Start by marking “Ultimate Comics X: Origins” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Comics X: Origins

Ultimate Comics X: Origins

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  369 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Who-or what-is Ultimate X? The answers and even more secrets arrive in the all new Ultimate Comics X series from the superstar dream team of Jeph Loeb and Art Adams.
Wolverine is dead. Captain America is a fugitive. The Fantastic Four disbanded. Lives have been destroyed and nothing can ever be the same-is there any hope left? It all begins with a search for a brand new cha
Published November 9th 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Comics X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Comics X

Anne
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
I didn't think it was possible for Jeph Loeb to redeem himself. Some of the stuff he's written? Pure crap.
However, this was fun!
Yes, most of the original characters are dead, but since it's the Ultimate Universe...well, I guess that's ok.
So what we have here are pretty cool introductions to some of the new X-Men. Sons or daughters of the original characters, a few surviving original characters, and then some new guys. Oh yeah, and the Hulk.
What?!
Trust me. It's the coolest part.

If you hate the
Greg (adds 2 TBR list daily) Hersom
So this turned out to be pretty dang awesome! Great artwork and great story and I really had misgivings about it.
Richard Rich
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant art by 'The Master' Arthur Adams!
Myles
Yes, Ultimatum was terrible and Who Killed the Scarlet Witch was, too, but Thor Reborn was merely tepid. Loeb is slowly showing me he can create a narrative without shitting all over everything I once liked about characters he uses. And he's showing me that the story can even reach the low bar of coherency that I expect from my superhero comics.

I guess I'm having a hard time saying this...but, good job Jeph. You didn't fuck up.

The X-Men were the reason I started reading Ultimate Comics in the fi
Holden Attradies
My initial reaction to this had been pretty positive. But as I was reading other Goodreads reviews before writing this (as I normally do) I came to realize I only thought it was good because my bar of expectations from a Jeph Loeb story was so incredibly low. I feel the best I can say was, yeah, it wasn't utter shit.

The narration during each issue was something I really didn't like. What was being said was good, but the way it was paced out over every panel just didn't fit what was going on. It
Feather Mista
Gratísima sorpresa, mitad mérito del genial dibujo de Adams, y mitad mérito del guion de un Loeb bastante inspirado, casi irreconocible con respecto al pochoclo con patas que fue Ultimatum. Me gusta cómo presenta a los personajes nuevos, me gusta cómo "esconde" y replantea a los viejos, y me gusta el desarrollo general. ¡Hasta me dejó con ganas de leer más! Otra buena muestra de que cuando Jeph Loeb tiene ganas de divertir y divertirse puede llegar a niveles más que dignos.
Sonic
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent group of characters all handled (and "introduced") very well and even handedly, with superb illustration from Arthur Adams!
If they keep Loeb and Adams together on this it could be very fun indeed!
Sean Brennan
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Enjoyable! Hulk in the X-men?.
M.i.
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent origins story. Interested in seeing what they intend on doing with the characters but it seems the series was stopped.
Rachel
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
With the destruction of the X-Men, the world now hunts all mutants. Scattered, and without purpose many are in hiding, while others are unaware of what they are. In this introductory volume, the next generation of mutant heroes are brought together by "Karen", better known as Jean Gray, who after the fall of the X-Men finds herself in anguish and alone. Most of the others are new to the universe, although several are descended from the original bunch. Depth is given to each of them through the n ...more
  • Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Volume 1
  • Ultimate Comics Avengers Vol. 1: The Next Generation
  • Ultimate Comics Thor
  • Ultimate Comics Captain America
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 22: Ultimatum
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 18: Apocalypse
  • Ultimate Comics: Divided We Fall, United We Stand
Joseph "Jeph" Loeb III is an Emmy and WGA nominated American film and television writer, producer and award-winning comic book writer. Loeb was a Co-Executive Producer on the NBC hit show Heroes, and formerly a producer/writer on the TV series Smallville and Lost.

A four-time Eisner Award winner and five-time Wizard Fan Awards winner (see below), Loeb's comic book career includes work on many major
More about Jeph Loeb...