Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room

The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room (The Berenstain Bears)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  28,513 Ratings  ·  240 Reviews
"The room shared by Brother and Sister is a mess because the cubs argue over who should neaten up instead of working together. Sure to make toddlers smile while they absorb an implied lesson."--Publishers Weekly.

From the Trade Paperback edition.
Published October 27th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published April 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room

karen
Nov 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddiwinx
this book was one of my favorites as a child. it made me feel that anything was possible. and now, living as i do, crammed into my tiny apartment with several thousand books and an alarming number of stuffed animals and knickknacks for a woman my age...well - i could stand to re-learn the lesson. i long for tidiness, but i need more square footage.
angrykitty
Feb 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i remember that my dad bought me this book b/c my room was always a mess. i just ended up shoving everything in my closet and under my bed. now though, i have learned the lesson of the bears, and my apt is pretty neat....but i still have tons of crap.
Vichida
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book is a very good book,because it teaches us to clean up our room. The Berenstain bears' house was very neat and very tidy.Then one day brother bear and sister bear's room was very untidy,because they didn't clean up their toys.Then when mother bear came in to their room she was so angry,because there was a big mess.Then when papa bear came to their room papa bear said,"I think you should keep your toys in boxes,I will make the boxes for you."Then after papa bear finished mak ...more
Hal Johnson
Dec 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Just looking at the title of this, and other Berenstain books of similar vintage, such as The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners, The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV, The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food, or The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers, you know you're in for a lecture. How the gleeful anarchy of Bears in the Night became a propaganda mill for bourgeois Standards and Practices is a sad story that indicts us all. Even the deaths of the original cartoonists can't stop the ...more
Alexander Polsky
I loathe the Berenstain bears, i really do, and if you like them, well I loathe you too.

Two decades past bedtime reading, the trauma lingers still, and awful nights spent reading insipid rhymes are a cerebral scar that won't heal, like a tune from 1975 by The Captain and Tenille.

So, new parents, when one of these grim tomes finds its way into your house, you must shred it, stomp it like you would a louse, poison it, kick it like you would a mouse
Audryaunna
Organization does a lot for this bear family. Brother and Sister bear argue about cleaning their room. Mama Bear is always cleaning their room, until Papa Bear comes up with a great idea to keep his cubs room clean.
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good life lessons. i wish it was thia easy to keep things clean, lol.
Barb
May 16, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I despise the Berenstain Bears. Hate the drawings and stories are thinly disguised (& idiotic) lessons.
Alex
Mar 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like this book because I do not like messy rooms. I also did not like this book because this book had a messy room in it.
Ashley Klausmeyer
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a very relatable book for children. More times than not, kids do not like to keep their rooms clean. This book can teach them that it is much more fun to be organized and live in a clean room instead of a dirty one. It has very good illustrations that get the point across as well.
Eirene Ang
Well sometimes, when we were kid or became adult
We just can't clean our room
Some people probably do the same thing
Neither do I, sometimes I do that
If ours room messy
Ours parents telling us to clean it up
But some reason their room messy because they need to work, busy, and more
After you clean your room, try seen from far distance fitting you can see the rooms are clean and nice views
Hope you like it!!
النظام و الاهتمام بترتيب الغرفة مهمّ مفيش كلام :D
Tamara
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-childhood
From a very young age, I have always wanted things to have homes. Must be why I reread this one a gazillion times.

If your child is fascinated by The Container Store, this is the book for them.
Ashley Rivas
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Berenstain Bears were a huge part of my childhood and I hope these book are around for a very long time. This book is engaging, funny, and educational all at the same time. It's important to keep children engaged while still getting a message across and all the Berenstain Bears books succeed in this, including this book.
Tessa
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had almost all of the Berenstain Bears books as a child. I really enjoyed them for a few different reasons. One reason was because of the pictures, they are colorful and they have so many details within them. My mom enjoyed them because they had meaningful lessons in the book. Another cool thing I just noticed was The Berenstain Bears was written by Stan Berenstain, which I think is neat.
Micaela Fox
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
This is a memorable book because when I was younger my sister would read it to me before I went to bed. I am a very clean and organized person which could be explained by reading this so much as a child!
Pattie
Phyllis
Dayna
Luisa Knight
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I asked for this book to be read a lot, probably because I was hoping that my sister would get the subliminal message that I wanted our room cleaner! Haha

Ages: 4 - 8
Daisy
MCC Children's Li...: picture books and illustrations 1 1 Feb 16, 2012 11:19PM
MCC Children's Li...: picture books and illustrations 1 1 Feb 16, 2012 11:19PM
  • Just Me and My Mom (Little Critter)
  • Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Come Back, Amelia Bedelia
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Baked in a Cake: A Book About Kitchen Chemistry
  • Just Me in the Tub (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)
  • The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow
  • Curious George Goes to the Hospital
  • Curious George Gets a Medal
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to School
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears in the Dark