Start by marking “Requiem (Delirium, #3)” as Want to Read:
Requiem (Delirium, #3)

Requiem

(Delirium #3)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  116,499 Ratings  ·  12,609 Reviews
Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has transformed. The nascent rebellion that was underway in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven. Pockets of rebellion have opened through ...more
Published March 5th 2013 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Requiem, please sign up.
Lorenis JRS This is my favorite book of the trilogy!
This is my favorite book of the trilogy!
And if you didn't like the ending, then you didn't understand what the book is about. We don't need to know what's going to happen next, that's life. The important thing here is to let down our walls as individuals, knowing that maybe sometimes we might fall, but also that there's a chance that we can fly. To take a leap of faith instead of hiding behind our fears. Fear, will only make us prisoners, but there's a promise of freedom when we believe.(less)
Lorenis JRS This is my favorite book of the trilogy!
This is my favorite book of the trilogy!
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,500 books — 12,325 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,578 books — 11,063 voters

More lists with this book...

Kenzie

That was awful. Completely awful. Holy hell. What happened?

Summary of Requiem: Lena leads Julian on to make Alex jealous. That's it. That's the whole book.

Lena... what happened to you? You were bland in Delirium, had this AMAZING character growth in Pandemonium, and here? You were petty and whiny and annoying. Criminy. She asked to leave behind a burned, injured, defenseless girl who had just lost her home and family all because she was jealous that Alex talked to her. Way to be a shitty person,
Darlalala
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia, 2013, favorites
Warning: There might be MINOR spoilers so yea, be warned :)

AFTER READING:
When Alex and Lena were doing this...

I looked like this.

and then this..

I CAN'T FREAKING CONTAIN MY STUPID TANGLED EMOTIONS!!!
okay I'm calm. I.am.calm.

Julian-Lena-Alex:
Although Julian somewhat grew on me in Requiem, my heart still belongs to Alex. Frankly, Alex din't do a lot in this book. He is not as active as Julian who, though struggling, managed to adapt well in the Wilds. His natural leadership skills are amazing and h
Lauren
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
~EDIT #3~ ACTUAL REVIEW (SPOILERS AHEAD):

Okay, I know a lot of people have read/liked my 'review' for the ending of Pandemonium and the blurb of requiem, but here's my long-awaited review of Lauren Oliver's Requiem.

I'm going to be very, very honest here. I didn't like it. Compared to the awesomeness that was Delirium, this was honestly disappointing. I hate when authors sway to far from the original plot of the series, which was exactly what Lauren Oliver has done in this latest installment.

The
Sabrina
May 14, 2012 marked it as to-read
OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't know how to express how I feel right now! ALEX!!!!
[image error]excited gif Pictures, Images and Photos

[image error]crying misha gif Pictures, Images and Photos

Just when Alex finally appears in Pandemonium (I've been waiting the whole book for it to happen)... the book finishes!!!NOOO! WTH????!!Lauren really enjoys making us suffer huh? Waiting another year?? NOOOOO ...

[image error][image error].
[image error]Will Smith Cry Noo Pictures, Images and Photos

Spoilers:

Julian is a really sweet kid but he just didn't grow on me as much as Alex did! I'm also disappointed in Lena because she gave
Taschima
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
The Delirium TV SHOW has been picked up again, BY HULU. TO be aired on June 20th, 2014!

Holy shit! Delirium, by Lauren Oliver, is to become a TV Show!

The Delirium, Lauren Oliver, TV Show has it's Lena!! Lena has been cast, guys!

Click here to read 86 juicy pages of Requiem, plus an exclusive short story about ALEX!!!* (DYYING INSIDE!!)

Delirium TV Show Casting: Alex and Hana have been cast... for better or worse?

description

...there is another book right?

The DELIRIUM series cannot end this way, so vague and
Kat Kennedy
Requiem. When all good things must come to an end. A horrible, horrible end that didn’t do any justice to the series. But an end nonetheless. Requiem is like sitting down to a well-deserved, hot pie and relishing every bite until you get to the last one and die of poisoning without ever knowing why or how. There was literally a moment when I got to the last few pages, realized there wasn’t any more and freaked out. From enjoyment for insurmountable anger.

laughing, laughing, then STOP!

I am a solid believer that Lauren Oliver
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who need to see how the trilogy ends
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy Read with Amanda, Joan and Rebecca

For as much as I bitched about Mockingjay's epilogue, I kind of think that this book could have used one.

This will be the review of can't really say jack.

After all, how do I even talk about this book without spoilers? Warning : there are spoilers for book 2 in the comments section, so don't go there unless you've at least read up through book 2.

I can probably at least say that fans of the trilogy will want to read Requiem so they can finish out the story.

I just expected more than this and truly
Bryan Sanchez
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
5 Predictions:

1) Tack is possibly Julians brother. Julian stated that everyone was afraid of his brother and same thing with Tack. Julians brothers favorite book was Great Expectations and so is Tacks.

2) Alex was cured

3) Julian dies

4) Raven or Lena's mother dies

5) Lena goes back to Portland

After reading it.

I missed the romance and passion. It lacked feelings besides for conversations between Lena and her mother. The first two are by far on another level compared to this book, at least emotiona
Noah Czerny
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have never hated a cliff hanger so much in my life.
ALEX. ALEX. ALEX. ALEX. GAHHHH. ALEX.

I'M FREAKING OUT SO BAD RIGHT NOW. I THINK I FORGOT HOW TO BREATHE. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MAAAAAARCH.

Blah. Lena better choose Alex or I will personally find a way into the book and murder her.

I mean, yeah sure, Julian's okay, I guess, if you like THAT kind of guy. But Alex. DHAFDOSIUFJEASFDJHIE. HE ALMOST DIED FOR HER!!! And no. He was so not cured. HE WAS NOT CURED. Yeah, I would look all stony and shit if t
Andrea
I don't know, I don't know what to do with my life right now, all I know is that right now I can't rate/review this book. I just can't.

Two days after:

Okay, okay I'm cool. I'm cool. I think I can do this.

And as painful as it is, I'm gonna give this book 2.5 stars.

Well, this book was a major disappointment, it got nothing solved! I kinda wish this book was a joke and that this was like Part 1 of 2 of the final book as the movies are made now.

You know when you wait for like a big ending getting
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
After Reading:
I must say, this is probably my least favorite out of the three books.
It's not horrible (Obviously, since I gave it five stars) but it took forever for the pace to pick up, for it to get interesting.

This book is mostly about the Resistance fighting back (HOORAH!!) but they can't just barge in and fight! They must plan first! Making most of the novel planing, not fighting.
And we all now that planing is that as fun as fighting...

Of course it's not all planning!
Since, very much like
Courtney
A year?!?! Really?!?! After how the last book ended they really expect me to wait a year to find out what happens! I think I might die :(

3/5/13

Ok. Wait WTF?! That wasn't the end was it? That was probably the stupidest ending of a book ever! It was more like the start to a spin-off series or a lame ass cliff hanger for book 4. I'm so so so disappointed in Lauren Oliver. This is one of my favorite series and she just ruined it! Nothing, absolutely nothing was resolved. Love triangle? Still going s
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
description

I'm sorry Lauren, but that piss-poor ending can't deserve any more than 2 and a half stars from me.

It was good while it lasted.

*sigh shrug*
*shrug sigh*
*shrigh*
kari
Apr 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: 2013, ya
Don’t you just love it when you get to the end of a series, close that back cover, sigh contentedly, think of stars and sunshine, regret that you no longer get to spend time in that world with those characters, but feel enclosed in a shining bubble of contentment and happiness for that wonderful ending, hugging the book with joy?
Well, if that is what you’re hoping for with this book, you are in for one whopping disappointment, my friend.
Nothing and I mean a sum total of not a single thing, is a
Jamie
May 04, 2012 marked it as to-read
********Warning, spoilers for Pandemonium in passage below*********

I'm gonna be blunt and put it out there. I don't like Julian. Sure, he's nice and all that, but he's not Alex. Julian is sheltered and too much of an important figure to be involved in Lena's romantic affairs. He's inexperienced, knows nothing on how to survive in The Wild. While Alex helped Lena, Julian is the one that needs the taking care of. He's much weaker than Alex.
My heart literally skipped like 5 beats when I read the e
tonya.
2.5 stars.

I'm not sure I know what to say about this one.

While I was only mildly impressed with Delirium, and found Lena to be a weak and indecisive character, I was incredibly impressed with her development in Pandemonium. Lena grew into a strong, determined character, with a cause far greater than somewhat ordinary teenage love.

In Requiem all the momentum built in Pandemonium was halted. Despite the all out war brewing between the Regulators and the Invalids, the main focus of the story was
Skylar
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I finished Pandemonium . . .

OMFG I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES, someone please tell me why they exist!!! D:<

In the end when Alex came back I was just like

NOOO I like Julian with Lena . . . I feel like the only one though : (

I never really liked Alex that much, I don't really know why :p.
I like Julian though. & then when I really thought he died I was like Lena is finally happy again! But then Alex came back xO. She finally moves on - and she's happy!!!- and then BAM he's back NOOOOO.

N
Nicole
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well, I really want this book.
Really badly. Really badly. Really badly. I don't even know how to express how much I want this book.
I want to know what happens.
And as morbid as this is, I kind of hope Julian dies, so that Lena's choice is so much easier.

Um.
Yeah.
Just, um, forget about that last part.

UPDATE: What's up with the old ladies up there? They aren't fierce or anything. Why'd I put them there??? NOW GIMME THIS BOOK ALREADY. I'VE WAITED LIKE A YEAR. JUST COME ON...GRRR GIMMEEE IT'S ALREAD
Ferdy
Spoilers

I was going to give this one star because the ending was ridiculous, actually the whole book was ridiculous… But because I'm really nice, I decided to add an extra star. Your welcome, Lauren Oliver.

For those who haven't read Requiem. Here's a breakdown:

Lena: Alex no dead. What I do? It be painful.

Alex: I no dead Lena. You be evul whore. Why you no grieve forever when you be thinking I being dead? I never loving you! I always hating you now!

Julian: Huh?

Lena: Alex no wuv me. Me so sad. I
Jayde
May 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
Okay ... I just finished reading pandemonium ... literally two seconds ago ... AND

I really really REALLY want her to end up with Julian!!
I dont like Alex(sorry)

With Alex she didnt have to fight it .. she just got swept up in the throes of a whirlwind romance.

With Julian, she fought it, she denied it and she STILL started to fall for him.

She went back for JULIAN! she didnt go back for Alex (speaks volumes me thinks)

When I was reading the Lena/Julian moments I got a warm fuzzy happy feeling in my
hayden
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
For as much shit as the end of this book got from everyone,
I thought it was pretty perfect. I didn't think it was unfair at all. Open, yes, but some easy inferences tell you everything you need to know.

I got just what I wanted from my favorite characters, and I won't lie: I was pretty excited about Lena's choice in the end.

Oliver's beautiful, beautiful writing never hurts, either.

Lauren Oliver says, in a tweet to me:

"I won't say a word! V proud of that book, though. I made some unconventional
Beatriz
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abordé el último libro de esta trilogía con bastante recelo, principalmente porque había leído muchos comentarios desfavorables respecto del desenlace, y después de la frustración que me causó Leal de Veronica Roth, esperaba cualquier cosa. Pero como recién había acabado Pandemonium, aproveché el impulso.

La verdad, a mí me ha encantado, tanto que lo encuentro el mejor de los tres. A diferencia de los dos primeros, que leí en forma bastante pausada, éste no lo podía soltar. Concuerdo en que deja
Christine Riccio
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just posted my booktalk with detailed discussion: http://youtu.be/Kgpz7kS2HpA ! Love this world, loved where it was going, but I don't feel any closure, which has left me feeling less enthused with the series as a whole.
Marina

Well..

I'm going to start pleading my case here.

First of all, I have to admit that I find this a genuinely authentic theme for a dystopian trilogy. Some readers may consider it obscenely absurd. Idiotic. Daft. Pick one.

Not me.

It's actually very clever.

Can you honestly guarantee that with the rate things are going, something like this would be impossible to occur?
I mean, hear this humanity.
If dividing mankind into pre-determined factions to avoid social inconsistencies and emotional f
Athena ღ
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Τα συναισθήματα μου για τη συγγραφέα καθ'όλη τη διάρκεια του βιβλίου :

Διαβάζοντας και το τελευταίο μέρος αυτής της σειράς μπορώ να πω ότι μου άρεσε πολύ όλη η τριλογία και ότι έμεινα αρκετά ικανοποιημένη από το τέλος.

Αυτό που με εντυπωσίασε αρχικά ήταν ο τρόπος γραφής της συγγραφέως. Περιέγραφε το κάθε συναίσθημα μαγικά, ποιητικά. Στο δεύτερο βιβλίο δεν κυριαρχούσε τόσο το συναίσθημα όσο στο πρώτο (τουλάχιστον για μένα δεν λειτούργησε) αλλά είχαμε περισσότερη δράση και αποκαλύψεις.

Το τρίτο πιστ
Emily
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read the end of Pandemonium and there was a moment when I seriously thought I was dead. (some spoilers, okay). As soon as they said an escapee from the Crypts I was like "ALEX! ALEX ALEX ALEX!" And when he showed up, I was like "OH MY SWEET LORD! YOU HAVE SAVED US" and then I was like... Julian..

I am so confused by my emotions right now. Why? Why do this to us Lauren? Do you enjoy watching us suffer another YEAR while we wait for the next one. I feel like I might die.

Can't one of them die to m
Allison Mcswain
May 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
SO DISAPPOINTED
I love Lauren Oliver's writing, but I feel that Pandemonium deserved to be followed with something better--something less rushed.
It's the curse of the third and final book. I hated Mockingjay because it was so rushed (like, oh, it's the final book, let's get it over with). I thought Lauren wouldn't let that happen...but I feel it did. Requiem was rushed and left me unsatisfied.
This series WAS my favorite...but this ruined it. Still love the first two books.
Claudia Ramírez
Jul 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I really loved this book and the whole trilogy overall.

I still like Pandemonium better, but I prefer this one over Delirium. You see, Delirium was kind of slow paced for me, it has no action (not until the very end) and I didn't really liked Lena a lot. That changed in Pandemonium, and there we got to meet Julian, and I instantly liked him better than Alex (don't get me wrong, I do like Alex, but I prefer Julian), also, Julian's story was way more interesting for me to read. At the end of Pande
Shelby Petrie
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ok so I found this book to be my second favorite in the series. I still love the first one because, well it HAS Alex in it. The ending wasn't as big or good as I hoped it would be, I hated Julian and I was more than happy when he was kinda shoved out of Lena's heart in the end, but she still wasn't sure who to pick. *cough* Alex *cough*. I loved all the action in this book and cried multiple times. This is one of my favorite love stories because it actually opened my eyes and showed me what love ...more
disappointing ending....will there be a book 4? 82 2119 Sep 04, 2018 11:06AM
Requiem should really end like... this? 47 300 Sep 04, 2018 11:04AM
Around the Year i...: Requiem, by Lauren Oliver 1 13 Jan 26, 2018 08:56PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #100 Requiem by Lauren Oliver (and implications on current politics) 1 3 Aug 06, 2016 08:21AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Requiem by Lauren Oliver- Restarting June 23rd 2016 19 39 Jun 25, 2016 10:41AM
JULIAN OR ALEX 776 2337 Nov 13, 2015 06:25AM
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)
  • The Essence (The Pledge, #2)
  • Fuse (Pure #2)
  • Once (Eve, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Middle Ground (Awaken, #2)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • Deception (Defiance, #2)
  • Fox Forever (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #3)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • Resist (Breathe, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)
Lauren Oliver is the cofounder of media and content development company Glasstown Entertainment, where she serves as the president of production. She is also the New York Times bestselling author of the YA novels Replica, Vanishing Girls, Panic, and the Delirium trilogy: Delirium, Pandemonium, and Requiem, which have been translated into more than thirty languages. The film rights to both Replica ...more

Delirium (3 books)
  • Delirium (Delirium, #1)
  • Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Girl I Used to Be
    $7.80 $2.99
  • After the Woods
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
“Take down the walls.
That is, after all, the whole point.
You do not know what will happen if you take down the walls; you cannot see through to the other side, don't know whether it will bring freedom or ruin, resolution or chaos. It might be paradise or destruction.
Take down the walls.
Otherwise you must live closely, in fear, building barricades against the unknown, saying prayers against the darkness, speaking verse of terror and tightness.
Otherwise you may never know hell; but you will not find heaven, either. You will not know fresh air and flying.
All of you, wherever you are: in your spiny cities, or your one bump towns. Find it, the hard stuff, the links of metal and chink, the fragments of stone filling you stomach.
And pull, and pull, and pull.
I will make a pact with you: I will do it if you will do it, always and forever.
Take down the walls.”