates (Demon Squad, #3)
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Immortal (Immortal, #1)
  • Shift (The Protector, #2)
  • Good Intentions (Good Intentions, #1)
  • The (sort of) Dark Mage (Waldo Rabbit, #1)
  • Mistress of Souls (Keeley Thomson, #3)
  • Page of Swords (The Demon's Apprentice, #2)

Damned and Cursed (7 books)
  • A Witch to Live (Damned and Cursed, #2)
  • Jack Kursed (Damned and Cursed, #3)
  • Demon's Doorway (Damned and Cursed, #4)
  • Witch's Kurse (Damned and Cursed, #5)
  • Demons LLC (Damned and Cursed Book, #6)
  • Four Centuries (Damned and Cursed Book 7)

“What time is it?”
“One o'clock.”
I nearly spit out some soda. “In the
afternoon?”
“No. In the morning. Don't let that damn
sunlight fool you. It lies.”
4 likes
“What time is it?” “One o'clock.” I nearly spit out some soda. “In the afternoon?” “No. In the morning. Don't let that damn sunlight fool you. It lies.” 1 likes