Start by marking “Orange Juice and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Orange Juice and Other Stories

Orange Juice and Other Stories

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Nine short stories and very short stories about what it's like.
Paperback, 1, 66 pages
Published October 2010 by Awesome Machine Press

To ask other readers questions about Orange Juice and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orange Juice and Other Stories

Daniel
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
short, quick stories that are so simply stated to make them cinematic in the way that a cassavetes film slows down reality and allows its characters to live each and every moment in full public view. the emotions seem both strong and weak, which is what makes them so powerful. i liked this book a lot.
Leyla Shams
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It’s always slightly uncomfortable when a friend introduces you to his or her ‘creative work,’ something that occurs quite frequently when you’re living in Austin, Texas. I have my own fair share of ‘creative’ friends, and although I’m often genuinely impressed by their creations, over the years I find myself hoping a bit too often that my (often harsh, judgmental) opinion of the friend’s particular work won’t prevent me from saying ‘oh, that’s…awesome’ without at least a scrap of honesty.

I have
Jamie Gaughran-Perez
Oct 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
The stories in this one are quick, and certainly aren't swinging for the fences. In today's hyper-sped, hyper-hyped world you have to take a deep breath before you crack open these vignettes of guys (and some gals) who aren't going to change the world. So take a breath, turn off your ringer, and check out "Infinity Gauntlet" or "Driver's License." bonus for me? Reminded me of how glad I am to be beyond my 20s (re the characters in the stories -- i know nothing about Timothy Willis Sanders -- and ...more
Joseph Young
Oct 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Form following function, function following form. An uncomortable stuntedness in length, character, feeling. Amidst that stuntedness the stories are hard to like, exactly, though enjoyment in that sense is perhaps beside the point, that point being discomfort. They are good stories and well done.
Christopher
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A selection of very short stories - perhaps just a few 100 words each. The author has an uncanny ability to vividly bring characters and situations alive using a very few carefully chosen words. Recommended.
Deena
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Yes! Sanders has honed in on a simple style, with much to read between the lines. Story after story, you realize just how much he has perfected his voice. Modern, humorous, and easy to read - but not for a lack of seasoned emotional content. Just wait for it.
Adam
Oct 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
These are really enriching stories that unfold the more I read and think about them. My favorite is "Driver's License," but my favorites change quickly and all the stories are great.
Brooks
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"I want Marcel to tell me if there are heads at the bottom of the river."
Merzbau
Aug 16, 2011 rated it liked it
my favorite story was "You Have a Crush on Kellz", that story alone is worth reading the book
Alb
Nov 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A bold, fresh voice! I highly recommend these well crafted, entertaining stories.
Matthew
Nov 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
A beautiful, all-too-brief book.
Meagan