Start by marking “Star Quality” as Want to Read:

Star Quality

Meet three people with a little something special whose love lives are about to turn wild, crazy, sensual, and oh-so-hot. Blame it on the moon? Sure. But who's complaining, anyway...

Lori Foster "Once in a Blue Moon"
It's all because of that stupid blue moon. That's what Stan Tucker thinks as he walks through Delicious, Ohio, suddenly privy to everyone's innermost thoughts,
Published May 3rd 2005 by Kensington (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Star Quality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Quality

Hina
Once in a Blue Moon by Lori Foster ★★★★ (3.5 Stars)

Moon Magnetism by Lucy Monroe ★★★★

Moonstruck by Dianne Castell ★★
Cindy
A 3 story paranormal anthology about a blue moon event in Delicious, Ohio. A town that plays up it's apple trees.

Lori Foster - 4 stars. Protected sex. A good LF story. Stan can read other people's thoughts every full moon, but when it's a BLUE moon they come through with a vengeance! Good thing, because Jenna wasn't ever planning on letting him know she has the hots for him. The end was the typical, I love you - marry me. It would have made the story better if they got to know each other for
Lady Lioness
I did my usual breakdown of each novella in this anthology, but on the whole, I have to say that this book reads as dated. It's primarily the technology level. Monroe's hero carries a 'Palm Pilot' and the hero in Castell's uses a camera with real film. I know I'm probably more tech-y than most, but it threw me out of the story a bit.

"Once in a Blue Moon" by Lori Foster: I really liked the premise and the emotional currents running through the novella, but I didn't think the execution was quite
R.G.
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Each short story was so different even if they were all in the apparently very magical town of Delicious, Ohio… my favorite part about all these stories is they deal with normal people… it’s not 20 somethings with perfect bods and apparently never ending flow of cash so they can run around and do whatever they way… with Foster and Castell’s the main women are 40 or over… and all the women have normal lives and families and woes… and some blue moon problems… they’re light and fun and so sweet as ...more
Fabiola Chenet
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lori Foster - Once in a blue moon 5 stars: Great story
Lucy Monroe - Moon magnetism 5 stars: Great story (now I know where E.L. James got her inspiration for her trilogy LOL)
Dianne Castell - Moonstruck 1 star: couldn't finish this one. Boring and completely ridiculous story. If the heroine's wishes could come true and some of them were not good, she just has had to wish the opposite.
L
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Hmmmm. Three stories about a lunar event and the title focuses on stars?!? So many allusions to the moon would have been better.

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON by Lori Foster

I understand that the blue moon contributes to the uniqueness of this novella but too much time was spent focusing on it and sex which detracted from any romance in the story.

MOON MAGNETISM by Lucy Monroe

An interesting idea of mind reading in conjunction with lunar cycles but entirely too much debate on the morality of it rather than
L
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Once in a Blue Moon - 4 stars
Another fun Lori Foster read. Too short but great. I liked Stan and liked that he was the one reading her mind and making all the moves. Older characters and some hot sexual tension.

Moon Magnetism - 3 stars
Cute, interesting concept, but actually glad it was a short story cause it would have gotten too confusing otherwise. I liked Blake - sounded yummy!

Moonstruck - 2 stars
This one was so-so...could have been an interesting concept but it went too far... wishes could
Angie
Mar 11, 2011 rated it liked it
I mostly liked these stories, but they were just too short. It had a little bit of fun stuff...blame it on the blue moon...but still gave you plenty of male/female interaction. I know these were short stores, but it seemed like they jumped into everything so soon and left you wanting a little more. While I enjoyed this set, I think I might stick to the longer stories just to get more bang for my buck. Ha! I really didn't not mean to make that play on words, but I guess it works either way. If yo ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Basically everybody has said what i'm feeling about this book it was a good book i love all 3 but i really really like the first one...
great book to keep for your collection you will not be disappointed

Join my book group on Facebook (Romance Novel Junkies) and fan page (Romance Novel Junkies Book Reviews). We have over 500 members, which includes well known and indie authors and avid readers as members, who are apart of this group. We would love to hear about new books and thoughts. Also check o
Missy Jane
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love romances set in small towns, especially anthologies where the characters are connected. In this one three different couples in Delicious, Ohio are struck by the blue moon. All three stories are great romances with interesting characters. My favorite was Lori Foster's Once in a Blue Moon.
My only real complaint is the heroine in Dianne Castell's Moonstruck. She made a couple of boneheaded decisions but everything turned out well in the end.
Amy
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was ok
This book was pretty meh. I've really liked what Lori Foster that I've read, but this one was a bit too sentimental and sappy. I know, it's a romance novel, but it lacked the zest of her earlier ones. I usually really like anything that deals with the moon and it's powers and magic and whatnot, but this wasn't that great.
Zoe
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Usually Lori Foster and Lucy Monroe are fantastic, but these stories were just ...eh. Unfortunately, the last story was full of flaws for me - from the dialogue being disjointed and hard to attribute to which character was speaking to just unlikely insta-love, it was more annoying than cute.
Adriana

Once in a Blue Moon by Lori Foster
3 Stars-I enjoyed this short story.

Moon Magnetism by Lucy Monroe
3 Stars-I enjoyed this short story.

Moonstruck by Dianne Castell
It was okay.
Tammy Pickens
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun stories about the full moon.
Gee
Shelves: fantasy, romance, scpl
read 01.21.07
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
Too brief; I would prefer full-length novels but you get what you buy/borrow. Not much to say because of the briefness. I don't think the stories were fully developed because of this. 2/5 stars.
FayAnn  Hollcroft
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: foster-lori
Some really cool LOVE fantasy stories.
Ltlmer2
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
good short reads

I liked all the characters and the fact that they were a little older.
Sneha
Sep 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful stories! Short,sassy and sexy!!
Karol
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-recommended
Once in a Blue Moon - Lori Foster
Moon Magnetism - Lucy Monroe
Moonstruck - Dianne Castell
Erika
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed all three stories! Would definitely read this book again : )
Di
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: just-okay
story 1 & 2 were ok, but number 3, was utter crap.
Tabatha
It was a good book but I dont really have much to say about it
La
Kat Valentine
Feb 21, 2015
Nancy
Feb 03, 2013
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Goodness Had Nothing to Do With It (CIS Duo, #2)
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys in Kilts (Chisholm Brothers #1)
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Rough Around the Edges
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Viva Las Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Dare Me
  • Unlaced (Knights of the Board Room, #2)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro