Start by marking “Sins of the Flesh (Sins, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Flesh (Sins, #2)

Sins of the Flesh (Sins #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  559 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
I enjoyed Sins of Omission and while reading had to order this second book and wish Fern Michaels had written a third. From two young servicemen to grown men, Reuben and Daniel's friendship never wavers, even though complicated by family members. From powerful lives in Hollywood to France being invaded with characters rescuing people and children, survival seems to be the ...more
Published May 13th 1990 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Sins of the Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of the Flesh

Marcia  Haskell
"When Reuben Tarz and Daniel Bishop met, they were hardly more than boys, brought together by their connection to beautiful, worldly Marchioness Michelene Fonsard, known to all as Madame Mickey. Twenty years later, Reuben is a Hollywood mogul and Daniel has become a renowned Washington D.C. lawyer. Life has rewarded both with riches, success, and beautiful wives, if not always contentment.

Out of the blue, an urgent telephone call from Mickey summons Daniel to France to rescue Philippe, the son R
Cali
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes books that are more realistic than just 'happily ever after'.
Recommended to Cali by: My mom
I liked that this book (and the first one) covered a period of 20+ years so A LOT happens. I also like that none of the characters are perfect (a few did some horrible things) yet I still wanted them to get their happening ending. The only thing I was disappointed with was the ending (at least in part). Some things get resolved but other are left open. But life goes on and if the author tried to wrap up every storyline then the books would never end.
Stacey
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent book. It was pretty long but she had several different things going on at once. It is well worth the read, it's not like it ever gets boring along the way, in fact quite the opposite, you just can't wait to see what's going to happen. YOu go through it seems all your emothions along the way, you cry, you laugh, you get so mad you want to scream. It's just an overall good book, I would reccommend it to all.
Patricia Solla
What can I say. This book follows Sins of Omission but the storyline is so 'out there' that I lost all respect for the characters and what goes on. The only saving feature is the storyline and descriptions of France and the Resistance fighters in WWII. Once again this book is very wordy. I persevered and finished but that's all I can say.
Stacy
Aug 09, 2011 rated it liked it
The book was a good continuation of the first. The only thing I did not like was, I was hoping to find out what happens with their son and his wife. I felt like I was left hanging. Fern Michaels made me laugh, cry and be mad. She brought the a part of war that you usually do not hear. Good book.
Cindy Hughes
Mar 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Nadra Nathai-Gyan
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Although this book stared off slow, it was a most interesting read. Unusual in its style, it made me nostalgic for books in my past. It is certainly unpredictable and full of plots. Recommended as a good read.
Delilah Trenaman
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was an entertaining book but did not like the ending, but I guess i will have to read the next one in the series.

Merged review:

A great story once again. I am looking forward to reading the final book in the series.
Chriscilla Quintana
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I laughed, I cried, I got frustruated, I got angry. All in all, I truly enjoyed this book and the first one Sins of Ommission. Wonderful story. I felt as if I were there. Well done, Fern.
Linda Kain
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WONDERFUL AS ARE ALL OF HER BOOKS
Licia
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved this one as well. Great sequel to the first book. I didn't know there was a sequel and was delighted to read more about the characters and find out how it all ended.
E Fialla
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, starts off slow, but worth reading.
Michele
Apr 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
I couldn't even finish it, it moved at a glacial pace.
Pam McCauley
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, one of Fern Michael's best. Didn't realize that this was book #2 of a series and might have enjoyed #1 but I feel that I'd be going backwards now....
marilyn
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Texas series was great,but I will always love her sin series,and hope one day she will do a sequel to the series.
Mary Jo
Oct 19, 2012 rated it liked it
What one would expect from a did functional family .
Jen
Oct 10, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first book in this series and am looking forward to delving into book #2. This was a great followup book.
Anne Corbin
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Must reads!
S Miller
Used - Very good
Deborah Camacho
May 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Discovered it was a sequel but didn't feel the need to go back and read the first book, this one practically included the first story
Nancy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Fern Michaels books. Will seek out others.
Mellanie C
Jun 12, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Krishna
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
I got sick of the unrequited (well-abandoned) love and horrible relationships in the first book, so stopped reading this one part way through as I could see it was going to be more of the same.
Judy
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed the mix of World War I and II, joined with Hollywood of the 40's. Thought the ending was blasé.

Missghana77
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book reminded me of the Danielle steels "Echoes"
Kathy Saunders
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Love when history is added to book
Diane
Mar 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, it was very hard to like the people in this series which affects my opinion of the book. Glad this one is done.
Cindy
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
While the language and characters are a little corny at times, the plot is terrific- a page-turner!
Dauna Hawkins
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprised I enjoyed it...hard to put down...interesting characters, plot line, 2 hot chapters ( not really needed ).
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin'
  • Jennifer Crusie Bundle
  • Chronicles of Old New York: Exploring Manhattan's Landmark Neighborhoods
  • No Longer A Stranger
  • Rainbow's End
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous: A Nutritionist's Guide to Living Well While Living It Up
  • Crash Course (Truman Kicklighter Mystery, #2)
  • Notorious
  • Savage Conquest (Gray Eagle, #9)
  • Bound by Desire (Brandon-Morgan #5)
  • Corruption of Blood (Butch Karp, #6)
  • Echoes in the Mist
  • The Enchanted Land
  • Waiting For Spring
  • The Sniper's Wife (Joe Gunther #13)
  • Sugar Busters! Cut Sugar to Trim Fat
  • Declaring Spinsterhood
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sins (2 books)
  • Sins of Omission (Sins, #1)