Start by marking “Your Immortal Reality” as Want to Read:
Your Immortal Reality

Your Immortal Reality

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  482 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
In this fascinating book, Gary Renard and his Ascended Master Teachers, Arten and Pursah, teach you how to integrate advanced spiritual principles into your everyday life. Doing so leads beyond theory to an experience of the Divine and the undoing of the ego. Your progress will be accelerated to such a degree that, with continued practice, you can't help but stop the need ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Hay House, Inc. (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Your Immortal Reality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Immortal Reality

Emily
Feb 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
I wanted to give this book zero stars, or a minus one star. Half way through I thought about throwing it away, but I completed it so that I could give it a review. Renard states his purpose is to elucidate, through "ascended masters" that appear to him in physical form, "A Course in Miracles." For those who may be unfamiliar with "A Course," it is a blend of Christian, Buddist and Kabbala teachings. In my opinion, Renard failed miserably. He struck me as a wanna-be mystic at best and a sexual-pr ...more
Jo
Feb 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whether you believe what he says, his message is awesome
Julian Friend
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you practice ACIM, it broadens and deepens your understanding.
Mayra Correa e Castro
Arten e Pursah, mestres ascensionados, voltam a visitar Gary, desta vez num período mais curto, de dois anos, durante o qual ele se torna um palestrante relativamente conhecido sobre Um curso em milagres (UCEM) e vê seu O desaparecimento do universo entrar para o catálogo da poderosa Hay House, editora de Louise L. Hay, autora do best seller mundial Você pode curar sua vida.

Mais leve que o primeiro livro, Sua realidade imortal vem mostrar exemplos práticos de como aplicar o perdão avançado, cham
Rogier
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality, acim
Here Gary Renard continues the story of his personal experiences, organized around his continuing meetings with Arten and Pursah. It is also his continuing exploration and learning of A Course in Miracles, as well as a further deepening of the connection that was first developed in The Disappearance of the Universe between the Thomas gospel and the teachings of Jesus in the Course. The result is fascinating, as is the cleaned up kernel of the Thomas Gospel presented in this book by Pursah.

Not to
veganjilly
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, favorites
I'm so grateful to Gary Renard for sharing his experiences with the world! This is an excellent follow-up to the mind-blowing "Disappearance of the Universe." Just as with that book, this one caused me to have many "light-bulb" moments and passages that literally sent chills up my spine. These are books that I will reread often and will have a permanent place on my bookshelf!
Hugh Magee
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another important and helpful book for students of A COURSE IN MIRACLES. Some think this one is even better than Renard's first book, 'The Disappearance of the Universe'. It's interesting from a Christian perspective as well in light of the new information it provides about the text and origin of The Gospel of Thomas.
Andrea
Apr 14, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a cool book! Love the author's sense of humour..he gets you from the beginning w/ his humour and this just makes you more open to what he has to say : )
Am looking forward to reading his 'Disappearance' - maybe next month!
Martine
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book includes citations from A Course in Miracles. Presentation is interesting, humor is crass at times.
Rudi1234
Dec 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Follow up to The Disappearance of the Universe....
Cecilia Simonis
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book following The Disappearance of the Universe. Same review as my last one. This book will change your life. If you do not want to change, don't read it.
Nick Vona
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book leaves off where, " The disappearence of the universe" lefty off. The two ascended masters continue to teach Gary and as Gary learns from them so do we if we choose to.
Martinxo
Jul 17, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Nutter.
Stacey M
Feb 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Gary. Again, not crazy about his sense of humor, but he speaks truth.
Carl Macki
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gary goes into greater depth regarding his conversations with Arteh and Pursah, and discusses his evolution as a writer and commentor on A Course in Miracles.
Dean
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'll list the good, bad and ugly for this second installment in GR's take on A Course in Miracles.
Good-- It is consistent with GR's view on what ACIM means (below), and extends on his first book. It offers a few tips on seeing others as guiltless, OK, and 'forgiven'; it does correctly hit on the idea of the conceptual world being a self-made illusion that is unreal (temporary) and based on the separation (subject/object reality).

Bad-- There's very little in this book that wasn't covered in his p
Amy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the worst books I have read in a long time! I would rate this zero if I could.
Several years ago I read Renard's first book "The Disappearance of the Universe". It was a very accessable summary of The Course in Miracles, which I was studying at the time. But when I got to the ending chapter and read that one of the ascended masters told Renard that he was the reincarnation of St. Thomas the Apostle AND Pursah (the ascended master) was him in the future I was so disgusted. I could
Elka Chase
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wake-up Call

How do you know when you're hearing a message from The Spirit? The Truth resonates love and peace that can be felt deep within ones core. You feel a lightening of your spirit and a joy that puts a smile in your heart. If you bring your awareness to your physical body, you notice that you shoulders have dropped, your brows are relaxed and you have a sweet smile on your lips. That was my reaction to reading this book. I've been a student of ACIM for almost 15 years now. This book suppo
Mark Austin
★ - Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
★★ - Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
★★★ - Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
★★★★ - Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
Phil Mullen
I like Gary & his way of introducing the Course's ideas.

I don't give a fig if he "really" has visions of Pursah & Arten, or if they're metaphors. (Heck,
we're all metaphors, if the Course is correct.)

This 2nd book was less impressive than the 1st, though still good & helpful to me.

I *guess* I'll buy the 3rd, but wish he had an editor who made him author-up just a tad. He's more insightful than his prose style betrays.

So I gave it 3 stars, though I only wanted to re-emphasize the 1st b
Christine
Oct 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christine by: Brian Dooley, Cheryl Dressler
Shelves: spirit
This book asserts the unique value of _A Course in Miracles_ even more strongly than _Disappearance of the Universe_ did. The chapter about the future (in duality's terms) was interesting.

P.S. I couldn't resist wondering if Arten was the head of the Miracle Distribution Center who wouldn't offer Renard's works...is it ok to wonder that...
Del Zimmerman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Big fan of the New Age movement, but this guy pisses me off... very condescending about the teachings of A Course in Miracles... he (under the guise of spirits) discounts Marrianne Williamson and other prominent teachers. Would spirit really denounce someone else just so you can sell books?
Tonya
Feb 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"...the truth is my lack of peace, no matter what form it takes, is always a result of my own decision to not forgive. But decisions can be changed. I can recognize truth" (p.100).
July Wolfe
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Gary's follow-up book to "The Disappearance of the Universe," anything with his teachers, Arten and Pursah, has to be excellent. Have been waiting 4 years now for the next one!
Gabriela
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent- very inspiring. Gary is a great teacher. His delivery of the Truth is simple and understandable. This one along with DU are fantastic!
Michael
I liked it better than Dissapearance of the Universe but I still do not get the beliefs he espouses. He says that is ok but I don't care if he thinks it is ok or not, I just don't get it.
Dayna
Aug 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it
Diane
Jan 17, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the first. However, it was good. This is my spiritual path.
Erick
May 28, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Was not a big fan of this book. Lot of judgement in here...just didn't feel very spiritual to me.
LocoErasmo
Es una secuela del primer libro, el cual afirma lo tratado en el primero, pero te da las claves para poder alcanzar la iluminación.
  • Goddesses  Angels
  • Final Beginnings
  • Take Me to Truth: Undoing the Ego
  • Entering the Castle: An Inner Path to God and Your Soul
  • From Plagues to Miracles: The Transformational Journey of Exodus, from the Slavery of Ego to the Promised Land of Spirit
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
“Quantum computers that would boggle your mind, space elevators that raise heavy cargo through the air and into orbit, tourist trips to the moon, teleportation—all of these things will happen in the not-too-distant future.” 0 likes
“The dreaming of the world takes many forms, because the body seeks in many ways to prove it is autonomous and real. It puts things on itself that it has bought with little metal discs or paper strips the world proclaims as valuable and real. It works to get them, doing senseless things, and tosses them away for senseless things it does not need and does not even want. It hires other bodies, that they may protect it and collect more senseless things that it can call its own. It looks about for special bodies that can share its dream. Sometimes it dreams it is a conqueror of bodies weaker than itself. But in some phases of the dream, it is the slave of bodies that would hurt and torture it.” 0 likes