Start by marking “Aprons on a Clothesline (The Lake Emily Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Aprons on a Clothesline (The Lake Emily Series #3)

Aprons on a Clothesline (Lake Emily #3)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  292 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Book Three in the Lake Emily series

In Lake Emily, life’s greatest battles
are won by the power of friendship

Virginia Morgan is used to helping others–it’s who she is. A wife. A mother. A grandmother. A friend. But when Virginia suffers a debilitating stroke, she can no longer wear that apron. It is a change that sends her into the depths of hopelessness. Can she fin
Published May 17th 2005 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Aprons on a Clothesline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aprons on a Clothesline

Pam Herrmann
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The third book in the series. Lots of changes happening in this book. Peter and Mae have a baby boy. Virginia has a stroke and decides to give up on life. Fred comes back with a wife. And they all have to learn to trust God that everything will work out for the best.
jimtown
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
The third in a series of feel good family stories centered in Wisconsin farm country, Aprons on a Clothesline started out a little slow. Just as my attention was waning, about a third of the way in the story picked up and grabbed hold. About 2/3's of the way through, I had the feeling I'd read this before, though I couldn't find a previous book review.

I think I did read this one about Virgina's stroke and slow, painful recovery. A lot of other things were happening in the small farming town of L
Becki
The third book in the Lake Emily Series.\nThe focus of this story seems to be more on Virginia although there was definitely a lot of information about the other characters as well. Virginia has a stroke at the beginning of the book (not a spoiler because the back of the book says she has one before you even read the first page). Because of this, she struggles with her faith and who she is and her continued place in the world. I could relate with her some and appreciate the character who came al ...more
Lee
May 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
WARNING: Spoiler

I felt the book started out well with the story of the lady who'd always been the one to take care of everyone and everything and her loss of faith when she's no longer able to be that person. There are back stories involving others in the small town dealing with changes, loss of faith, etc. However, when this woman finds comfort in visits to a friend's unresponsive (comatose?) mother in the nursing/rehab home, it feels like it's building to a ta-da moment with a reason for a per
Kelly
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book nearly as much as the first two. I had a hard time believing the character of Anna. I don't think anyone is that stupid to spend that much time with someone(Steve and Jessie) and not think they were anything other than friends. I found that to be the most ridiculous story line. I don't think the author believes you can find true love after a spouse dies, because we have three widowed characters that the author doesn't allow to find love. I was especially puzzled by Virgin ...more
Carmen
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: popular-fiction
The third in a series of small town life in northern Minnesota, this one also chronicles successes and defeats. Virginia, the grandma, has a health problem. She has a stroke and discovers how much her life has changed. She has to deal with changing her identity from the helper to the one who is being helped. Meanwhile Peter is still trying to continue the relationship with his distant father. Her stories sound like the ones I experienced from my grandma who lived in a small town. Definitely not ...more
Sharon
Mar 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The story of [Aprons On a Clothesline:] hits very close to home. Without giving the plot away the major event that happens to Virginia Morgan affects not only her, but her family and friends as well. This is a great, thought provoking story that made me realize what my mother was feeling as she went through the same event as Virginia.

This was my first Christian fiction novel and I plan to put this genre on my long list of TBRs.
Kathleen
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book better than the second. Product placement wasn't as overbearing and even though I thought the book was predictable, it wasn't! I was relieved about that. I feel that the stories of the Lake Emily characters are far from being told though...
Janet
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book about life in a midwestern town. What are people's true feelings about family? How badly can a stroke affect the schedule of a family? Would you welcome back a prodigal son with unreal expectations? Read this.
Heidi L.
May 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
Well, it wasn't really as intriguing a read as some other books I've read. Sorry. The sisterhood and friendship between the women and the lessons learned through trials was good but the writing style didn't draw me in as much.
Courtney Wallace
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
I gave first 2 books in the series 3 stars, but this one wasn't quite as good. I think some of the characters started getting on my nerves by the last book. I felt like there were unanswered questions about some situations.
Brenda
Jun 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
This series was good reading.
Lisa
Jun 15, 2008 marked it as to-read
Lake Emily series / book three
Brandy
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This was the 3rd and final book. The story was Virgina Morgan's stroke and recovery. This one seemed like it went back and forth a lot more between all the smaller characters.
Shirley
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was ok

This was the weakest of the three books. Several storylines seemed to go absolutely no where.
Melissa
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
I loved this little series, I'm only sad that there are only 3 books. I love how it is about having faith and that trials only make you stronger.
Melissa
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Leslie Jorgensen
There are a lot of good people with struggles in this book. I liked their characters.
Elaine Wilcox
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book...great author
Denise
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actually a 4.5*. A wonderful read, so sad that there are no more Lake Emily books! I love the characters & the realistic situations of a farming community.
Mary
Sep 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
A lot of stories that never get fully told.
Heather
Jan 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
I really couldn't get into this book. It's one of the only books I've given up on before reaching the end.
Kate
Dec 26, 2007 rated it liked it
I couldn't stop reading them--I kept wanting to know what was going to happen in the lives of these characters! I will continue to read this series if there are more written. Darn it!
Barb
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved the series on these books and am going to miss Lake Emily.
Susan Abbott
Mar 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
I like these books. They are not as pastoral as you might think when reading the flyleaf. I enjoy this author - and as you might imagine (Jenn) I plan to read all of her work!
Karen
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Love all of her books. She doesn't write fast enough.
Connie
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It was a story about a Grandmother, Mother and Wife that ends up having a stroke and recapping her life. Great story.
Pat
Jun 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Lake Emily series. Trudy and Mae are married and Mae finally has a baby. I love the series and the kind and caring people in Lake Emily.
Sandi
Oct 29, 2012
Carolyn
Feb 01, 2011
Joy
Apr 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1)
  • A Miracle for St. Cecilia's
  • The Island of Heavenly Daze (Heavenly Daze #1)
  • Family Patterns (Patchwork, #1)
  • Dearest Dorothy, Merry Everything! (Dearest Dorothy, #5)
  • Stealing Lumby (Lumby Series Book 2)
  • A Covington Christmas
  • Power for Living
  • The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)
  • At Home for the Holidays
Traci DePree is the author of nine books. She loves creating new worlds where readers can escape the demands of everyday life and discover a deeper place of faith where true hope resides. She makes her home in a rural town in Minnesota where she fills her days with books, volunteering, gathering with friends and loved ones, playing a little tennis, riding dirt bike, as well as sewing and knitting! ...more
More about Traci Depree...

Lake Emily (3 books)

• The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Speak Easy, Speak Love
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • On Turpentine Lane
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99