Start by marking “Stories from the Plague Years” as Want to Read:
Stories from the Plague Years

Stories from the Plague Years

Stories from the Plague Years is the first fiction collection from award-winning fantasy author Michael Marano.

Nine tales are arranged in a haunting symphony that guides readers through a tour of the darkest landscapes of human existence. Here, fury and hate grow so strong, they cannot be held within one man's body, and manifest themselves to devastating effect. Cities
Hardcover, Limited Edition of 1000 signed copies bound in full cloth and Smyth sewn, 245 pages
Published January 11th 2011 by Cemetery Dance Publications (first published September 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Stories from the Plague Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories from the Plague Years

Start your review of Stories from the Plague Years
Kevin
Mar 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like Mike Marano's writing style; his ability to start a passage with a sentence that instantly hooks you is great. I agree with whatever reviewer wrote that Marano is a writer's writer. I think it takes a bit of experience writing to appreciate his writing, and even then, you have to want to feel an oppressive weight when you're reading. The weight of the world is on you, and there's no way to escape, but somebody's amused at your futile attempts to find a way to be successful. :)

Winter
Donald
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the seventh book in the Cemetery Dance Book Club 3.0 collection. This special signed edition is limited to 1000 copies.

Depths are explored which most would rather not read about. This is no beach book; this is a collection of shorts to be read in quiet isolation so that its immersive nature can be fully realized. Your tea will go cold and forgotten and time will slip away. This is the stuff writers look for to counter the emptying influence of lighter fare.

Thanks, Michael, for restoring
A. E. S.
To begin, THIS IS A VERY STRANGE COLLECTION. It is NOT for all readers, to put it lightly. It took me some getting used to, and I have plenty of experience. On a side note, does anyone know what happened to the two books that were supposed to be sequels to Dawn Song? One of them was called The Diaspora, and I can't find either anywhere, or any information about them. On another note, is there a reason Michael Marano doesn't have a Wikipedia page? I digress.

Displacement: Although this plot has
Kamela
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
A confession and caveat here that Mike is a good friend of mine; I was unreasonably thrilled when I finally reached the end of the book to find my name in the acknowledgments. That said, I want to give an honest review here, which is not unreservedly positive. It's a comment on the state of modern life that the part that causes the non-positivity is largely due to reader laziness, including mine. You might notice how long it took me to read this book, and the truth is, I think I entered it into ...more
Blu
Aug 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Michael Marano’s Stories from the Plague Years is a book that is going to challenge readers on multiple levels. In fact, it’s a challenge to write a review for it, because I have to balance my appreciation for the book’s depth against my belief that it’s not a book that everyone is going to enjoy. Read the rest of my review at http://theoctobercountry.wordpress.com.
Frances
Sep 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: collection, horror, sort, owned
(Note: this is actually an ARC.)
Erik