Start by marking “The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy” as Want to Read:
The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy

The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy (Earth's End #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Tomorrow morning at 7:35 AM, a nuclear holocaust will destroy the planet. Two people carry the keys to survival: Jeremy Edgarton, a 16 year old, tech genius and revolutionary; and Eliana, the angelic, off-world traveler sent to Earth on a mission to prevent her planet's death. Welcome to a future world only heartbeats from our own. By the late 22nd century, the Great Reces ...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Vilasa Press

To ask other readers questions about The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy

Colleen Cross
Nov 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Angel and the Brown-Eyed Boy is a must-read. The well-drawn characters immediately drew me in, and the vivid descriptions and non-stop action further immersed me in the story.
On one level this is an entertaining escape to a fantasy world. It's Earth, many years in the future. On the surface, life goes smoothly. There are no more wars, and everyone is taken care of. That is, as long as you don't question authority and believe everything you are told.
Jeremy and Eliana are from very different
Amy Jones
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sandy Nathan is a brilliant writer. This book is full of originality, a new and exciting mix of plot. I loved the complexity of the characters. The MC's and the supporting characters were all flawed in some way but still possessed some redeeming quality that made you sympathetic to their troubles. You must read this book. It is very spiritual and uplifting with out being preachy.
Amy Jones, author of Soul Quest
Todd Fonseca
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A good book elicits an emotional response while being read; Nathan’s book haunts the reader long after the final page is turned. In Angel & the Brown-Eyed Boy two dying worlds fight for survival, their futures dependent on a revolutionary and an angelic otherworldly dancer. Nathan shows us a future Earth whose indifferent citizens and uneducated politicians have allowed their fears to rule them believing everything they are told even in the face of the reality around them. It is world not th ...more
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is so well written and interesting. When I read the blurb, I knew that I wanted to read it. Then when I started reading, I realized that the book is in the fantasy and sci-fi genre. While I will read most any book that interests me, I usually stay away from certain genres. I am so glad I did not know what the genre this book is classified in before starting.

First off, I had an advance reader copy in .pdf format. I hate .pdf format because it does not covert to either the Kindle or Nook
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yvensong, S. Michele, Tom, Chris, Cheryl in CC NV, Ralph, Kimberly Boehm
Recommended to Darlene by: BookRooster dot com
This was an excellent read. I felt like I was watching a movie, drawn in completely. The world and characters were so real I could smell it.

This book came to me as a complimentary copy from BookRooster dot com so I could review it. I liked it so much I went ahead and bought my own copy so I could share with those who might not be able to afford it right now. I am looking forward to the sequels but I will have to wait until they come out in Kindle format.

In my tags/shelves I indicated angels and
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-reviews
The Angel & the Brown-eyed Boy by Sandy Nathan is a unique story for certain. It starts out reading like a young adult novel featuring a stranger to the planet. The stranger is a young girl who is an amazing dancer, but doesn't really understand the way Earth works. When she is mistaken for a Russian ballerina and taken to a prestigious dance academy she meets several people that guide her through her visit.

The way the Earth works is very reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984 with television
Rea Martin
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What will become of our society a century or so from now on the brink of a nuclear holocaust? This visionary author offers an idea. At first I thought Sandy Nathan's tale of inevitable Armageddon would be a bit dark for me, but it definitely was not. Nathan is an excellent storyteller who expertly balances points-of-view between those characters who are buoyant with those who are anything but. The origin, and even the physical attributes of Eliana, the dancer, are disclosed cleverly. She is a de ...more
T. Lynne
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As I read this story, I kept thinking of my life. How many times have I gone through a dark spot in my life and prayed for a miracle, a sign...

In this story, I found that I was drawn to the people that had been touched by this angel's light, even for those brief moments, because they received that miracle of hope in their lives and for just a moment, they felt everything would be ok.

Hope is a drug we all live for and in this story it is described in such a way that when you put the book down, yo
Jay Storey
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
The novel centers on the relationship between a mysterious young girl and a boy who is trying to preserve something of humanity from an impending nuclear Armageddon.

The story was original and interesting, and the characters were complex and well drawn, though somewhat unrealistic. The pacing was good, and the dialog was mostly believable.

I found the plot a bit convoluted and sometimes difficult to follow. I don't think enough detail was given on the nature of the story world. However it was a g
Linda Bonney Olin
The quality of Sandy Nathan's writing is remarkable. She somehow manages to remain transparent herself while painting a living, breathing image of characters and settings and plot. A few things, like the oversized "hant" and a couple of characters' mood swings, didn't ring entirely true, but that's a total nitpick. Great book.

I bought the book (a bargain, if you ask me!) on Amazon, and I've never met the author, so I'm as objective as they come. :)
Ryina Chuu
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
A great science fiction about the destruction of the Earth by nuclear bombs. Although there were some parts that I did not understand, the rest of the story was fantasy. It led me into a whole new world making my heart beat with every chapter. Although I don't usually like stories written in 3rd person, this story was fantastic regardless.
J.P. Lane
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book enthralled me with its vivid characters and equally vivid scenes of a future Earth facing a nuclear holocaust. Couldn't put it down. If you like sci-fi, you'll love this one as much as I did.
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a weird book (for me at least). It was just strange and not one that I'd normally read. Sure it was a whole end-of-the-world thing, but it's style was different. Yet, once I started it I couldn't put it down. It just draws you in...
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A unique view on the end of the world. I have found a new author to follow. Look forward to reading more of Sandy's stories.
Zom Osborne
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
The plot was interesting but the characters were simplistic and undeveloped. I barely managed to finish it.
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, surprising, gritty, satisfying book. The first few reviews describe it very well and I won't attempt to describe it further. Very very well written.
Glenda Bixler
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
First book in Earth's End Trilogy

Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Mar 29, 2016
rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2014
rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What happens after the world blows up? 1 1 Dec 04, 2011 10:54AM
Could the ruinous world portrayed in The Angel come to be? 1 1 Dec 04, 2011 10:51AM
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Haunting Obsession
  • Across The Winds Of Time (Winds of Time, #1)
  • Gallagher's Hope (Montana Gallaghers, #2)
  • Horse  (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #6)
  • Journey in Time
  • River's End (The Inn at Shining Waters, #3)
  • An Intimate Murder (Catherine O'Brien Mystery #3)
  • Mad World: Epidemic
  • A Chunk of Hell
  • Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance
  • Rotter World
  • For Love or Money (Main Street Merchants #2)
  • Collateral Damage: An Annie Ogden Mystery
  • The Road to Mercy
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • Landslide
  • Intwine (Intwine, #1)
Sandy Nathan writes to amaze and delight, uplift and inspire, as well as thrill and occasionally terrify. She is known for creating unforgettable characters and putting them in do or die situations. She writes in genres ranging from science fiction, fantasy, and visionary fiction to juvenile nonfiction to spirituality and memoir.

"I write for people who like challenging, original work. My reader is
More about Sandy Nathan...

Earth's End (3 books)
  • Lady Grace (Tales from Earth's End #2)
  • Sam & Emily: A Love Story from the Underground (Tales from Earth's End #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wizard at Large (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
  • Timequake