Start by marking “Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)” as Want to Read:
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  70,324 Ratings  ·  9,946 Reviews
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to c
Published August 14th 2014 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Isla and the Happily Ever After, please sign up.

Amelia Really? I couldn't invest myself in this one. I thought they were cute together, but they moved a little too fast. I felt as if the relationship…moreReally? I couldn't invest myself in this one. I thought they were cute together, but they moved a little too fast. I felt as if the relationship wasn't even developed before he was like "I love you." Which is odd for Stephanie Perkins, because I like how she doesn't do that. Overall, a little disappointed because I had high hopes for this book (since it's different from Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door in so many ways), but I was totally let down when they started moving too fast and Lola became an overprotective girlfriend. I mean, I'm not done yet, but I'm close enough to say that this wasn't my favorite book. No disrespect to you, it just didn't appeal to me.(less)
Jennifer Maloney The three girls from each of the books know each other and story 1 continues in books 2 and 3 as a side-story. Story 2 continues in book 3 as a…moreThe three girls from each of the books know each other and story 1 continues in books 2 and 3 as a side-story. Story 2 continues in book 3 as a side-story, as well. And story 3 actually begins as a side-story in book 1. So... yes, definitely read them in order or you won't understand the full emotion of everything and/or you'll get spoilers for the other stories by reading the endings before the beginnings.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,441 books — 15,824 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,533 books — 8,991 voters

More lists with this book...

Ariel
Apr 23, 2012 Ariel rated it it was ok
MY HEART IS BROKEN, BUT MY HEART IS TRUE.

Wowzapants: I have a lot to say. LET’S GET TO IT. (No spoilers.)

Let me start with the question everyone wants to know: is this your new favourite Stephanie Perkins? Unfortunately, not even close. My order is officially Anna, Lola, and then Isla.

Before I get into the meat of this all, please know that I didn't hate it. I really enjoyed most of it. I flew through the entire thing in one day. Stephanie Perkins knows how to write some truly adorable moments.
Emily May
Nov 02, 2012 Emily May rated it did not like it
“There’s no story,” I say. “I saw you one day, and I just knew."

^This pretty much sums up the most of this book.

First, let's be clear: I enjoyed Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. They were pure romantic silliness, I know, but I liked the characters, the cute flirtations and the mindless entertainment.

When this third book was released, I bought it immediately but some negative reviews from my friends put me off. I think I always expected to return to it eventual
Mara
Oct 25, 2012 Mara rated it liked it
Shelves: not-feeling-it
“'There's no story,' I say. 'I saw you one day, and I just knew.'”

Stephanie, I adore you, I really do. You bring me so much joy with your fluffy story-lines. But you always seem to be able to ground all the fluffiness with some maturity. This one lacked maturity. I did like it, but I just couldn't bring myself to love it.

My problem in one sentence: the setting was colourful, the characters weren't.

The setting was beautifully wistful. I mean it's hard for it not to be when it's set in a city
Kat O'Keeffe
Jan 01, 2013 Kat O'Keeffe rated it really liked it
THIS WAS SO ADORABLE AND FUNNY AND EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO READ! I didn't love it quite as much as Anna and Lola, and a few aspects were kind of frustrating, but despite that, I still really enjoyed it! I actually stayed up until 6am reading so I could finish it all in one sitting! I'll talk more about it in a video soon :)
Melannie :)
Dec 11, 2010 Melannie :) marked it as to-read

*tries to pull off an Etienne St. Clair*

I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!

Tatiana
Oct 09, 2011 Tatiana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
Aww, two rich, horny kids (one - a stalker, another - a self-centered "artiste") are not allowed to travel around Europe without permission and have sex anywhere they feel like. How tragic!

Perkins' romances are getting worse and worse. 1 star because she can do better than this.
Sophia.
[[ DISCLAIMER: This review is going to be long ; painfully negative ; and full of spoilers. Also, I love Stephanie Perkins. I follow her blog and I think she's a genuinely great person. However, I do tend to treat books like the commercial objects that they are. So I'm not making this personal against Perkins. I am aware that it was a fucking struggle for her to write this book, and I am sorry, but I paid for it, and I was sorely disappointed. ]]

Okay let's do this.

I am part of the original rea
Wendy Darling
4.5 stars Ridiculously adorable, and a lovely, note-perfect ending to this series.

Review to come.

-------------------------------------------------------

The ARC is sooo pretty!

[image error]

And for those interested, you can get these cute buttons + decals (and possibly a tote) by pre-ordering the book at one of these stores: http://penguinteen.tumblr.com/post/88...
Jun 26, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
I feel like I've waited a hundred years for this book. I was so excited to get my hands on it.

Now, I'm just so disappointed.

A while back, I saw some negative reviews for Anna and the French Kiss that said the book was basically a bunch of rich teenagers whining over how their world wasn't perfect enough. I didn't actually have that problem with Anna and the French Kiss. I adored Anna and the French Kiss. Everything that happened in that book (albeit I will admit that Anna seemed snobby sometim
Claudia
Oh, book, you were so beautiful. So so perfect. I'm in love with Josh and I'm still in love with St. Clair and still think that Cricket is the most adorable thing in the world.

Maybe the romance moved a little too fast but then I remembered that for the other two books we had to wait until the end for the couple to kiss I get together or etcetera and I was more than okay with it.

Josh was such a sweetheart. I knew I would love him. I just had this feeling with him. I'm swooning just remembering
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Oh my.
Oh my.

description

If there's one thing I never expected to happen while reading Perkin's marvelous works, it's for me to curl up in bed and clutch my pillow with all my life as I sniffled away.

But here I am doing that anyway.

It's not for the reasons you may seem to think though– it's honestly really just the fact that I'm never going to be reading about these characters I've come to adore SO MUCH ever again, and coming to terms with that has left my emotions spazzing all over the place.

But wow. Stepha
Ariana
I really can't wait for this book and I hope to love it just as much as I loved Anna! (which btw, is quite a whole damn lot!)

Taken from the author's blog - this will be my Josh from now on :D

So, I read this today...
"Finishing Lola was the hardest thing that I have ever done. It left me mentally, physically, and spiritually barren. I was close to quitting . . . everything. It's taken me a long time to recover, and I'm only feeling like myself again now, about six months later. As I've learned wi
Keertana
Sometimes, you can just feel when a novel is about to change your life. Isla changed mine.

Stephanie Perkins knows the deepest corners of my heart; the spaces where the darkest secrets and most tragic insecurities lie. In Anna, Lola, Isla--in them she painstakingly reveals, piece-by-piece, the fears I hesitate to lay before even those most beloved to me. But, in doing so, she reminds me that I am not alone in my swirling thoughts. To sit down and curl up with a Stephanie Perkins romance is to los
Whitney Atkinson
Jul 05, 2013 Whitney Atkinson rated it really liked it
4-4.5 ish stars

If I had to descibe this book in one sentence, it would be "typical." It's cute, and i'm sure if it's midsummertime and you're looking for something light and cutesie, this would completely fit the bill. I guess reading this back-to-back with Lola wasn't the best idea though because they were two both very predictable and light stories. I liked this significantly more than Lola, but I still gotta say that Anna takes the cake. I loved how you get to see all of the stories intertwin
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I like the cover. I just wish we got to see Isla and Josh on the cover just like we did with previous couples.

OMG! This book has softened my cold heart. I cried two times- when Lola and Cricket appeared and in the end because this book was beautiful. It wasn't as good as the first two but it was good in it's own special way.

I loved the way Stephanie incorporated her own personal issues into Josh's character. It took some courage to write a less bubbly version of herself. I got used to her easyg
Aj the Ravenous Reader

I do enjoy young adult romance- no secret but it’s a different matter when a book has nothing else but romance in it-that I’m not a huge fan of. I’m afraid and I regret to say that for me, Isla and the Happily Ever After falls under that category.

Despite the awful love triangle, I have to admit that I still liked Lola and the Boy Next Door and despite the soap opera vibe of the Anna and the French Kiss, I could honestly say that it’s still my favorite of the three. I’m not sure what happened w
Haleema
And who am I to become without him?

That's it. That is the problem of this book. The dependence. Glorifying and romanticizing the idea of depending on someone for your happiness or well being. Not being able to imagine a life without this person. Not even acknowledging a life before you even knew this person existed. This is the entire book.

Now there was a time when I loved Anna and the French Kiss and all its pretentious characters, the fluff, and the exaggeration of teenage love. There was a t
Kiki
So the thing that really bugs me about the Sex and the City movies is that they totally a blow a hole through the conclusion of the series, which tied up every single loose end in quite a feat of writing: you've all read and watched those series that end in a black screen and leave the audience furiously hanging (namely, The Sopranos and the Wolves of Mercy Falls series) and don't pretend you weren't royally cheesed. I was, when we had no idea what the fuck happened to Gale or Katniss's mom, or ...more
Jena
Jul 08, 2011 Jena marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishy-list
STEPHANIE PERKINS NEEDS TO WRITE STORIES FOR EVER. Because they are just PERFECT. <3
Ayesha
Nov 06, 2015 Ayesha rated it liked it

Welcome to whatever this.....thing is!

Chapter 1: (meet cute)

Hmmmmmm

---Aren't Isla and gang basically a bunch of teenagers with first world problems. Girls are whiny and annoying(because stereotype) having cute-boy-won't-notice me syndrome and boys are sweet and cute and lovely and artistic and lovely and charismatic and funny and hawt and kind and everything and say quotes worthy sentences example “I don’t care about anything. But I care about you.”

Hmmmmmmmmm

There is a chance we might get
grace
Jul 23, 2016 grace rated it really liked it
4.5! So cute!
Jiana
Mar 13, 2017 Jiana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“There's no story,' I say. 'I saw you one day, and I just knew.”

I started Isla and the Happily Ever After with pretty low expectations. After reading Anna and the French Kiss and absolutely loving it, I picked up Lola and the Boy Next Door and absolutely hated it. This one turned out to be in between. I quite enjoyed it, but it wasn't as cute and good as Anna and the French Kiss.

I would describe Isla and Josh's relationship as cute and annoying at the same time. Some parts I was grinning like
Shannon
Jan 01, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHH OH MY GOD. 5am and I have finally finished this beauty, I could not put it down. Freaking fantastic.
Jenna Major
Stephanie Perkins slays. As the last in the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy, I was very pleased to return to France in this book.

This instalment takes place between two characters, Isla and Josh who attend the same boarding school in Paris. They are both characters that have been previously mentioned in Anna and the French Kiss. It is their senior year and they wallow through the struggles of the love, the future, insecurities, friendships, balance and happiness.

I gave Isla and the Happily Ev
Fenia
I'm crying and i'm hiccuping. and i can't see through the tears. OH. MY .GOD. You know how Voldermort had 7 Horcruxes? Well that's how i feel about books. Kind of. Its like there are parts of me,of my soul out there, and the more books i read,the better are the chances to find my Horcruxes. This book,this trilogy was that for me. I found a Horcruxe,just like with Fangirl.

I can't explain my love for this book easily,or without getting myself totally ridiculed. Well my fellow Goodreaders,i had a
Liam
Oct 22, 2014 Liam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
During the first half of the book I was slightly disappointed because everything was just too cliche and they fell in love so fast, I expected more from Stephanie Perkins... But then, she did it like she always does! THIS WOMAN IS A QUEEN!!! She manages to have control over my emotions with her perfect characters and writing, this book was no exception!

Isla and Josh were beyond cute and I fell in love with them from the very start (even from Anna and the French kiss!!). As I said, their relation
Oct 01, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing

6 Stars!

This book is beautiful. Take your breath away beautiful!

No words can describe how special this book is to me. Reading Isla and the Happily Ever After felt natural and comfortable. Like sitting down with an old friend.

Stephanie Perkins, Isla, Josh, and this gorgeous lite-up-with-life city made me want to…..

Draw
Jump on a train and go anywhere and everywhere
Eat crème brulee every chance I get!
Move
Dream, RISK, want, and love.
Fall,
Fall,
Fall in love.

My heart has never felt more alive in and
Jamie-leigh Haughn
Mar 25, 2013 Jamie-leigh Haughn rated it it was amazing
HOW CUTE WAS THIS BOOK???!!!????

This was for sure my favourite of the three books, I loved everything about it, the setting, the characters, the love story, the integration of old characters with new, it was just wonderful! Of the three couples, Isla and Josh were by far my favourite, they were so relatable and their love story felt real and you really felt for them when they had their ups and downs. I really liked how we got to go back to Paris in this book and enjoy its magic one last time! I
Spencer
Mar 11, 2015 Spencer rated it it was amazing

___________________________________

If you've read the first two books and haven't read this one yet, READ IT! If you have read it, please, someone, anyone, fangirl/fanboy with me because I need to talk about something that happened in this book! If you've read it, you'll know what I'm talking abo
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 Kai rated it liked it
“Do adults realize how lucky they are? Or do they forget that these small moments are actually small miracles? I don’t want to ever forget.”

3.5/5 stars

Isla was not as good as Anna but way better than Lola. I enjoyed returning to Paris, but some of the magic in Anna was lost.
Out of all the guys I liked Josh the most. It was interesting to read about how the relationship between the protagonists unfolds - in comparison to them usually having the first kiss on those last 50 pages. I really liked th
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Adorkable
  • The Art of Lainey (The Art of Lainey, #1)
  • Golden
  • Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)
  • The Book of Broken Hearts
  • The Start of Me and You
  • A Midsummer's Nightmare
  • Being Sloane Jacobs
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • That One Summer (Summer, #3)
  • Winter White (Belles, #2)
  • The Disenchantments
Hi, there! I'm Steph, and I wrote Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, and Isla and the Happily Ever After. I also edited (and contributed a short story to) a romantic holiday anthology called My True Love Gave to Me and its companion anthology, Summer Days and Summer Nights. My next YA release is a horror novel called There's Someone Inside Your House, which will be released Fall ...more
More about Stephanie Perkins...

Anna and the French Kiss (3 books)
  • Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)

“I am hard on myself. But isn’t it better to be honest about these things before someone else can use them against you? Before someone else can break your heart? Isn’t it better to break it yourself?” 379 likes
“Phones are distracting. The internet is distracting.The way he looked at you? He wasn't distracted. He was consumed.” 326 likes