Start by marking “Mind over Money: Overcoming the Money Disorders that Threaten our Financial Health” as Want to Read:

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Do you overspend? Undersave? Keep secrets about money from a spouse or family member? Are you anxious about dealing with your finances? If so, you are not alone. Let's face it–just about all of have complicated, if not downright dysfunctional, relationships with money.

As Drs. Brad and Ted Klontz, a father and son team of pioneers in the emerging field of financial psychol
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published December 29th 2009 by Random House Audio (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mind over Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind over Money

Kater Cheek
Edited note:

I bought and listened to the longer version, after having been frustrated by what I found out was the abridged one, and I do believe that the longer version is really a better option than the shorter version. However, I stand by some of the things I said in my previous review (below.) This is not a good self-help book. It has a lot of exercises in the back to help you figure out what your money scripts are, but they're not easy. They involve a lot of introspection and some drawing sk
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was good, and the concept really helpful. It did start to feel repetitive, but overall worth a read.
Lenore Webb
Feb 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
When you deal with depression, many other issues come into play. For me a major one is money. I have to watch myself (and sometimes so do others) for financial infidelity. Or in layman's terms "feelgood" spending. You know where you buy things you just don't need to fill that hole inside.

Now I am lucky that I do not do this in large ways. Like buying big ticket items. But I can still lie about what I spend by just not telling. And being that I am the budget maker and bill payer then that is not
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
É um livro bastante revelador sobre as causas de nossos "distúrbios" financeiros, que é como os autores chamam comportamentos que trazem problemas financeiros. Através de sua leitura pude revisar minha atitude perante o tema e tomar consciência de algumas crenças que ainda preciso validar se são mesmo verdadeiras.

O livro é dividido em 3 grandes seções:
1) A grande mentira - basicamente os autores informam que nossos problemas financeiros não são causados por falta de conhecimento ou competência;
Jul 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty interesting, especially the psychological aspects of why people act/feel the way they do about money. I didn't necessarily see myself in any of the personalities, but it made me consider how early experiences can shape beliefs about ANY subject. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone just getting comfortable with their financial strategies.
Tony Bradshaw
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From this, I learned I am idealist financially and I already knew I was a workaholic and I'm married to a Saver. I'd like to read a book about the different archtypes in a relationship to get words of wisdom for our financial relationship.
Interesting material, but not a lot of advice.
Russell L
good insight about spending problems
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book. I highly recommend this book if you've ever had, or still do, have any issues with money.
Dan Danford
Sep 21, 2014
Kevin Bidwell
Apr 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Retirement Heist: How Companies Plunder and Profit from the Nest Eggs of American Workers
  • Money Drunk/Money Sober: 90 Days to Financial Freedom
  • Free: Spending Your Time and Money on What Matters Most
  • Work Less, Live More: The Way to Semi-Retirement
  • Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes And How To Correct Them: Lessons From The New Science Of Behavioral Economics
  • The End of Money: Counterfeiters, Preachers, Techies, Dreamers--And the Coming Cashless Society
  • Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals: Find Out How the Rich Get So Rich (the Secrets to Financial Success Revealed)
  • Your Money and Your Brain
  • The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers, and the Self-Employed: The only personal finance system for people with not-so-regular jobs
  • Memo - Den nemme vej til bedre hukommelse  (Danish)
  • Human Natures: Genes, Cultures, and the Human Prospect
  • Risk Intelligence: How to Live with Uncertainty
  • Debt Is Slavery: And 9 Other Things I Wish My Dad Had Taught Me about Money
  • I Was Blind But Now I See
  • Where Children Sleep
  • Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
  • Becoming Evil: How Ordinary People Commit Genocide and Mass Killing
  • The Power of Impossible Thinking: Transform the Business of Your Life and the Life of Your Business [With CDROM]

Nonfiction Deals

$7.24 $1.99
  • Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World's Stolen Treasures
  • Decoded
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Man Called Intrepid: The Incredible True Story of the Master Spy Who Helped Win World War II
    $14.99 $1.99