Start by marking “Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries, #3)

Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries #3)

Small-town reporter Peter Fontaine has a cherry job, a hunky artist boyfriend, and an insatiable lust for rooting out the truth. In this third installment of the Bellingham Mysteries, he and Nick must try to recover a stolen statue in time to host their big Halloween party.

The catch? The statue was created by Nick’s ex lover and to find the culprit, Peter must first delve
ebook, 1st Edition, 87 pages
Published October 2010 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Black Cat Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Cat Ink

Tam
Apr 17, 2012 Tam rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the this third in the series, although the mystery is less critical, a stolen statue and someone attacking black cats, no one being murdered here. A few times I found myself laughing out loud at Peter's forward statements. He just leaps right in, although his insatiable curiousity would make me crazy. He has to know everything, all the time and Nick more or less just sighs and goes along with it. You find out a bit more about Nick's relationship with his dead lover, the kitten is adora ...more
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
Jun 08, 2013 LiveYourLife BuyTheBook rated it it was amazing
Shelves: barb, loose-id
5 Stars

Love. This. Series. ♥♥
This is probably my favourite of the series so far because we learn more about Nick and we get to see the relationship between Nick and Peter getting even deeper and stronger.

Peter continues to crack me up with his inner "typing" of everything and that point where he realised that if he went into the house, Nick would follow and he honestly didn't want to risk Nick getting hurt. That was huge, for me.

As for the kitten.... well last book had Peter and Nick shaving
Kade Boehme
Sep 01, 2014 Kade Boehme rated it really liked it
Hm for it to make such a big deal out of Nick perhaps finally opening up about his past I don't feel like we got much info other than the one that was an easy way to explain that nicks decades long relationship wasn't as it seemed. Idk.
Rosa
Jun 23, 2017 Rosa rated it liked it
Shelves: books, read-in-2017
I also liked this one. You learn more about Nick past, and Peter is his usual nosy self. But my favourite part of this one isn't the main characters nor the mystery but Gigi, the cat. I absolutely loved her. One of my black cats is also called "Jiji" and she acts exactly the same ;)
Ulysses Dietz
Aug 07, 2013 Ulysses Dietz rated it really liked it
Here we are in year three of the Nick and Peter saga. And it's good.

The title-related theme is black - and not just black cats, but ink-dark shadows - things about Nick that Peter didn't know and, frankly, hasn't wanted to ask. But Peter has some unspoken feelings of his own, as he jockeys with Walter deKamp's psychic ghost and tries to find a way to live in the dead artist's house. The house becomes the symbol of the power of the past in their relationship.

Oddly enough, it's another piece of
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
This series is still a lot of fun. Great writing and light humor are a trademark of the author. This story introduces a lot of elements and during the plot they all come together in a surreal way. Peter and Nick have been together for some time, but they still have something to work out and things to discover about their lover. Peter has finally told Nick what's making his uncomfortable in their relationship, but he has also shown that he can have something special which is only theirs, making h ...more
Katharina
Jun 24, 2013 Katharina rated it really liked it
Oi, Peter, Peter, Peter. How much do you ever strike my fancy. And Nick. Yeah, you too.

That being said, this story was a bit slower for me than the first two installments and while I enjoyed it thoroughly (primarily because of the two factors mentioned above), it just didn't leave me giggling and beaming as much as the other two. It was interesting to delve into Nick's background, though, and it definitely helped me to understand his character better. The mystery part was again not the most imp
KC
Jun 02, 2013 KC rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mystery
I enjoyed this 3rd installment best so far - learning more about Nick, watching Peter mature and debate and compose articles, it was serious and funny and sweet. Love this series! I really enjoy the good balance between mystery plot, slowly discovering things about the protags, the sweetness, and the humor.
Karen Wellsbury
Mar 03, 2016 Karen Wellsbury rated it really liked it
Everyone of these stories is a little insight into Peter and Nick's life, with Peter's internal copy still carrying on, and Nick being nordically inscrutable- although he's getting more and more open.
The getting and keeping of the kitten was sweet.

These get stronger and stronger
Anke
May 28, 2011 Anke rated it really liked it
Very nice, engaging and funny read. Although the 'mystery' wasn't really there, the relationship was there all the more.
Susana
Feb 23, 2017 Susana rated it it was amazing
Kassa
Dec 05, 2010 Kassa rated it liked it

Black Cat Ink is the third book in the Bellingham Mysteries involving intrepid reporter Peter Fontaine and his artist boyfriend Nick. This serves as a fun, entertaining story for fans to revisit good characters without needing to read the previous books. You certainly can and most likely would appreciate Peter and his almost pathological curiosity more if you’ve read all books in order, but it’s not strictly necessary. Instead this cool fall novella fits perfectly with the weather for
Edina Rose
May 27, 2011 Edina Rose rated it really liked it

This book is refreshing, witty and funny. I should precise I read it as a standalone.

I liked it a lot. It made me think a bit of Ethan Day writing and characters. It is light, witty, funny, sarcastic, the characters, especially Peter's character is amazing.

Peter is the kind of guy curiosity will kill one day. He can't help himself. It is endearing... as long as you are not the one he is squeezing for information! He is also, as a journalist, witty, very imaginative and sarcastic. He is
Maggie
Jul 15, 2012 Maggie rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5

I really enjoyed this 3rd book in the Bellingham Mystery series. It was a pleasure to see Peter and Nick settled in together in a long-term relationship. Loved that we got to see more of Nick’s past. He opens up in this book and it is easier to understand how his past has shaped who he is now. Again, the humor was present throughout the story and I actually laughed out loud a few times. As the mystery twisted and turned, it kept me pulled into the story and quickly turning the pages to
Meraehl
Jan 08, 2011 Meraehl rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet and amusing story. Nice to have more Nick and Peter and see them become more domestic. I really enjoyed the skillfully written moments of connection between Nick and Peter which were very charming. Conflict - Peter's insecurity regarding Nick's previous husband - was touched on, but not wallowed in. So there seemed to be less conflict than previous books, and more slapstick comedy. A briskly paced, fun, enjoyable story.
Suze
Mar 16, 2016 Suze rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery of the missing penile sculpture, the mystery of Shawn's disapperance and the mystery of the kittens missing fur - all pulled together by 'rush straight in' Peter and 'steady as she goes' Nick.
Much more about Peter and Nick together than the three (or is it one) mysteries - enjoyable but felt more of a filler.
Meggie
Apr 25, 2012 Meggie rated it really liked it
This third part in "Bellingham Mystery" was enjoyable continuance of Peter and Nick daily life in their small city. Peter was as always full of curious energy, pulling thoughts and high intelligence. I liked this part, it was fresh and funny.
Snowtulip
Sep 14, 2011 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, own
I continue to absolutely love Peter...actually I think I love him more and more with each book. This is one of those stories that I know I will pull out in the future when I need to put a real smile on my face.
Olga
Oct 14, 2012 Olga rated it really liked it
Really nice short stories! These have everything I might have asked for: curious adventure, humour and personal little quirks of the characters. Nothing exceptionally deep but for s handful of pages still very entertaining.
Sherry
Jan 09, 2012 Sherry rated it really liked it
I read all 3 of them today and enjoyed them immensely. They're light-hearted and not overly convoluted or angsty. Good plots that engaged me immediately and I hope she has more stories for Peter and Nick (and Gigi!)
Chris
Jan 02, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Good m/m romantic suspense in which our artist and investigative reporter search for a stolen penis statue and acquire a black kitten.
Teresa
Hilarious and entertaining. I loved GiGi and Miranda. The crime wasn't horrendously tragic but the solving was fast paced and unpredictable. I am loving this series.
Diana
May 27, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it
Another great little mystery story. I really enjoy Peter and Nicks' relationship. They don't have much baggage and really respect and care for each other. This is a fun series.
Danielle
Jun 17, 2011 Danielle rated it did not like it
This series was disappointing, given how much I enjoyed Turnskin & Happy Snak by the same author.
Theodora IK
Nov 04, 2015 Theodora IK rated it it was amazing
This series gets more and more interesting. I love Peter. What comes out of his mouth is precious. I laughed out loud a few times.
Stephanie
Funny, subtle one-liners.
Aniko
Feb 22, 2012 Aniko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Dark Horse  (The Dark Horse, #1)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Dead in the Desert (L.A. Paranormal, #3)

Bellingham Mysteries (6 books)
  • Primal Red (Bellingham Mysteries, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Bellingham Mysteries, #2)
  • One Man's Treasure (Bellingham Mysteries, #4)
  • Birds of a Feather (Bellingham Mysteries, #5)
  • Pentimento Blues (Bellingham Mysteries, #6)