Start by marking “Lord of Falcon Ridge (Viking, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Falcon Ridge (Viking, #3)

Lord of Falcon Ridge

(Viking Era #4)

Dear Reader:

When Chessa is kidnapped by Ragnor of York, Cleve sets out to rescue her. After all, he's the one who negotiated her marriage to William of Normandy, and his word is on the line. When a storm blows Chessa and her kidnappers onto Hawkfell Island, outrageous complications set in.

In the third novel of this Viking trilogy, Cleve of LORD OF RAVEN'S PEAK and Chessa
Published April 1st 1995 by Jove (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Lord of Falcon Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of Falcon Ridge

Start your review of Lord of Falcon Ridge (Viking, #3)
Naksed
Regan Walker
Superb Last in the Viking Series… A Great Adventure!

Set in the 10th century in Norway, Ireland and England, this is the story of Chessa, the daughter of the Irish King. She is kidnapped by Ragnor of York, heir to the Danelaw, who is also a self-possessed dolt and has been told to marry the girl who loathes him.

Chessa has a champion, one Cleve, a Scot who was forced to become a slave and is now a diplomat, who sets out to rescue her. He needs her back since he's negotiated her marriage to William
Tetty Marlinda
#5 - 2019 RC
Genre: Historical Romance
Regan Walker
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 10th-century, vikings
Superb Last in the Viking Series… A Great Adventure!

April
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a great story! I laughed and cried many times! Such wonderful writing and really engaging characters!! I love this authors work!!

I am currently on a Regency kick and this one was terrific!!
Susan Ross
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this historical Viking romance. I've read it before and I'll read it again. It contains characters from the previous books: The Lord of Hawkfell Island and The Lord of Raven's Peak. Chessa and Cleve are great characters. Chessa pursues Cleve who's determined to marry her to someone else. Chessa is not one to do other's biddings and she pursues Cleve until he has no choice but to marry her. Lots of twists and turns and humour abound in this book. I loved all three books. This one made me ...more
Cas H.
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Catherine Coulter's book, Lord of Falcon Ridge is well written. It is in her Viking Series and offers a tale of fantasy mixed with reality. Her writing style drags you in and allows you to absorb her books in a short amount of time. I look forward to reading another book of this series.
Erika
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lord of Falcon Ridge, is quite an entertaining romance novel with a healthy dash of intrigue and plotting. Catherine Coulter spins a great tale in this last book of her trilogy.
Dawn Livingston
Sep 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Lots of talking. Ragnor is supposed to be funny but I found him very annoying. Repetitive talk about how women are nothing and should be meek and submissive. I wasn't concerned that it was pushing this belief because the women are anything but meek and submissive, women's lib in the Viking era. I'm just annoyed at how repetitive it was.

I didn't care for any of the characters and there are lots. It was hard to keep track of them and I didn't like how they kept switching from one setting to
Solaris
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yep. I read this book many years ago, and I am not ashamed. It is good, and it is also hilarious!
Maureen Feeney
This is the story of Cleve The exslave, 5 years after Ravens Peak. Cleve is now Emmisary and has to arrange a marriage between Duke Rolo's son William and princess of Ireland Chessa. Chessa is attracted to Cleve immediately despite his scars. Cruel Lord Ragnor also wants Chessa and when he kidnaps her they end up on Hawkfell Island during a storm. Cleve is determined to bring Chessa to William but Chessa wants to marry no-one but Cleve. Meanwhile Cleve is having Dreams and now remembers his ...more
Laurie Hale
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this best out of the series. I really wish there was a 5th book because I'd like to know what happens with some of the characters and I know their stories would make another great book, oh well, maybe Catherine will read my review and get an idea :)
Jodi
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Meh - a bit too much dribble for my taste. Of course, I didn't start with the first book in the series but the tale seemed to stand on its own. Just too much of "helpless females swooning over men." I did enjoy reading about Loch Ness since I have been there and I could picture it in my head!
Debra McEathron
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This brought in some characters from this series. It deals with magicians, court intrigue, kidnappings, and true love.
Kathy VanStaalduinen
Had a hard time getting into this book. The first three were good but this one seemed less serious in the dialogue and alittle bit too goofy but I would still recommend the books
Amy Sanders
Nov 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Anna Mcfadden
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Cleve of Lord of Raven Peak first meets Chessa of Lord if Hawkfell Island when she is the princess of Ireland when he negotiates the wedding between Chessa and Prince William of Normandy, when Chessa is kidnapped by Rangor of York where he keeps her a prisoner on Hawkfell Island. Cleve sets out to rescue her but he wasn't ready for what Chessa has in mind.
Karen  Boruff
Sep 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I like Coulter's style, she is an excellent writter, but this was the end of the trilegy...lost the ump of the previous ones. Had to struggle in places to get thru it. More a finsih the series....than enjoy it. It's OK for a rainy or snowy afternoon...with nothing els.
Tammy
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historical romance
Shelves: 4-stars, donated
It has been ten years since I have read this final copy of the Viking series. The adventures of Cleve and Chessa are a delight. Full of adventure, a wide variety of characters, and that bit of humor that makes it a winner.
S Miller
Mar 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Vikings - Cleve & Chessa
Annette Meier
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one! The wit and banter is delightful! !
Kelsey
Jun 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Has to be one of my favorites. Wish she had written more in the Vikings set.
Kimberlyn
Jul 23, 2009 rated it it was ok
final in series... slow
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Really, do I need to say more than this is a Viking story? I went through a phase of wanting to read raping, pillaging and arrogant warrior men. So, I got the arrogant warrior man.
Sandie
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one.. As usual I read the last book in the series 1st. Now I have to find the others.. Ms. Coulter really keeps things moving and you don't want to put the books down..
Carol Anderson
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Viking Novels #4
Lesli
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: r-1995, fiction
Good not great. Fairly typical historical romance.
Darlene Schnoor
Jun 21, 2013
Caroline
Nov 23, 2018

• Sylvester
  • Interlude in Death (In Death, #12.5)
  • The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs #2)
  • Beautiful Tempest (Malory Family, #12)
  • As You Desire (Braxton, #1)
  • Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5)
  • Lady Whilton's Wedding
  • A Debt to Delia
  • An Early Engagement
  • Annie's Rainbow
  • Pretty Woman
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • Rose in Bloom (Sex and the Season #2)

Viking Era (4 books)
  • Season of the Sun (Viking, #1)
  • Lord of Hawkfell Island (Viking, #2)
  • Lord of Raven's Peak (Viking, #3)