Start by marking “Pooh Goes Visiting” as Want to Read:
Pooh Goes Visiting

Pooh Goes Visiting

Winnie-the-Pooh is walking through the forest when he comes upon a hole. "If I know anything about anything," he says, "that hole means Rabbit. And Rabbit means Company. And Company means Food." Hurrah! But once Pooh goes through the hole and has some honey, will he ever be able to get out?
Published October 1st 2002 by Perfection Learning (first published October 30th 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Pooh Goes Visiting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pooh Goes Visiting

Olivia
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listofbetterment
'Pooh goes visiting' by A.A Milne, is a great example of what a children's book should be. Milne shows examples of how you can use words and pictures blended together, for children to follow along with when they are reading by themselves or with an adult. For instance, from the first page, we as a reader are invited to joy in and hum along with Pooh Bear and his morning routine. If we just focus on the language for the moment, we can consider the way Milne and E.H.Shepard, have chosen to write a ...more
Elianara
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books

Read in Swedish ISBN 91-638-2929-0
Clarissa
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A takeaway from the story: visiting friends means that friends have to offer you food.

Milne's classic is different from Disney's version, yet the charm does not differ that much. Pooh is a character who is very relatable to children, and the story serves as a quick, light-hearted read that is enjoyable beyond time.
Beth Orchard
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story for kids that looks at what happens when we get stuck in a bothersome spot and need help from friends
Darinda
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic Winnie-the-Pooh. Pooh goes visiting to see his friend Rabbit, and ends up getting stuck. A cute story.
Anna Youssef
This book has a lot of words, but they are easy words that students will be able to read if they are young. The beloved Pooh wounds up getting stuck, and has to call on his friends for help. This book is funny, loving, and has easy morals that children can use in their lives such as calling on friends for help if they get stuck, and to not be too selfish when going to a friends house. I will always love Pooh and his friends, and think this is a fun book to read.
Leah
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I so enjoyed this book! So clever and hilariously cute. A story where Winnie The Pooh goes visiting friends and stops in at rabbits. After his visit and snack he gets stuck in the rabbit hole front door (rabbit thinks because he ate too much). Christopher Robin concludes that Pooh needs to wait until he is thinner, which will probably take a week, with NO meals. Pooh is very sad and distraught. He would heave a sigh but he is too tightly stuck to! They offer to read to him to pass the time (and ...more
Andrea
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such an adorable book. Pooh visiting Rabbit at his home is one of my favorite stories un the series. Winnie The Pooh has always been one of my favorites and I love how when Pooh and his friends think that something terrible has happened, Christopher Robin always seems to have a positive attitude. What a great message for children and adults alike.
Lindsey
An abridged version of an original A. A. Milne tale about what happens when Pooh invites himself to elevensies (wait, wrong series...) and eats too much. The original illustrations by Ernest Shepard are a nice touch for this board book. If the board book was a little larger it might show off these illustrations better; nonetheless, kid1 loves to look at the pictures.
Carol
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been so much fun. This one Pooh goes to visit Rabbit and he sticks his head in Rabbits entry hole and gets stuck. The adventure of getting him unstuck was a lot of fun. These sure are cute.
Emily
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good times with Pooh and friends! I miss those days <3
Elizabeth S
Sep 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-beginner
Classic Pooh. The story is pulled from one of Milne's books and simplified a trifle, but not too much. Just right for an early reader.
Lucie Ray
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Monica
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book one night when I just couldn't fall asleep. Nice short easy read. Great pictures to go along with Pooh's little adventure.
Dianna
Sep 18, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This version is abridged enough that you can read it to a baby, but abridged enough that it loses some of its meaning and charm.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

Listened to on AUDIO. Super cute!
ABC
Dec 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
An easy to read version of a Pooh story, but of course the original is better.
Trever Dodson

• We Help Mommy
  • Burt Dow, Deep-Water Man
  • Let's Go, Froggy!
  • Baby Dear
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes by Kubler, Annie
  • Eloise Wilkin Stories
  • HarperCollins Treasury of Picture Book Classics: A Child's First Collection
  • I Love My Daddy Because...
  • Poems and Prayers for the Very Young
  • Curious George and the Pizza
Alan Alexander Milne (pronounced /ˈmɪln/) was an English author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various children's poems.

A. A. Milne was born in Kilburn, London, to parents Vince Milne and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School, 6/7 Mortimer Road (now Crescent), Kilburn, a small public school run by his father. One of his teac