Start by marking “The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth” as Want to Read:
The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth

The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The best-selling Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth gives you the up-to-date lowdown on pregnancy, birth and coping when you first get home. This is a week by week guide to what's happening to you and the baby, from choosing where to give birth, coping with nausea and understanding the tests you will need, to breastfeeding for the first time and adapting to life with a new ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Rough Guides

To ask other readers questions about The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth

Annie Cole
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
The diary bits were pretty cringeworthy, and at times it was too opinionated. Overall, though, it gave decent and sound advice.
Jo Mc menamin
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-shelf
My pal Bex sent me this book as soon as i told her i was pregnant - it became my pregnancy bible! Straightforward and sometimes funny guide to what to expect each week, good tips along the way. I found that something new would happen to me or I'd be wondering about something and I'd turn to the next chapter in the book which was right on que with the answer!

The first page in every chapter gives you an overview of what's happening to you & the baby this week which I used to put together a bab
Chris Baker
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, life
Informative, down to earth, hilariously funny and brilliantly reassuring, Caz Cooke's week-by-week diary is the perfect antidote to the anxietes pregnancy and birth. As other mums step up the yoga regime and begin to plan for their picture-perfect birth, it's good to know that you're not the only one who feels like a lethargic beached whale with a magnum-a-day ice cream habit. If you follow the advice in this book you'll be just fine.
Quanti
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
My friend was praising this book, but I was honestly happy I've read it at the end of my pregnancy rather than the beginning. The author's pregnancy experience was totally different from mine and I would just get groundlessly scared. It is funny and still contains useful information, though, just not "the type" for me.
Opticalillusion
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this but I wish I'd picked it up earlier than I did. From amusing diary entries to helpful information. I would recommend this book to every pregnant woman. Now I want to get my hands on the next instalment by her Kid Wrangling.
Dancingsocks
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Informative and quite funny.
Victoria
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Bit of a different take from other pregnancy books and a good one to read as a bit of a refresher from other dry, earnest texts. Highly recommend
Natalya
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
refreshingly hilarious book - helps to balance out most other pregnancy literature!
Vera
May 23, 2012 rated it liked it
It is funny but it tries too hard! :|
Like those tiresome people who see double meanings in everything, can't take anything seriously and think they're being clever for it...
Petrina Bayliss
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
It was okay. Tried a bit too hard to be funny but some good info in it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »