Start by marking “Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)” as Want to Read:
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)

Isla and the Happily Ever After

(Anna and the French Kiss #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  93,137 ratings  ·  11,215 reviews
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to c
Published August 14th 2014 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Isla and the Happily Ever After, please sign up.
Jennifer Maloney The three girls from each of the books know each other and story 1 continues in books 2 and 3 as a side-story. Story 2 continues in book 3 as a…moreThe three girls from each of the books know each other and story 1 continues in books 2 and 3 as a side-story. Story 2 continues in book 3 as a side-story, as well. And story 3 actually begins as a side-story in book 1. So... yes, definitely read them in order or you won't understand the full emotion of everything and/or you'll get spoilers for the other stories by reading the endings before the beginnings.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,422 books — 15,714 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,549 books — 9,149 voters

More lists with this book...

·  93,137 ratings  ·  11,215 reviews

Ariel
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
MY HEART IS BROKEN, BUT MY HEART IS TRUE.

Wowzapants: I have a lot to say. LET’S GET TO IT. (No spoilers.)

Let me start with the question everyone wants to know: is this your new favourite Stephanie Perkins? Unfortunately, not even close. My order is officially Anna, Lola, and then Isla.

Before I get into the meat of this all, please know that I didn't hate it. I really enjoyed most of it. I flew through the entire thing in one day. Stephanie Perkins knows how to write some truly adorable moments.
Emily May
Nov 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
“There’s no story,” I say. “I saw you one day, and I just knew."

^This pretty much sums up the most of this book.

First, let's be clear: I enjoyed Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. They were pure romantic silliness, I know, but I liked the characters, the cute flirtations and the mindless entertainment.

When this third book was released, I bought it immediately but some negative reviews from my friends put me off. I think I always expected to return to it eventual
Mara
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
“'There's no story,' I say. 'I saw you one day, and I just knew.'”

Stephanie, I adore you, I really do. You bring me so much joy with your fluffy story-lines. But you always seem to be able to ground all the fluffiness with some maturity. This one lacked maturity. I did like it, but I just couldn't bring myself to love it.

My problem in one sentence: the setting was colourful, the characters weren't.

The setting was beautifully wistful. I mean it's hard for it not to be when it's set in a city
Tatiana
Oct 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
Aww, two rich, horny kids (one - a stalker, the other - a self-centered "artiste") are not allowed to travel around Europe without supervision and have sex anywhere they feel like. How tragic!

Perkins' romances are getting worse and worse. 1 star because she can do better than this.
Melannie :)
Dec 11, 2010 marked it as to-read

*tries to pull off an Etienne St. Clair*

I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT!

Sophia.
[[ DISCLAIMER: This review is going to be long ; painfully negative ; and full of spoilers. Also, I love Stephanie Perkins. I follow her blog and I think she's a genuinely great person. However, I do tend to treat books like the commercial objects that they are. So I'm not making this personal against Perkins. I am aware that it was a fucking struggle for her to write this book, and I am sorry, but I paid for it, and I was sorely disappointed. ]]

Okay let's do this.

I am part of the original rea
Wendy Darling
4.5 stars Ridiculously adorable, and a lovely, note-perfect ending to this series.

Review to come.

-------------------------------------------------------

The ARC is sooo pretty!

[image error]

And for those interested, you can get these cute buttons + decals (and possibly a tote) by pre-ordering the book at one of these stores: http://penguinteen.tumblr.com/post/88...
emma
It is with great pride and deep sadness I present to you, the three stages of rereading Isla and the Happily Ever After.

Stage one: hope.

Stage two: anger.

Stage three: depression.

How do I even explain to you how excited I was to reread this?! I’ll try, I guess. Gotta ~set the scene~.

Anna and the French Kiss is THE guilty pleasure book for me. I’ve read it probably 3 times, and it still makes me feel all lovey-dovey whenever I pick it up. (That feeling rarely
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Oh my.
Oh my.

description

If there's one thing I never expected to happen while reading Perkin's marvelous works, it's for me to curl up in bed and clutch my pillow with all my life as I sniffled away.

But here I am doing that anyway.

It's not for the reasons you may seem to think though– it's honestly really just the fact that I'm never going to be reading about these characters I've come to adore SO MUCH ever again, and coming to terms with that has left my emotions spazzing all over the place.

But wow. Stepha
Laura Jay
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I feel like I've waited a hundred years for this book. I was so excited to get my hands on it.

Now, I'm just so disappointed.

A while back, I saw some negative reviews for Anna and the French Kiss that said the book was basically a bunch of rich teenagers whining over how their world wasn't perfect enough. I didn't actually have that problem with Anna and the French Kiss. I adored Anna and the French Kiss. Everything that happened in that book (albeit I will admit that Anna seemed snobby sometim
maram ☂︎
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
description

---

PROS:
✘ Isla's best friend, Kurt?
I can’t think of anything good but at the same time I don’t want to leave this blank

CONS:
CRINGEY instalove
✘ The characters were such crybabies
CRINGEY banter
✘ The plot? was ALL OVER the place
CRINGEY relationship moments. ALL OF THEM.
✘ I’m confused
CRINGEY writing style

STAND-OUT SCENES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
✘ "I've desired/loved him for 3 years but he never noticed"
✘ "l'm wrong, he felt the same!"
✘ "He's my bf now, YAY!"
✘ “I hate my bf’s ex!”
Claudia B.
Oh, book, you were so beautiful. So so perfect. I'm in love with Josh and I'm still in love with St. Clair and still think that Cricket is the most adorable thing in the world.

Maybe the romance moved a little too fast but then I remembered that for the other two books we had to wait until the end for the couple to kiss I get together or etcetera and I was more than okay with it.

Josh was such a sweetheart. I knew I would love him. I just had this feeling with him. I'm swooning just remembering
Haleema
May 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
And who am I to become without him?

That's it. That is the problem of this book. The dependence. Glorifying and romanticizing the idea of depending on someone for your happiness or well being. Not being able to imagine a life without this person. Not even acknowledging a life before you even knew this person existed. This is the entire book.

Now there was a time when I loved Anna and the French Kiss and all its pretentious characters, the fluff, and the exaggeration of teenage love. There was a t
Keertana
Sometimes, you can just feel when a novel is about to change your life. Isla changed mine.

Stephanie Perkins knows the deepest corners of my heart; the spaces where the darkest secrets and most tragic insecurities lie. In Anna, Lola, Isla--in them she painstakingly reveals, piece-by-piece, the fears I hesitate to lay before even those most beloved to me. But, in doing so, she reminds me that I am not alone in my swirling thoughts. To sit down and curl up with a Stephanie Perkins romance is to los
Ari
Dec 23, 2010 added it
Shelves: 2014, sneak-peek
I really can't wait for this book and I hope to love it just as much as I loved Anna! (which btw, is quite a whole damn lot!)

Taken from the author's blog - this will be my Josh from now on :D

So, I read this today...
"Finishing Lola was the hardest thing that I have ever done. It left me mentally, physically, and spiritually barren. I was close to quitting . . . everything. It's taken me a long time to recover, and I'm only feeling like myself again now, about six months later. As I've learned wi
Kiki
So the thing that really gets on my tits about the Sex and the City movies is that they totally a blow a hole through the conclusion of the TV series, which tied up every single loose end in quite a feat of writing: you've all read and watched those series that end in a black screen and leave the audience furiously hanging (prime example being The Sopranos) and don't pretend you weren't royally cheesed. I know I was.

There's also those series that you wish would end because they've gone too far,
Whitney Atkinson
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 ish stars

If I had to descibe this book in one sentence, it would be "typical." It's cute, and i'm sure if it's midsummertime and you're looking for something light and cutesie, this would completely fit the bill. I guess reading this back-to-back with Lola wasn't the best idea though because they were two both very predictable and light stories. I liked this significantly more than Lola, but I still gotta say that Anna takes the cake. I loved how you get to see all of the stories intertwin
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I like the cover. I just wish we got to see Isla and Josh on the cover just like we did with previous couples.

OMG! This book has softened my cold heart. I cried two times- when Lola and Cricket appeared and in the end because this book was beautiful. It wasn't as good as the first two but it was good in it's own special way.

I loved the way Stephanie incorporated her own personal issues into Josh's character. It took some courage to write a less bubbly version of herself. I got used to her easyg
Ninoska Goris
Español - English

Sin ninguna duda, este es mi libro favorito de la serie. Se ve mucho crecimiento en los personajes y adoro a Josh. Aunque me pareció forzado darle un final conjunto a las tres parejas de la serie en este libro.

Without a doubt, this is my favorite book of the series. You see a lot of growth in the characters and I love Josh. Although it felt forced to give a joint end to the three couples in the series in this book.
Aj the Ravenous Reader

I do enjoy young adult romance- no secret but it’s a different matter when a book has nothing else but romance in it-that I’m not a huge fan of. I’m afraid and I regret to say that for me, Isla and the Happily Ever After falls under that category.

Despite the awful love triangle, I have to admit that I still liked Lola and the Boy Next Door and despite the soap opera vibe of the Anna and the French Kiss, I could honestly say that it’s still my favorite of the three. I’m not sure what happened w
Nina
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017

When I first saw that this book would be about Josh and Isla, two characters that have first been introduced in AATFK, I must say that I wasn’t too excited about it. He just didn’t seem to be a very interesting character in the first book but I think I had that impression because you just didn’t le
Jenna Major
Stephanie Perkins slays. As the last in the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy, I was very pleased to return to France in this book.

This instalment takes place between two characters, Isla and Josh who attend the same boarding school in Paris. They are both characters that have been previously mentioned in Anna and the French Kiss. It is their senior year and they wallow through the struggles of the love, the future, insecurities, friendships, balance and happiness.

I gave Isla and the Happily Ev
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Reread 8/21/15: Omg. Joshua Wasserstein. You sly, sly dog. I love these books SO MUCH.

Original Review 8/18/14: This was everything I wanted it to be, and so much more. It blew Anna and Lola out of the water. Oh gosh. This book. This book means so much to me. I can't even phrase my feelings because I am just SO in love with everything about this. So much more resonant and less bubblegum-y than the first two books. It was perfect. I can't. I'm so sad the series is over, but I'm so glad it ended t
Ayesha
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it

Welcome to whatever this.....thing is!

Chapter 1: (meet cute)

Hmmmmmm

---Aren't Isla and gang basically a bunch of teenagers with first world problems. Girls are whiny and annoying(because stereotype) having cute-boy-won't-notice me syndrome and boys are sweet and cute and lovely and artistic and lovely and charismatic and funny and hawt and kind and everything and say quotes worthy sentences example “I don’t care about anything. But I care about you.”

Hmmmmmmmmm

There is a chance we might get
grace
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5! So cute!
Shannon
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHH OH MY GOD. 5am and I have finally finished this beauty, I could not put it down. Freaking fantastic.
Cait • A Page with a View
2.5 stars. Ok so the first two books were super cute and definitely some of my favorite YA contemporaries (even if I wasn't a fan of how Lola treated Cricket). I flew through those and would totally reread them.

This... was a bit of an effort to get through. I didn't particularly care about the characters OR their story. The only thing I really kept reading for was any mention of Anna, Etienne, Lola, Cricket, or the familiar SOAP setting.

But otherwise the main story is how Isla finally gets to d
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
“Do adults realize how lucky they are? Or do they forget that these small moments are actually small miracles? I don’t want to ever forget.”

3.5/5 stars

Isla was not as good as Anna but way better than Lola. I enjoyed returning to Paris, but some of the magic in Anna was lost.
Out of all the guys I liked Josh the most. It was interesting to read about how the relationship between the protagonists unfolds - in comparison to them usually having the first kiss on those last 50 pages. I really liked th
Jiana
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“There's no story,' I say. 'I saw you one day, and I just knew.”

I started Isla and the Happily Ever After with pretty low expectations. After reading Anna and the French Kiss and absolutely loving it, I picked up Lola and the Boy Next Door and absolutely hated it. This one turned out to be in between. I quite enjoyed it, but it wasn't as cute and good as Anna and the French Kiss.

I would describe Isla and Josh's relationship as cute and annoying at the same time. Some parts I was grinning like
Liam
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
During the first half of the book I was slightly disappointed because everything was just too cliche and they fell in love so fast, I expected more from Stephanie Perkins... But then, she did it like she always does! THIS WOMAN IS A QUEEN!!! She manages to have control over my emotions with her perfect characters and writing, this book was no exception!

Isla and Josh were beyond cute and I fell in love with them from the very start (even from Anna and the French kiss!!). As I said, their relation
Etienne, Cricket, or Josh ? 85 462 Feb 26, 2019 04:02PM
Kurt 9 159 Jan 17, 2019 10:48AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Isla and Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins, Restarting September 24th 2018 150 262 Sep 28, 2018 09:05AM
Addicted to YA: Isla Martin (Anna and the French Kiss) 1 13 Jun 04, 2017 11:58PM
The Challenge Fac...: Elena & Shantal - Isla and the Happily Ever After 21 10 Nov 10, 2016 04:35PM
Readalongs - Germany: Rendezvous in Paris-Stephanie Perkins 13 29 Oct 09, 2016 10:43AM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • A Mad, Wicked Folly
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
  • Golden
  • Adorkable
  • How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True
  • Racing Savannah
  • Other Worlds
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love, #2)
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • Past Perfect
  • Speak
  • That One Summer (Summer, #3)
  • Not in the Script (If Only . . . , #3)
  • #16thingsithoughtweretrue
Hi, there! I'm Steph, and I wrote Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, and Isla and the Happily Ever After. I also edited (and contributed a short story to) a romantic holiday anthology called My True Love Gave to Me and its companion anthology, Summer Days and Summer Nights. My next YA release is a horror novel called There's Someone Inside Your House, which will be released Fall ...more

Anna and the French Kiss (3 books)
  • Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)
“I am hard on myself. But isn’t it better to be honest about these things before someone else can use them against you? Before someone else can break your heart? Isn’t it better to break it yourself?” 406 likes
“Phones are distracting. The internet is distracting.The way he looked at you? He wasn't distracted. He was consumed.” 346 likes