Start by marking “So, So Hood (Drama High, #14)” as Want to Read:
So, So Hood (Drama High, #14)

So, So Hood

(Drama High #14)

For Jayd Jackson, a new school takes the drama to a new level. . .

With her senior year just beginning, Jayd's drama is going nowhere anytime soon. Although she's graduated to the next level with her powers, she's also going head-to-head with her former best friend, Misty. Jayd's also got to deal with the aftermath of the debutante ball, her boyfriend's cheating, and her
Published June 1st 2011 by Kensington -Teen/Dafina (first published January 1st 2011)

Start your review of So, So Hood (Drama High, #14)
Zaria
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contest-shelf
Jayd is a 16 year old girl in high school... She dont know who boy to pick as her boyfriend .. She should've pick Jeremy he's a sweet guy and love Jayd alot but i think he didnt kiss Cameron, i think Chance was right somebody photoshop it.. If i was Jayd i would've pick Jeremy ... but the others boys they ok, Rah he's ok but he have a baby and Keenan he just to old he's 21 in college, Jeremy is the one for her he's her age same grade.. Oh yeah Jeremy white, Jayd and Jeremy are a cute couple ... ...more
Riyanna Williams
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! I relate to this book in so many ways. Jayd is a very strong girl, who goes through many struggle because of her uniqness, but ends up overcomming them each time! I dislike Misty in this story. She needs to get beat up soon because she is getting on my nerves too. You should really read the book because it keeps you wanting to read more:)
Diamonique
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! was Jeremy really cheating? All this drama and Jayd still had Keenen to talk to. Will this be a new love? I can't wait for the next installment. There wasn't nearly enough drama in this one but i hope there is in the next.
Akeisa Abercrombie
I was not fully satisfied with this book. I thought there could have been more interesting stuff happening to Jayd, but I feel there were so many loose ends with no sign of them being solved.
Keyanna
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maria Celis
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Divine, L. Drama High: So, So Hood. New York: Kensington Publishing Corp, 2011.

Characters: Jayd Jackson, 17 year old high school senior; Mama/Lynn Mae, Jayd’s grandmother; Netta, Mama’s hair salon co-owner; Jeremy, Jayd’s boyfriend; Rah, Nigel, Mickey, and Nellie, Jayd’s crew; Misty, Jayd’s “frenemy”; Esmeralda, Mama’s evil neighbor
Setting: Compton, California
Theme: teenage drama, African-American, friendships, dating relationships
Genre: Hi-low, YA, multicultural
Summary: As Jayd gets ready for
Sandra (Book Loves) Atueyi
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing

I love this series because I enjoyed reading this book. This author did a really good and excellent job to put out this book because it's always on point and it's funny series. In the beginning of this book, it was slow and steady at the same time but I like it. I do not believe in voodoo priestess or vampire but if I have a supernatural power then I would help people with their issues and my issue. Mickey should tell the truth to Nigel about the letter and her ex-man but she didn't. I think
Black Carrie
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice contemporary read for the young folks

Besides the bluford high series the drama high series Is another one of my faves. Jayd dealt with alot (like always). For her age She's mature besides the voodoo stuff and kissing boys (LOL). She would be a good young woman to look up to.
-Misty ghetto fab butt needs to grow up.
-Nellie should stop trying to be someone she's not or get kicked out the crew.
-Rah lucky to have Jayd as a friend there situation complicated too.
-Jeremy needs to grow up
Black Carrie
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-y-a-books
-Misty ghetto fab butt needs to grow up.
-Nellie should stop trying to be someone she's not or get kicked out the crew.
-Rah lucky to have Jayd as a friend their situation complicated too.
-Jeremy needs to grow up himself he cares about the Wrong things.
Can Misty
LaCeyia
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There a series of books before this one.These books are about this girl name Jay'd who is in high school that have some type of spiritual powers that was past down from generation to generation.All the women in her family possess some type of power.With these power there come with a price to pay not only spiritual but with relationship.I recommend that teens that like spiritual and drama fill books to read this.The one thing that I dislike about was the spiritual powers that she had.
Charlene
I love this series. allways pulls you into the scene. i do believe the authors message is that people shouldnt judge the voodoo religion so quickly bt contridicts herself when jade does the exact same thing to baptists! did nt agree at all with the way she portrayed that. overall i liked it. just nt as good as the earlier books
Kelston
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think that this was very amazing! I feel like the details & everything were nearly perfect. I also feel as if the characters role coulde been shortened just a bit. But overall the book is an huge example of how people can ruin your life by one little thing or one small decision can change your whole life forever.
Lakisha clinton
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely Satisfied

Always strong and determined, Jayd Jackson, along with the help of her ancestors, is back and fierce as ever! The relationship and friendship drama never ends, and ALWAYS has me coming back feigning for more! L. Divine has yet to disappoint!
Sophia McCutchen
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it
I was expecting more drama between the main characters Jeremey and Jayd. But instead, most of it was about her new found religion and Esmerelda. It was an ok read, but some of the other Drama High books were better.
Lupinus Texensis
Drama High, you are SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS. You're not Twilight. You're not Shiver. And that's okay. You're in a different league from those books.

Resurrected shapeshifter boyfriends?

Come on, now.
Hana
May 21, 2011 added it
This Book Has Alot Of Drama In It..You Should Try Reading It. Its Actually Fun And Exciting!
Janiya
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked how she always has a way to sole something. Ask her grandmother for the answers to her problem. Tells her friends the right way to do things. And the little drama going on
Simba
Nov 14, 2012 rated it liked it
it was pretty good i read the drama high series while in high school, very familiar to everyday bullies and haters with a twist
Tyraver
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this is a great booooooooooook
Zaria
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
This series just keeps getting better!
Tia_bersail
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the challenges of teenage lives it intrigues me how much the go through during high school it shows that they are very strong.
Natalie G.
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
it wuzx awesom ii got kinda sadd wen the 1st chapter of the next book wuzxnt in their.. lol
Keyzie Caesar
i just love the drama and wish it would never end.
Reneka
Sep 11, 2011 added it
it's a great book to read
Deja
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was good.
Jaslie
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: so-so-hood
this i love it so much if i did not read l divine book i would be dead right now but know i'm reading this book it change everything in life for me
Nya H.
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This teaches you what you should do
Bernice
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
An entertaining novel that surfaces on the ghetto life of most African American societies encountering mostly with women.
Mari
Oct 07, 2013

• Through My Eyes
  • Susan Marcus Bends the Rules
  • Teenage Love Affair
  • Who Was Steve Jobs?
  • Rising Above: How 11 Athletes Overcame Challenges in Their Youth to Become Stars
  • King George III: America's Enemy
  • President of the Whole Sixth Grade
  • You're Invited Too (RSVP #2)
  • Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2)
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • No Boyz Allowed
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California, has lived in Jamaica and currently resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA.

Drama High (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Second Chance (Drama High, #2)
  • Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Lady J (Drama High, #5)
  • Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
“Don't sell yourself short, Jayd. You don't know what the Creator has in store for you.” 1 likes