Start by marking “The Hunter Out of Time” as Want to Read:
The Hunter Out of Time

The Hunter Out of Time

Kevin Cord, adventurer of the 20th Century, or Chan Dahl, docile outcast of the far future..which was he? For the two looked exactly alike, their fingerprints were identical, and only one of them was still alive.

The pursueers from the future snatched the remaining man, took him back across the eons, across Time's forbidden Red Line, to search his brain. For buried in the m
Paperback, #F-354, 126 pages
Published 1965 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about The Hunter Out of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunter Out of Time

Richard
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: vintage-sff
Kevin Cord couldn't have known that a beer run would lead him to his doppelganger, Chan Dahl, dying in the street. Kevin is mistaken for Chan and is abducted to face trial in the future for crimes he didn't commit. Kevin's troubles are just beginning.

A cool premise, not really meant to be scrutinized. Too many questions pop up if you do. Kevin holds up fantastic under the stresses he is exposed to; I certainly couldn't have done it.

Not my favorite from Mr. Fox, but recommended none the less.

Kevin Carr
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pulp fiction! Found this little gem in a used book store in Spokane. I was looking for something quick, adventurous and sci-fi, and this definitely fits the bill. (And only $2 at that).

I found out later that the author, Gardner Fox, was a DC Comics writer and is credited for creating The Flash. This makes sense, as the book is 100% plot, moves super fast, and could easily be a comic book. In fact, I'd LOVE to read this as a comic. It'd also make a fun B-Movie.

I gave this two stars because--whi
Roger
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
The Hunter Out of Time by Gardner F. Fox (1965) has the best opening hook I've seen: "I saw myself dying on the other side of the street. I was leaning against a lamp post with one hand at my middle as blood oozed over my fingers where I held that awesome wound. ... As I watched, I saw myself sag as my knees bent..."
But within a few chapters it deteriorates into a trite, 1930s style space opera, the protagonists chasing and being chased by the antagonist back and forth through time. For a time
Chris
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pulp Sci-Fi at it's best. This twisted time travel tale reminded me of the writing style of Lionel Fanthorpe. Which certainly is not meant as an insult to Gardner Fox, whose literary achievements speak for themselves.
Jeff Wyonch
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sf-fan-horror
Pedestrian golden-age sci-fi, with a time traveling twist.
Joel David Jenkins
Walter Schoenly
Jul 01, 2019
David Lomas
Jul 01, 2019
Gardner Francis Cooper Fox was an American writer known best for creating numerous comic book characters for DC Comics. Comic book historians estimate that he wrote more than 4,000 comics stories, including 1,500 for DC Comics.
Fox is known as the co-creator of DC Comics heroes the Flash, Hawkman, Doctor Fate and the original Sandman, and was the writer who first teamed those and other heroes as th