Start by marking “The Art of Exceptional Living” as Want to Read:
The Art of Exceptional Living

The Art of Exceptional Living

Begin by making your life a work of art. You don't have to be a super-achiever. You don't have to be unusually creative. You don't have to endure great obstacles. According to success expert, Jim Rohn, you don't have to do exceptional things at all. Just do ordinary things exceptionally well. That's The Art of Exceptional Living.

There are things you can, should and must

Audiobook, Abridged, 0 pages
Published March 1st 2003 by Simon Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Exceptional Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Exceptional Living

Start your review of The Art of Exceptional Living
Heidi The Reader
Nearly every house valued over $200,000 has a library in it. Now why do you think that is?

Jim Rohn, motivational speaker and business genius, was almost a kinder, gentler Tony Robbins. Originally from Iowa, he uses common sense and a storytelling style in an effort to encourage listeners to improve their lives. This audiobook presentation is a mix of live presentations and studio-recorded bits. Personally, I think he was better in front of a live audience, but there was plenty to take away from
Chris
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I can only say that this was the book that has changed my thinking about my life. I actually had this book on CD, and because of me traveling with my job, i was able to listen to this book many times. One day, it made sense that i should be expanding my thinking, my knowledge, my understandings, and so here i am on this site, reviewing books, gathering the information on books, and adding to my future read list.
Monica Kim: Reader in Emerald City
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I was first introduced to Jim Rohn in college, and he’s such a fantastic motivator. According to success expert, Jim Rohn, “you don't have to do exceptional things at all. Just do ordinary things exceptionally well. That's The Art of Exceptional Living.” Short, basic information, but powerful ideas to ponder & implement. He reiterates to work on yourself continuously & do your best in every situation. I think about the famous quote by Howard Thurman, “Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask ...more
Amir Tesla
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: success
Jim Rohn it the most influential author whose material I've consumed so far. Be a student of Jim Rohn if you desire a higher order of thinking.
Loy Machedo
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loy Machedo's Educational Program Review - The Art of Exceptional Living by Jim Rohn

The Art of Exceptional Living is a 2 CD educational speech complied by Jim Rohn which has bits and pieces of his program which he delivered both from the recording studio as well as on stage in front of a live audience.

What surprised me was the intensity, the sincerity & the passion that came across from his delivery. The content was rich and the message truly thought provoking. In fact, I found it simply amazing
Alastair
The reason I love this book so much, is because it is almost like "The Best of Jim Rohn." If you ever have a chance to listen to the audio book series of the same name, it is actually a collection of several of Jim's seminars put together in a "sledge hammer" of self revelation & personal development. ...more
Lauren
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audiobook version and while outdated, it has some relevant and helpful tips.
Rachel Chavez-Gonzalez
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very realistic and relatable. Enjoyed every chapter. I have to new outlook on life.
Zena
Aug 28, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: ANYBODY!
Jim Rohn is an excellent motivator who really helps you to understand its not the storms in life that truly matter but how you set your sail in that storm that counts!
James Briggs
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I only rate books that have literally changed my life or moved my five stars, but then I have a wide range of 4 star rankings, anything 3 or below I probably wouldn't ever read again, but a 3 star review might not mean I hated it, but it doesn't mean I liked it either. Anyway, that is all besides the point...What I am trying to say is that this is book was on the high end of a 4 star book.
Jim Rohn is very enjoyable with good insights. He presents a lot of what everyone else is presenting it, bu
Mike Sambuco
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This really shines the light on our thinking and personal philosophy, and how our daily actions and habits either help us, or hurt us, in the long run. There is a lot of simple information that anyone can relate to, delivered in his unique style, that turns out to be rather profound in the effects on our lives. Such as, the "apple a day" analogy and our health, versus "a Hershey bar a day." Taking this to heart and applying this to my life, I have dropped 15 pounds in the past few weeks due to c ...more
Paul
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've listened to other Jim Rohn programs the past couple months. This one and the others are quite repetitive; same core ideas, same overall stories. It would not be fair to say that if you've gone through one program, you've gone through the rest, but if you did not enjoy Jim Rohn in his other programs, it is unlikely you will enjoy him now in this one. I really loved his other programs and although I find the leaning on the same material unnecessary, listening repeatedly to the same principles ...more
Emily
Mar 14, 2010 rated it liked it
This guys voice is one of the most distinctive I have heard in a while. However the message is great. Rohn centers on the theme of "work harder on yourself than on your job". Lots of daily affirmations to keep up with (apple a day, walk, healthy living = positive attitude).

--Audio Book
Holly
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Every once in a while I let Travis talk me into a motivational book. This was worth it though:)
Sal
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My favorite mentor and life coach. When you read his books or listen to his tapes, you're basically learning from a master.
James
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Listened to on CD. Good starting points, slightly dated but a lot of valuable information. Probably an inspiration for Dave Ramsey. If you are a fan of his, this should be worth checking out.
Joey Doughty
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology, favorites
The Art of Exceptional Living is one of those books where listening to the audiobook version makes it even better. Jim Rohn's lighthearted but firm attitude about how one can improve their perspective (the main point of the book) is refreshing. This is a book that I will definitely be returning to!
Blundell
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting "self help" book, in that it was written so long ago you can see where all the other books get it from! :-) It said nothing more than think positively and be organised. And yet I still liked it, I must be getting old and sedate. I listened to the audio version.
Marion McGeough
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book several years ago whilst driving back and forth to work. This book can be a life changer for those who want to learn to think and act differently. For others who simply want someone to wave a magic wand over them and make life better it will not work, but then again, nothing else will either.
I think that this book gets you thinking, far too many people have the idea that if only they had something else, a new car, a different house,lived in a different place, had another
Loy Machedo
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

anna b
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Rather enjoyable content but his voice is extremely annoying. Interesting that Rohn keeps reiterating phrases to a hypnotic effect. I guest most motivational speaker probably adopt the same kind of approach.
Terry Koressel
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've listened to "The Art of Exceptional Living" twice now....once in the 1980's and now in 2015 as I approach my 56th birthdate. The second listen was just as powerfully motivating as the first. The title describes accurately and concisely the subject matter of the book. Jim Rohn is obsessed with discovering the simple truths of living an exceptional life. Don't be scared away....they are truly "simple" truths. What makes Jim Rohn such an expert on life? Great question! The answer: Jim Rohn, un ...more
Matthew Wetmore
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Exceptional Living changed my perspective of my own life. It transformed the way I thought about myself and the life I was living. I was blaming other people and things for my failures. Through extensive reflection and self-discipline, I've transformed my life and know that success is coming my way. I've been able to incorporate habits into my daily routine to dramatically increase my production capability each day. I used Audible to listen to this book and have since gone through it ...more
Julia
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
This series of delightfully powerful talks by Jim Rohn is outstanding. It is a collection that I will certainly listen to several times over. His passion and unique presentation style are compelling. I love his references to how he started out in his early adult life on the wrong track, but that when he learned the very principles that he shares here, he was able to turn his whole life around. He gives frequent humble credit for this learning to a mentor who took a personal interest in him.

I lis
Vanessa
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is short and sweet. It seems to be a compilation of talks that Jim Rohn has given. You can tell how passionate he is about his work - he was very inspirational.

The biggest pieces of advice that I got from listening to this book are: 1) work harder on yourself than you do on your job (because you are your biggest asset), and 2) Read, read, read: readers are leaders (yay!).

I think you'll enjoy this short production, too!
Omar M. Khateeb
A life changing book that really lights a fire under you! Jim speaks from a position of care and inspiration, but he drives home the point that you cant just be enthusiastic, you have to be disciplined! My biggest key takeaway is that you have to develop a habit of "Finding out" and study constantly, and then always be disciplined and keep your promises. I recommend also having the audible version as it's nice to listen to in the morning to get yourself going.
Priyank Kumawat
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books ever written. The audiobook version is so impactful that it drives you to change. The unique thing about the book is that it mentions certain actionable ideas which can take you immediately on the path to success as opposed to shallow conceptual ideas by various other authors. Jim Rohn is a man who has been there and done that and a book like this from him is a treasure to have.
Maria
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-growth
A great inspiration! A classic of personal development with a traditional view on goals, self-motivation, etc. Simple and outstanding.
Jim Rohn was such a gifted speaker. This is one of the rare personal development books that really work, because they lead to action.

To be listened to again whenever stuck or in doubt of myself.
Stephani Williams
Apr 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Some new ideas on real study and discipline. Some good new books were recommended. (I liked: No second grade books!) A nice and different perspective on incorporating new disciplines and how our philosphies/habits determine different outcomes regardless as to exterior circumstances.
Andre Ong
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An excellent audio to listen to again and again. Jim Rohn teaches humility and passion, ambition and character all at the same time. He sets a great example and teaches clearly, artistically, and confidently.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Great book 2 5 Jul 24, 2013 03:06PM

• Rascal: Making a Difference by Becoming an Original Character
  • Lead the Field
  • Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart: Thirty True Things You Need to Know Now
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • Vivid Vision: A Remarkable Tool For Aligning Your Business Around a Shared Vision of the Future
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • The Master Key System
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • 1913
  • Re-Create Your Life
  • Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
  • The Strangest Secret
  • Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
  • Buffettology: The Previously Unexplained Techniques That Have Made Warren Buffett the World's Most Famous Investor
Emanuel James "Jim" Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story played a large part in his work, which influenced others in the personal development industry.

Rohn was the recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking.