Start by marking “Lawless (Long, Tall Texans #22)” as Want to Read:
Lawless (Long, Tall Texans #22)

Lawless

(Long, Tall Texans #22)

After putting 16-year-old Christabel Gaines's abusive father in prison, Texas Ranger Judd Dunn marries her in name only to save their shared ranch from bankruptcy. Now, years later, their platonic marriage has given way to passionate yearnings that neither can handle. But danger is near and their feelings may be too little, too late.
Mass Market Paperback, 357 pages
Published May 25th 2004 by Mira Books (first published July 2003)

Rappaccini's  Daughter

Are you effing kidding me???

He's supposedly hurting for money, but he has enough to buy an emerald ring for that bitch Tippy?! And he's so busy treating her like a queen, he forgets his wife's birthday and doesn't buy her a damn thing!

And that's just one of the many, MANY rotten things this creep does.

You know who took Crissy out for her birthday?
Cash

You know who treated Crissy wonderfully and was a great alpha-hero (as opposed to an alpha-hole -- I'm looking at you, Judd!)?
Cash

You know who Cash
Naksed
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
It was wonderful and engrossing. Diana Palmer just gets better and better. I love her ability to make us fall in love with her characters, flaws and all. I enjoyed Christabel and Judd, but I especially love Cash Grier. He's such an amazing character. He's got a seductive, enigmatic air. He also had a tenderness about him that was appealing. I must admit for a little while, I was more enamored of Chrissy and Cash as a couple then Judd and Chrissy, but eventually Judd proved his worthiness. Thanks ...more
jenjn79
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Diana Palmer fans
This is the only book I've ever read where I almost wanted the heroine to pick The Other Guy. In other books, the hero might do some dumb things, but you still always root for him to get the girl. But in this book, the hero more often than not made it tough to like him, and The Other Guy made it really hard not to root for him.

Lawless is one of Diana Palmer's Jacobsville books, a sort of unofficial series tied into her popular Long, Tall Texans series. This book can be read as a standalone for t
Vintage

Honestly, there two too stupid to live characters.

This made me cry. Would you buy teared up? Okay, my eyes burned a little but that’s still saying a lot. What was the trigger? (view spoiler)
StMargarets
Another story that combines DP’s love of violence, law enforcement, toxic-masculinity and romance. Triggers: child abuse, crime scene descriptions

Romance: It’s not a triangle – it’s a square! Married H/h each has an “other.” What?
Don’t worry, DP isn’t suddenly into adultery. The Texas Ranger married the computer science student heroine when she was 16. They each own half of a ranch and the hero married her after sending her father to jail for child abuse. The deal has always been that they will
Chantal ❤️
Girls was way too sweet for the butthole hero.
He treats her like crap and she takes it. This is Not DP best but I have read worst.
Only part I love is when Cash comes to get her and dances with her.
The hero needs his ass handed to him for the crap he gave this innocent sweetie.
Does not happen because if it did I would have given it 5 stars.
He needed to grovel epically!!!
A good read just not great but some moments where awesome.
No cheating but a lot of OW drama and some OM drama so it's not
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 rated it liked it
I will buy anything she writes (except historical) There is a 50 - 50 chance I'll finish it. So for the Palmer books I will rate them as follows:

1) Hero: Slighly above Jerk of the year

2) Read entire book: Yes just because the storyline is intriguing and I was amazed at the hero's overbearing obnoxious manner.

3) Intriguing: Oh Yes -- dying to see if the guy could be a bigger asshole than he was on the previous page.

4) Do I still have the book or did I give it away to the goodwill: I have it and
Jess the Romanceaholic
Dec 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: angst lovers
Recommended to Jess the Romanceaholic by: Danielle "The Book Huntress" Hill
Mou
Aug 26, 2018 marked it as avoid
Cheating.
Cheesecake
Linds
I think I wasn't really crazy about this book for two reasons. First, the hero was very indecisive about his feelings for the heroine. He was always sending mixed messages and playing mind games. Second, even though in this book they are 34 and 21, he's liked her since she was 16. That would put him at 29 at that time and I don't really like huge age differences in romances. But I want to give the author another shot because I think she is a pretty good author.

Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Leigh
"If I'm too old for you, he damned sure is," he returned at once. "When the annulment goes through, I'll tell you. Until then. he added in a tone that was that was curiously possessive, with eyes that ate her slender figure, "you belong to me."

Lawless had me totally engrossed despite me wanting to knock the hero and heroine in the heads on multiple occasions.

Years ago, Texas Rancher Judd married Christabel to help save her ranch and doing the math I believe she was only sixteen! And Judd is
Lily
Quick review - 3 1/2 stars

Diana Palmer uses the same formula she uses in all the previous books in the series.description

Old guy(30+)+ Young girl(20+)-->Ugly fights-->heroine is hurt-->Hero realises his love--> the End

Throw in a couple of secondary characters and a guy wanting to kill the hero we get Lawless.description

Why is this one different than other, you may ask, description the answer is Christabel Gaines

Unlike the common DP heroines, this one fights. She refuses to budge(eventhough we know she is acting li
Deniz
My first book by this author. Overall the book was pretty good. It was romantic and full of drama. The story and the character are well developed.
I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a romance that has a bit of mystery in it , and who likes western romances
Dee
Two-haiku review:

He married her young
To protect their co-owned ranch
But she's still virgin

I enjoyed this book
Romance, action and suspense
Young woman, but strong
Margo
Nov 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Heroine is a doormat who is repeatedly humiliated by hero. OW is so cruel and manipulative that I have never been able to read the book about her, even though I liked Cash a lot. This is not a happy ending -- she should have left him in the dust.
Janie
Rating: 4.5 stars.
Reread August 03, 2015

I've made it my goal to reread all the DP books I've read so far and document on goodreads my reactions and feelings, because I love DP. On top of this, most of DP's stories are exactly the same, same tropes, same heroines (almost always plain looking blonde and slender) etc. So i figured writing down the differences and my reaction with each book would make it easier for me to remember which DP books I love and which I only like.

Lawless is definitely one
Amanda S.
So far, one of the best Diana Palmer I've ever read, other than Winter Soldier! :)))

Christabel's 16 when her father abused her and tried to kill her. Judd's Texan Ranger who put him on jail for good. Feeling responsible, she married Crissy in paper only and his main reason is to save his ranch. It's been five years and now Crissy turn 21. It's time for their annulment of marriage and Judd who've been haunt by his parents separation, eager to divorce Crissy. And there is a superstar that cling to
Lelyana
Mar 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
OMG!What did I read????

The hero have NO brain, asshole, douchebag of the year!
And the heroine was too stupid to live! How can she was just let him treated her like garbage???

I really regret picked this book ramdomly, just because my stupid hand need something to grab, when I'm doing s*** in the toilet!!!!

#grumblegrumbelthrowthebooktothetoilet!

******************************************************

Omg buku apaan nih???

Hero nya gak punya otak, asshole, douchebag of the year!
Dan heroinenya bener2
Aayesha Khatri

I loved this book very much. Even though Judd was an ass during most of the story, she stayed strong, kept her chin up and went on smiling. I loved her for it. And, of course, like any good romance hero, Judd was forgiven.

I also liked the side-plot about Cash Grier. Looking forward to reading his story.
Jenny
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: made-me-swoon
Hero was an adorable jerk. Heroine was blind and all the misunderstandings drove me crazy. Not a fan of love triangles so I can't say I loved this story but I liked it and the epilogue was super adorable!
Katherine 黄爱芬
Don't recommended to me DP again!!! >.<
Bwmurf
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Caitlin Wyatt
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So. Good. Might be one of my favorite books ever. I just freaking loved it. Diana Palmer is such a great writer. Christabel & Judd were romantic comedy at its finest. I love the law enforcement, and the murder investigations that are sometimes in her books, they make them so much better. Diana has such a flare for having me crack up while I'm reading her books, I laugh out loud. I just love her. This book makes you so excited to read Cash's books Renegade too, which I will.
Astraycat
Whenever I reread the story, I sympathize with Christabel's feeling for Judd, and hate Judd's stubbornness and cruelty. I almost cry for Christabel's hurt! Ms. Diana Palmer always makes readers feel for the heroines though some of her heroes are so hateful that you want to throw the books away! For some unknown reasons, I hate Judd's many behaviors still love to reread the book.
Melodie
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I find this a frustrating read. The two characters just don't make sense to me. I hate that Judd and Crissy keep avoiding telling the truth to each other. I especially hated it when Crissy keeps victimizing herself; if she really loves Judd, then she should try a little harder. I really don't know how I managed to finish this book.
Cristina M
Dec 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ritika Gupta
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
What do you say about a book where you’re rooting for the friend instead of the supposed hero of the book? I had to read the blurb thrice to confirm that yes indeed, Judd is supposed to be the main central man in the book, and not a grade A *** who has zero brain cells and absolutely no common sense.

I’ve grown up reading romances, and over the time my radar for handling themes of belittlement and absolute idiocy has been pushed low.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
how to read 2 41 May 12, 2011 06:03PM

• True Colors
  • Blind Promises
  • The Marriage Bed
  • Two Texas Hearts (McQuillen #2)
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Except My Love
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • Short Straw Bride
  • The Bridal Veil
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • The Ultimate Betrayal
  • The Chance (C Series, #4)
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • High Country Bride (McKettricks, #1)
  • Hester Waring's Marriage
  • The Marriage War
  • Second Chances

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, Tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)
“I've been noble since they took you to the hospital," he said through his teeth. "I'm tired of it. I don't eat, I don't sleep, I can't even work. I remember your voice moaning in my ear like the cry of the damned while I was having you," he bit off, bending to her mouth. "You couldn't get enough of me. You couldn't get close enough to me. Your face when I fulfilled you....I ache every time I think about it.” 35 likes
“Get that son of a bitch to jail,” he said
through his teeth, “before I kill him!”
His eyes were testimony enough to the intent of the
statement. He’d forgotten law, duty, honor, everything, in
the grip of the worst fear he’d ever felt. If she died, he
would be lawless. Nothing would matter to him in the
world, ever again, except revenge.”
1 likes