Start by marking “Dogwatching” as Want to Read:
Dogwatching

Dogwatching

(Petwatching)

Dogwatching answers fundamental and fascinating questions about man's best friend--questions often overlooked by standard dog books and even by dog owners themselves. 21 black-and-white photographs.
Published March 31st 1993 by Three Rivers Press (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Dogwatching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dogwatching

Sol González
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, no-ficción
Lo admito. El adoptar a Nico (en compañía de Agus) es una aventura totalmente nueva y distinta de la que tuve con todos mis otros perros (Celín, Alfa y especialmente Killer). ¿Por qué? Porque esta vez Agus tenía más preguntas, porque él es curioso por naturaleza y las cosas que yo daba por hechas debían de ser contestadas y la mayor parte de las veces era "siempre he visto que hacen eso, pero no sé por qué".

Desde febrero he comenzado a leer libros de perros, libros donde hay perros, en dónde se
Luis
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro genial para cualquier amante de los animales
Antonio Meridda
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animali
Very interesting, many useful tips for anyone who wants to better understand the behavior of their dog
Major Doug
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Some interesting tales about tails + tiny chapters made it easy to nibble-read
Marília Domingos
Nunca li um livro tão recheado de informações erradas e absurdas sobre cães. Nem me dei ao trabalho de o ler todo. Limitei-me a lê-lo na diagonal. O cão é um lobo com aspecto canino -> Falso. Os cães difíceis de controlar tornaram-se o alpha -> Falso. O lobo deu origem ao cão porque as pessoas retiravam cachorrinhos bebés das tocas dos lobos e os domesticavam -> Falso. Durante a socialização dos cachorros, estes vêm todos os outros estranhos que conhecem como sendo da sua espécie. -> ...more
Hugo Alejandro Fiallos
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Un libro que trata de explicar muchos comportamientos de los perros, si bien es cierto que Desmond Morris es Desmond Morris, tambien es cierto que lo que dice no es palabra de Dios. Al Libro le falta base científica con referencias que Confirmen lo Afirmado (como los mordedores de cola por ejemplo) pero es un libro interesante. Sorprendentemente mas grande de lo que uno pudiese esperar con este tema. Lo recomiendo siempre y cuando no creas todo lo que se dice en él. Investiga, razona y acepta.
María Paz Greene F
De los libros que he leído de él (que son buenísimos) es mi menos favorito... Desactualizado, algo básico, aunque me gusta que, como buen científico antiguo (o seudo antiguo) se da las licencias para decir lo que quiera como verdad, jijiji. Igual lo recomiendo para los que aman a los perros y/o a la ciencia, aunque prácticamente todo lo que dice puede encontrarse hoy en internet.
Alice Harbin
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A delightful read if you love dogs or have just become a dog owner as I have. He helps you to understand your dog's behavior and encourages owners to pay more attention to their dogs. Very interesting and instructive.
Michael P.
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I knew dogs until I read this amazing book. Morris explains the reasons for many puzzling behaviors, and some of the explanations will help us better meet our dog's needs. The only negative is that bits of the book are now a little out of date. Still, this is very good.
Julie Brock
Jul 27, 2010 rated it liked it
He has some interesting canine theories but they seem largely speculative and anthropomorphic, though stated as factual. Okay, so he was curator of mammals at a zoo...but no mention of his educational background or other qualifications.
Kevin Driskill
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zoology
This is one of the most enlightening books I have ever read. There is an entire world waiting to be understood about dogs. You will know and understand your pooch better after this book by the original dog whisperer.
Florence
Jan 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Desmong Morris always supplies such fascinating tidbits on information; the section on canine sexuality was especially enlightening. After reading this book I am afraid that our dog thinks that HE is the dominant member of the family pack.
Francis Jarman
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Enjoyable and informative, like the companion volume on Catwatching and the author's books on human body language, though perhaps a bit out of date in places.
Andrea Calò
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Mah, tutto sommato interessante. Quante poi di queste teorie siano state confermate è da vedere. Comunque consigliato per i proprietari dei cani, si scoprono molte curiosità!
Nate
Jan 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Read this book. Dogs are not stupid. People who think dogs are stupid are stupid, stupid......
Debra
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found this an intriguing little book that delved into why dogs act the way they do. Some of the answers were very surprising!
Lisa Tammy
Apr 18, 2015
Minidraco
Dec 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Modern Dog: How Dogs Fit into Our Society, Culture, and Our Personal and Emotional Lives
  • The Hidden Life of Dogs
  • A Member of the Family
  • Lost and Found: Dogs, Cats, and Everyday Heroes at a Country Animal Shelter
  • Dogs: A Startling New Understanding of Canine Origin, Behavior  Evolution
  • Endal: How One Extraordinary Dog Brought a Family Back from the Brink
Desmond John Morris is most famous for his work as a zoologist and ethologist, but is also known as a surrealist artist and author.

Petwatching (3 books)