Start by marking “State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)” as Want to Read:
State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)

State of Siege

(Tom Clancy's Op-Center #6)

Driven by greed, a group of U.N. peacekeeping soldiers becomes involved in activities on the wrong side of the law. When their tour of duty ends, the mayhem begins. Calling themselves the "Keepers," the rogue soldiers -- outfitted with stolen U.N. arms and ammunition -- devise a shocking scheme to get the world's attention...

Meanwhile, Op-Center head Paul Hood has cleared

Published June 7th 1999 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about State of Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about State of Siege

Matt
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
After living through the hypocrisy of being a part of a United Nations security force, a band of mercenaries decide to strike at the organization itself and unknowingly take resigning Op-Center director Paul Hood’s daughter hostage. State of Siege, is the sixth book of the Op-Center series written by Jeff Rovin, ghosting for the titular Tom Clancy, finds Paul Hood in the middle of a hostage situation as his daughter is being held in the Security Council after cleaning out his desk and hoping to ...more
Sameer
Jun 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
I am a long time Clancy Fan. At least for the books he actually DID Write. Those I have read every last one up to and including Threat Vector and love them immensely. Also I do actually like Net Force story line as well (Even there too the distracting Marriage Counselor role is thrust on me.).

The Op center Series in general and this one in particular Grated on my nerves. Given bellow are some of the points that I hate about this Book and the Series in general.

1. Unlike Rainbow Six, here you have
Jonah
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is fantastic and I love how it twists and turns through the entire book. The book starts out slow but for the remainder of the book you never stop seeing new information or having your heart nearly stop out of shock for what just happened. I love this entire series and especially this book. I never could've thought of the plot going the way it did and there are great repercussions for the rest of the series.
Tom
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
The first and most important event in this book, is when a group of terrorists, break into the united nations building, and hold the embassies as hostages. There is a man who is retiring from a job in a government named Paul hood, and his daughter is in the room. He is trying to get some people together to go save the kids and delegates. Some of the people that he works with all get together, and they end up saving all the kids and it’s all good in the end.
There is a lot of people in this book,
David
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So far in the Op-Center series this Novel was the least interesting to read. This one seemed like it was more of a filler to explain the private life of Paul Hood the boss of Op-Center with a major world event that put him and his family in the center of it. It had way too much personnel back story and family story and just didn't seem to fit this series. There was a few story hooks that would have been nice to have played out more, but were just dropped. At this point the only reason I would re ...more
Donna
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge-2018
The UN has been invaded with a bunch of teen age girls in it to give a concert. When the invaders start killing people Paul and 2 other op-center men go in to save the people one of which is Paul's daughter
Christopher DuMont
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book - very quick read - ending definitely leaves you hanging for the next one - consistent with all the previous ones and is somewhat predictable- still worth the read
chris marsh
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Such an amazing book, so much different cultures and action. History was revealed about things that I didn't know and was very interesting.
Angela Owens
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All of his books are exceptional!!! This one had me "hooked" to the end!!" Couldn't put it down...but, it does scare me of what could happen in "today's" world!!
Adiana Ray
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review of Tom Clancy’s Op-Centre ‘State Of Siege’ by Jeff Rovin

Paul Hood the erstwhile head of The Op-Centre has resigned so that he can try and put his flailing personal life back on track. He leaves behind an organization with a impressive success ratio in all their endeavors to save the world. Yet even as his professional life shines his personal life is dismal. In a desperate bid to make amends, he takes his family for a trip to New York where his eldest daughter will be performing as part o
Dark-Draco
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I did enjoy it. It's one of a series of books about an elite US Striker force that can be deployed all over the world to 'help' American interests, but this one is personal. Paul Hood, leader of the Op-Centre, has retired to give his failing marriage another go. Him, his wife and son travel to New York where his daughter, Hayleigh, has been chosen to play her violin for a United Nations conference. But a group of ex-soldiers have decided to target the UN building, taking the children and the dip ...more
Bill Lindsay
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gunmen take hostages in the United Nations. Very good, fast paced thriller
Dan
Jul 21, 2008 marked it as given-up-reading
Well, it's not often that I don't finish a book I start reading, but sometimes you have to make an exception.

This is the first time I've read (or attempted to read) one of these Tom Clancy books (though it's not actually written by him) and I wasn't impressed sadly.

The writing was ok, nothing special, but far too many characters and back stories were introduced too quickly and rather clumbsily, so you didn't have time to work out who was who before another character popped up and started to bore
Mike
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am new to the op center series, beginning this book I was hooked immediately. It gives the reader a sense of tension coming from the terrorists point of view, the hostages, op center, and tension from many other charcters point of view. There are quite a few charcters to keep track of; that being said the twists and turns the book takes makes it pretty easy to remember all the charcters and their backgrounds. I would reccomend this book it had alot of action and was very hard to put down haha.
Subhodeep Bandopadhyay
Never read a Tom Clancy novel and this was not written by him either.

A good read in the sense that it keeps you on your toes but the level of detail that you expect from books of these kinds are simply not there.

It is too simplistic to say the least. The kidnappers are more like robots that normal human beings and also there is far too less human element in the entire book.

Also not having read the previous books is obviously a hindrance.
Mikhael Belanger
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Tom Clancy book. Even though it is not written only by Clancy and it has no link with the Ryan universe, I still loved this introduction to the politico-thriller style. I went on to read just about everything from Clancy in the following months.

I do not remember the story all that well, but I remember going through it in a single night. I think this is a good enough seal of approval.
Levent Mollamustafaoglu
Acceptable book from Tom Clancy's Op-Center series. Each book in this series is written by a different writer and I am not sure what Clancy's role was (apart from inventing the series). In this one terrorists are targeting the United Nations building in New York while the Op-Center Director is leaving to pursue another career. But he, his wife and teenage daughter are part of a music performance and reception at the UN while the terrorist attack unfolds.

Readable, but not special....
Christopher
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really like the narrative in the Op-Center series, and the characters are interesting, for the most part. This entry of the series is the weakest on the narrative side, so far. The idea of diplomacy being a poor substitute for action is constant in these books, so no surprises there. But I was shocked by the giant hole in the story: why didn't the spy tell the bad guy his target wasn't in the room? It's a basic logical error one rarely sees in a Clancy novel. Or maybe I'm missing something??
Phillip
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best in the series, It brings hits a little closer to home the head of Op-Center's daughter is performing at a function where terrorists take the building and Paul Hood, Head of Op-Center has to figure out how to handle the situation and save his daughter and several others.
Delan
Sep 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults (Intense violence and language)
Compliments: Very good action pack. Though it's kind of not possible that the terrorists can take over United Nation but that makes it exciting. It's kind scary for a kid to be hostage at United Nation. Paul, a op-center worker, had to rescue his daughter from the hostages.
Lydia Hale
Mar 15, 2011 rated it liked it
I don't normally read books like this about terrorists and espionage. It was enjoyable, but I couldn't read books like this all the time, I'd get bored! Give me a good old fashioned Jane Austen novel instead!
Jeffrey Powell
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it
fine. uncomplicated. okay airplane read.
Kenzie Gordon
Apr 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
Horrible - bad writing, bad dialogue, gag-inducing Americana and glorification of violence. My first Tom Clancy book and most certainly my last!
Ayelet
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Interesting combination of characters all coming together. It is sad how ineffectual the UN comes off.
Juan Navarro
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Jeff Rovin saw he crossed the fiction-fantasy boundary in the last book and wanted to do something more credible in this one. i was a nice read
Elizabeth
Nov 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-2013
Matt Stanton
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one.
Clyn
Jan 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
Simplistic plot, short underdeveloped characters and situations.
Fittytiff
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read this so long ago. But now going through my books and getting rid of some!
Travis Phillips
As excellent as the rest.
please add the book cover 1 1 May 23, 2015 11:44AM

• Shadow Watch (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #3)
  • Night Moves (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #3)
  • Fallout (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #4)
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • Private Lives (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #9)
  • The Deadliest Game (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #2)

Tom Clancy's Op-Center (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1)
  • Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)
  • Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)
  • Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4)
  • Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5)
  • Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Call to Treason (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #11)