Start by marking “Love's Encore” as Want to Read:
Love's Encore

Love's Encore

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  2,138 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
In one reckless night, Camille Jameson’s life was changed forever: a tall, handsome stranger, an evening of romance—and enough regrets to last a lifetime. Two years later, Camille is a successful interior decorator with the opportunity to restore one of Mississippi’s proudest plantations. She arrives excited and eager to face her greatest professional challenge to date—unt ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Love's Encore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Encore

♥Sharon♥
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

photo PicMonkeyCollage_zps1fdfff7b.jpg

By now you must know that one of my recent favorite authors is Sandra Brown. This is my 17th book by her. I have read a variety of her books; old and new and for me my favorite’s land within the late 1990’s through her current books.

Love’s Encore is a romance novel and was originally published back in the early 1980’s so you have to get yourself in that mindset when you start reading it. There is something to be said about the way romance novels were written thirty years ago. It wasn’
Mo
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is almost 40 years old. Can you tell? Definitely. It was a different era back then for romance authors. It is a bit cheesy and corny, but sometimes the brain is only in the mood for that. I was kinda tired yesterday and didn't want to use too many brain cells while reading so this fit the picture for me.

He is a bit of an asshole. She is a bit of a doormat. A few eye-rolling moments.

The kiss was tender, but masterful. She didn't feel plundered, but rather discovered.

Yeah, I rolled my
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
The h/H meet and have a holiday romance/ons and then the h runs away while he’s still asleep. Now they meet again 2 yrs later when she takes up a commission to renovate a colonial mansion in Mississippi, and of course her employer’s son turns out to the H.

This book had some old-world moral code in it, especially coming from the h. The H and his father showed some southern sensibilities but nothing like our girl here.
“ I . . . I was . . . ashamed, humiliated. I went to bed with a perfect stranger
Christine
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book was everything trite and meaningless about romance. Neither Camille nor Zack, at any point in the book, lifted one finger to try to achieve their own happiness. This was one big self-pity fest, complete with obvious misunderstandings, idiotic self-righteousness, and a series of deus ex machinas to bring the pair together. Ah...fate...how kind you will always assuredly be to two people who are meant to be. They fell in love at first sight and he has some kind of magical power to make he ...more
Heather
Jan 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This novel has almost everything I despise about a badly done romance novel. I'm not buying the whole "You seduced me, I was innocent" B.S. Um, you enjoyed yourself and then jumped to conclusions honey! And the silly back and forth where they kiss passionately, and then she's all angry at him but she was an equal participant in the whole situation. I have got to, at least, be able to root for the couple. Instead I feel like I'd like to put their heads in a bucket and kick them around the room. T ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!

This book was written beautifully. Though Sandra Brown always mentioned Camille's breasts and that kind of bothered me. But over all it was great! I found that Zack was a little superficial but his personality and sense of humor made you fall in love with him and the book. It was very good I enjoyed every second of reading the book.

Also recommended: All books of Phyllis A. Whitney's is strongly recommended. And Angel Creek by Linda Howard, Kindom of Dreams, and Perfect by Judith McNaught

Join my
Julie Barrett
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love's Encore by Sandra Brown
Rayburn Prescott hires interior designer Camille.
She is amazed when she meets his son, Zach-who she had met once in Utah skiing after she had graduated from college.
She was to stay at the plantation while it was restored. She never wanted to meet Zach again and wonders if she can do her job with Zach around...
Love detailed descriptions of not only the estate of the driving tours, gardens but the skiing lodge in Utah.
Hot steamy sex scenes add to this story. Zach take
Judy Churchill
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometime you are just in the mood for an easy, happy ending story. This one captivated me from the start. The book is set in the South - Natchez. Talks about the historic mansions and the beauty of the foliage. The characters in the story are lovely. I feel like they are friends and was sad for the book to end.
Holly
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was it attractive in the 80s to be insipid? What about insufferably arrogant? These were really annoying protagonists.
Emily
Two years ago Camille Jameson acted on an impulse and slept with Zack Prescott. Having been an innocent, Camille freaked and left before he woke up. Now Camille is designing his families Mississippi plantation and Zack wants answers.

Zack wants to know why Camille left, she was what he believed his one but he never got the chance to explore if it was true. Zack can readily admit he is baiting Camille, she is frustrated but so is Zack. He wants her, but both Camille and Zack need to let their pri
Rebecca
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This was such a great read from beginning to end. The passion between Zack and Camille was so wonderful. With each book of Sandra Brown I become a bigger fan. I would highly recommend this book.
Wendell Hennan
Camille is an Interior Decorator and takes a contract with Rayburn to fully redecorate his southern mansion, Bridal Wreath. Upon arrival she meets his son Zack whom she encountered two years earlier on a ski trip. A somewhat shallow story which drags as both stubbornly avoid their real feelings and communication. Not one of her better books.
Jannah
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liked the plot. A romantic story but still has a few twists to keep you intrigued and wanting to keep reading. The visualization of the area and the buildings makes you feel like you're really seeing them/
Beverly
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the setting of this book. Got anger with both main characters because of their stubbornness. Happy with the twist at the end that brought them together. It did seem rather abrupt for an ending since the book took so much time with their separation. Will continue to read Sandra Brown
Julie
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love's Encore by Sandra Brown is a 2014 Grand Central Publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Camille was on a ski trip with a couple of friends after graduation when she met Zack. A night of passion caused Camille to panic and she left Zack without explaination. Now two years have passed and Camille has been offered a job restoring an old antebellum home in Nachez, Mississippi. The very last person on earth she expected to encounter was Zack. His father
Dee McGee
*I was given a complimentary copy of Love's Encore for an honest review.

Love’s Encore is a second chance romance. Camille Jameson owns her own decorating business with her mother. Commissioned by the Rayburn Prescott, she gets the chance to renovate a Louisiana plantation house. Little does she know that the estate she will be working on is home to the one guy that she really loved…then ran from! Why Camille? He was totally into you! Camille see Zack Prescott again, sparks fly, and then they pro
Ylva
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemp-romance
This is Sandra Brown's debut novel, and as such I wasn't expecting a masterpiece. This certainly was not.

I docked three stars for two main reasons:

1) The whole plot hinges on the heroine making assumptions about the hero and what he's thinking, yet she doesn't confront him about these grievances. Worse - sometimes these assumptions don't even really match his behaviour. It's like she's just willfully contrary towards the latter half. He on the other hand, not being a telepath, can't really fol
Julie Bain
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgia native Camille gets the dream job redecorating an antebellum house in Natchez Mississippi. Little does she know that Zachary Prescott, the only man she has ever really been with, is heir to this illustrious home.
They butt heads from page 1 all the way till a literal brick knocks poor Camille over the head. Thankfully knocking sense into her.

What I love about this book:

If you have not experienced firsthand "southern hospitality", you'll fall in love with Rayburn Prescott's( Zachary's fa
OceMei Belikova♥
Camille Jameson harus kembali mengingat masa lalunya ketika ia disewa untuk mendekorasi ulang Bridal Wreath miliki Raybrun Prescott. Ia tak pernah menyangka bahwa ia akan kembali bertemu dengan Zack, lelaki yang pernah singgah di hatinya. Zack adalah putra tunggal Rayburn. Pertemuan itu membuat mereka berdua canggung. Tapi Zack segera memulihkan diri dan mulai mengejek Camille.

Pertemuan singkat mereka dulu ternyata menorehkan cerita tersendiri bagi Zack dan Cammile. Awalnya Camille membenci Zack
Kristine Hansen
For an older book, this one held together really well under modern scrutiny. The plot of girl meets boy that she's met before (with embarrassing results) through a chain of events no one could have predicted is an old storyline, but a good one. I enjoyed the fact that Camille was an interior designer restoring a beautiful old home in Natchez as I've toured down there before and can only imagine what fun a project like that would be. And of course the backup cast of love interest's father, and th ...more
Melissa Jackson
A friend won this from Goodreads, but she handed it over to me, as she's not a fan of audiobooks.

I listened to Love's Encore on a mini vacation to the beach. This is not the type of thing I usually "read," and I was a little leery to give it a go. It ended up being a really fun way to pass the time.

The plot is just... silly. There's really not another word for it. Most of Camille's reasoning for things didn't make much sense. Zach saved it for the most part.

As for the performance of the reader
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Bukunya bagus, khas Sandra Brown classic romance lah. Bertemu seseorang setelah kabur begitu saja pada pertemuan pertama pasti bikin seseorang merasa serba salah.

Yah, ini yang dirasakan Camille saat bertemu kembali dengan Zack Prescott. Perpisahan mereka memang tidak mengenakkan, Camille kabur begitu saja di tengah malam buta, tanpa pemberitahuan atau surat kepada Zack.

Tak disangka, 2 tahun kemudian Camille diminta untuk mendekor ulang rumah Mr. Prescott yang tak lain tak bukan adalah ayah Zack
Eky
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Buku ini sengaja saya pilih untuk dibaca biar nggak 'jetlag' setelah saya membaca The Friday Knitting Club nya Kate Jacobs yang agak mengharu biru. Sejauh ini tidak mengecewakan karena ceritanya ringan dengan akhiran yang sudah bisa ketebak. Dan considering bahwa buku ini diterbitkan 20 tahun yang lalu, banyak norma-norma dan values kuno yang saat ini sudah tidak diindahkan lagi oleh orang-orang Amerika (dimana novel ini bersetting)jaman sekarang, salah satunya adalah mengenai virginity dimana p ...more
Lyn Richards
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
Set in a southern atmosphere full of manners and the beautiful surrounds of a Southern Plantation, Camille is hired to renovate an old homestead by Mr Prescott. The house is magical to Camille and she feels a sense of belonging in the old home. Enter Mr Prescott's son Zack with whom Camille has had a brief interlude with 2 years prior....their love is undeniable.

Whilst this book was your typical boy meets girl, something gets in the way of their obvious love.....well several times and as the rea
Gina Briganti
I love seeing where an author started, which is why I read "Love's Encore." I like to see where an author's innate talent showed up, and what they added along the way. Love's Encore was great for satisfying that curiosity.

I admire Brown's twisty-turny plots in her later books, and I saw the beginnings of that here. I also saw the way that Brown, like one of my other favorite authors, Nora Roberts, started off writing traditional 1980's romances.

Brown delivered romance. She delivered fleshed-out
Bekah
Jan 09, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a stupid book. The heroine was an idiot. I realize it came out in 81, but good grief, some of the things out of her mouth sounded like it was 1881 instead of 1981! And the impromptu idiot wedding. This is one of those books with the "BIG" misunderstanding between the two that is so infuriating and idiotic. The whole, "You mean THAT'S WHY you did that, and you really do love me?!" idiocy is really just an insult to my intelligence. I can understand that sort of misunderstanding happ ...more
Rocky
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this through Goodreads First Reads.

Love's Encore is a very typical romance novel. I just happened to be in the mood for one, so I did enjoy the book.

This Sandra Brown story was a little shorter than her usual.

Camille the main female character has been hired to restore an aging estate. When Camille arrives she finds Zack who is a man with whom she had a one-night stand while on vacation a couple of yeas ago. Zack is heir to the estate. So begins the romance.

I was surprised to learn th
Brinda
Jan 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through Goodreads first reads. It's good for what it is, which is a plain old romance novel. Sure, Camille can be pretty stupid, but who can think clearly when their own insecurities get in the way? Then there's Zack and his pride. It's fun to go along for the ride while these two get their act together.
Jennifer M
This book could have been better if Camille was not so annoying and refused to believe Zack could love her. 90% of the book is about her denying how she feels for him and every time he tried to show her something more she would just make another excuse why he could not love her........uugghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just have sex and admit your feelings already!!
pianogal
These characters are some of the dumbest, most poorly written characters. All they did was fight the whole time. And she can say no to changing paint color, but not a forced wedding?!?! Really? Ugh. Glad this one is over. And the ending was SOOO predictable. Liked the initial concept, but it devolved from there.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Fulfillment
  • Dream of Me
  • In The Flesh (Soul, #2)
  • Legendary Lover
  • The Bride Assignment - Calon Istri Sang CEO
  • The Counterfeit Marriage
  • The Pregnancy Proposal - Pinangan Sang Milyarder
  • Smokescreen Marriage - Pernikahan Semu

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
More about Sandra Brown

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Sunshine
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
  • The Last Move
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Turn, Right Direction (The Bourbon Street Boys, #4)
  • I've Got Your Number
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Wild Swans
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Highland Surrender
  • Voyage of the Heart
  • Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
  • Even the Score
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner, #5)
  • 180 Seconds
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 8 Bodies is Enough (Body Movers, #8)
    $6.99 $2.49