Start by marking “Piper Reed, Campfire Girl (Piper Reed #4)” as Want to Read:
Piper Reed, Campfire Girl (Piper Reed #4)

Piper Reed, Campfire Girl (Piper Reed #4)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Piper and her family are going camping—nothing could be better. But when Piper finds out that the camping trip is on Halloween, nothing could be worse! Still, catching fish, roasting marshmallows, and sleeping in a trailer are right up Piper's alley, even if getting poison ivy is not. Get ready for another terrific adventure starring the ever-spunky, ever-loving Piper Reed ...more
Published March 29th 2011 by Square Fish (first published September 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Piper Reed, Campfire Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piper Reed, Campfire Girl

Katie Fitzgerald
I have read several of the Piper Reed books, but have never gotten around to reviewing one. I'm not sure why, though, because I really enjoy them.

Piper is nine years old, and because her father is in the Navy, she lives on a Navy base, with her parents, older sister Tori, and younger sister Sam. To help herself fit in with her new classmates on the base, she has created a club called the Gypsy Club, whose main focus is, simply, friendship. In this volume, which is the fourth in the series, the m
Jan
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Piper is thrilled when she finds out that her family will go camping soon. But she and her sisters lose all their enthusiasm when they hear that the camping trip will be on Halloween. How can they go trick-or-treating? Piper's cheerful attitude and creativity make a fun time for everyone -- in spite of poison ivy and a runaway dog!

Another fun book in the Piper Reed series for girls 7-10 years old.
Angelika Luthra
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dolly
Jan 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fourth book in the Piper Reed series by Kimberly Willis Holt. We can relate to these stories about a military family, even if our experiences with the military aren't quite the same. We also love Piper's spunk and enthusiasm.

This story begins just prior to Halloween. Piper learns that her family (and several of her friends' families) are going camping and will miss out on trick-or-treating at the base. Still, the group finds ways to have fun and Piper creates some lasting memories.

O
Joenna
Oct 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Fifth-grader Piper and her sisters are thrilled about their first-ever camping trip until they learn it will be at Halloween, but other Navy families join them, including an annoying new member of the Gypsy Club.

Cute, but not my favorite in the series.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
piper reed goes on a camping trip with her family. she rather go trick-or-treating with her friends.
Lisa
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-has, 2015
Roasting Marshmallows, campfires and tents, fun except for maybe missing Halloween. Another cute Piper Reed story.
Alexandrea
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it its was a good book kids will love it like I did so if you love small chapter books( p.g #152) you will love it.
Joann
Apr 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Juv fiction series, which I wanted to like more than I actually did. It was OK--I kept trying to read as a child on this one...I think it would be embraced--realistic modern family dynamics.
Hillvan
Nov 20, 2016
Katie Jane
Apr 21, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kimberly Willis Holt is the author of the Piper Reed series, including Piper Reed, Navy Brat, Piper Reed, Clubhouse Queen, and Piper Reed, Rodeo Star. She has written many award-winning novels, including The Water Seeker and My Louisiana Sky, as well as the picture books Waiting for Gregory and Skinny Brown Dog. A former Navy brat herself, Holt was born in Pensacola, Florida, and lived all over th ...more
More about Kimberly Willis Holt...

Piper Reed (6 books)
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Piper Reed, The Great Gypsy (Piper Reed #2)
  • Piper Reed Gets a Job (Piper Reed #3)
  • Piper Reed, Rodeo Star (Piper Reed #5)
  • Piper Reed, Forever Friend