Start by marking “Il gioco proibito: La casa degli orrori” as Want to Read:
Il gioco proibito: La casa degli orrori

Il gioco proibito: La casa degli orrori (The Forbidden Game #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  5,299 Ratings  ·  327 Reviews
Il primo episodio di una nuova, straordinaria serie, dalla regina dell’urban fantasy

Alla ricerca del regalo perfetto per il suo ragazzo, Jenny Thornton si imbatte in uno strano, inquietante negozio di giochi. Dietro al bancone, un ragazzo ancora più strano, con i capelli argento e gli occhi di un blu elettrico, vende antichi giochi in scatola, amuleti, strani artefatti. Si
Published June 3rd 2010 by Newton Compton (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Il gioco proibito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il gioco proibito

Emily May
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, young-adult, fantasy
Julian is one of the sexiest characters in the whole of literature, seriously. Even if the story hadn't been a wonderful and gripping adventure with an array of colourful and interesting characters, it would still have been worth the read for Julian. But that aside, the book was wonderful, as soon as I finished it I instantly picked up the sequal. What a great and original story, a bit scary in parts but always entertaining - I couldn't put it down.
Kayla
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dark Krystal
Aug 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Becky, Vanessa, Dawn, Jenn
Shelves: more-than-once
To anyone who has ever loved Labyrinth, you would think this novel somehow tells the history of The Goblin King. Well, there is no actual tie-in to Labyrinth except the one I make in my mind.

Jenny only wanted to get a game for her boyfriend's party she was throwing that night. She ducks into a store in the sketchy side of town and impulsively buys a plain white glossy box--without knowing what's in it--from a handsome man in the store. Boyfriend who?

She gets home and realizes how stupid her deci
notyourmonkey
♥Emm♥
The perfect nightmare. The Forbidden Game is truly one-of-a-kind for its genre. I have an ambivalence leaning towards dislike of paranormal romance, but this promised something new, and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

The 'romance' is more of a one-sided obsession, which Julian, an inhumanly beautiful crafter of nightmares has with the heroine, who has to outwit him to escape when he traps her and her friends in a labyrinth of their own fears.
It is a fittingly nightmarish and creepy story, and I've
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
16-year-old Jenny is just looking for a party game when she comes across a strange store, and a gorgeous boy who wants to sell her exactly what she wants.
What is the game that Julian sells her? And will Jenny and her friends make it to the end alive?

I haven’t read this book for years, but thankfully it was as good as I remembered.

I liked Jenny although she did irritate me a bit at times. As fearless as she was in some respects, she was a bit of a pushover when
Carla
Nov 21, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LJ Smith fans, horror fans, teen fiction readers, faery tale lovers
What teenager hasn't dreamt of being taken away by David Bowie? Not too shabby, I say. Even if he is a demony creature from Beyond!
It's pulp. Pseudo Sexual horror romance for teens. I was compelled to finish the series by my libido, plus the spooky bits aren't bad at all.
First book I read as a kid that had words I didn't recognize, too, like laconic.
The description of the things the kids are afraid of, sticks with me the most--especially the one of the Black Forrest. Fairly creepy.
Ezgi Tülü
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
“He was evil. Cruel, capricious, and dangerous as a cobra. A prince of darkness.
Completely evil—and completely in love with her.”

Megan
Book 1 of 3. The Forbidden Game trilogy. Very good. Middle school level reading. However, has many classic themes that all ages will enjoy. Find, read, and re-read! (put on keeper shelf!)

The first book in the trilogy which introduces Jenny and group (her boyfriend Tom, her cousin Zach, her friends Audrey, Michael, (who are dating each other) and Dee) to the Shadow Man- Julian who has fallen in love with Jenny and won’t rest until she is his. Jenny buys The Game from Julian (unbeknownst to her at
Yasi
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
well,I liked it; my friend recomended this book in school to me & I barrowed it from school library.
I Liked it, but such as other books , as vampire dieries, the main charectors were very pretty &... you know... the cover were'nt good & the translate was awfull;
IT wasnt very huge,U know! It wasnt wow! it was just pretty. nice. good. not well;
& just this
happy yalda

خب دوستم اینو تو مدرسه بهم معرفی کرد و طبق معمول عاشق شخصیت منفی و اصلی داستان شده بود. و گذاشت که بجای اینکه برای 80
  • The Dance (Final Friends #2)
  • Fatal Secrets (Point Horror, #24)
  • Crimson Night (Crimson #2)
  • The Yearbook
  • Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
  • The Mummy
  • Heart of the Hunter (Fear Street Sagas, #9)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

The Forbidden Game (3 books)
  • The Chase (The Forbidden Game, #2)
  • The Kill (The Forbidden Game, #3)
“I fell in love with you. I didn't do it on purpose” 497 likes
“I have never been in love before," Julian said. "You're my first-and you'll be my only.” 239 likes