Start by marking “My King the President” as Want to Read:
My King the President

My King the President

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  260 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Investigative journalist, Jeb Willard, learns that his old college friend, a Secret Service agent, fatally shot the controversial President of the United States and then killed himself. Devastated, Jeb attends his friend's funeral where he is approached by a priest who gives Jeb a note from his Secret Service agent friend hinting of treason within the highest levels of the ...more
Published June 9th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about My King the President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My King the President

Kathy
A couple good things about this book...the storyline was very promising. The president of the US taking over the country in a military coup. Great idea(for a story)! The prologue was also exciting and grabbed my attention. But after that I was quickly let down. I found some of the situations to be completely unbelievable. The character developement could have been better. The character of the girl who was the love interest could have been edited out. She was completely unnecessary to the story. ...more
Debra Slonek
Entertaining, fast-moving storyline filled with political intrigue and government conspiracies. Alliances were broken and forged, while betrayals were revealed and outsmarted. I found it interesting the way some of the characters were developed, as many of the good guys definitely had shadows of darkness in them, while some of the bad guys had good, redeeming moments in their lives. The pacing of this book held my interest from beginning to end.
Stephanie
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, kindle
The political intrigue and murky loyalties really made this book seem a lot longer than it was. I finished it, but it was a near thing. I kept having the feeling that I had dropped in on a much longer book but only got to read the middle chapters.
I'd be willing to give this author another chance, but I'd be hoping for a lot more clarity.
Brenda
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good story. I am a fan of Lewis, but this wasn't one of my favorites. A few things were explained away by means that didn't exactly suspend disbelief, but it was still entertaining. It's action packed suspense just the same.
John
Jul 07, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting story. Political/Mystery/Thriller variety, but not quite as gripping or compelling as others. I didn't quite believe that the whole story could have happened... Still, it entertained, and was fun to read.
Laura MacMillan
The best part of this book was the prologue. The story didn't move fast enough to qualify as a thriller, and wasn't well developed enough for it to be called plot-driven, either. I had high hopes for this book but just found it to be so-so.
Cyndy
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page turner...
Vern
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The plot had great promise. But the development was predictable and uninspiring. The writing ordinary. I could not recommend this book.
Lynne
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a political thriller that I couldn't put down until I finished it. However, there was a little more "blood-and-guts" than I prefer.
Shannon
ok. Not great, but readable
Addie
Sep 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable political mystery.
Craig Eliades
The plot would make for a decent (albeit far fetched) movie but it wasn't a great book
Jun 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
This is one of my favorite genres and the book was good, but there were some portions that just didn't flow very well...I enjoyed it, but it wasn't one of the best reads.
Gregory
Jul 04, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Solid, but put-downable. Worked as an inexpensive Kindle download to take on a trip.
Charmin Sterbenz
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice easy summer read. In the vein of Tom Clancy stuff. But without the really long descriptions of submarines and planes.
Larry Cook
Feb 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Tom Lewis. Great author.
Pmcdnld2
Nice presidential assassination/government conspiracy mystery.
Jean Cogdell
Long and a bit boring at times. Not believable. Was disappointing.
Beth
Apr 16, 2017
  • Spirit Falls
  • Deed to Death
  • Sleight Malice
  • The Fallen (Derek Stillwater, #3)
  • Dude, That's Rude! (Get Some Manners)
  • The Gifts (A Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • Taking Stock
  • Hawk's Way: Carter & Falcon (Hawk's Way #5-6)
  • Lisa Jackson's Bentz & Montoya Bundle: Hot Blooded, Cold Blooded, Shiver, Absolute Fear, Lost Souls, Malice, & an Exclusive Extended Excerpt from Devious(New Orleans #1-6)
  • The Dead Season (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #6)
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • Heir To The Everlasting
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • How to Take the Grrrr Out of Anger
  • Kaua'i Me a River (Islands of Aloha Mystery Series)
  • The Ninth Step
  • Border Moonlight (Border Trilogy II, #3)
  • Legwork