Start by marking “The Twelve Nights of Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Nights of Christmas

The Twelve Nights of Christmas

His housekeeper, or his Christmas present?

Unexpectedly homeless for the festive season and exhausted from transforming the penthouse of the hotel where she works into a dazzling winter wonderland, chambermaid Evie Anderson secretly sleeps over. Woken by an outrageously sensual kiss, Evie feels her body come alive...until she realizes her seducer is Rio Zaccarelli, her dan
ebook, Harlequin Presents Extra #126, 192 pages
Published November 2010 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Nights of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Nights of Christmas

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
The Twelve Nights of Christmas is the feel-good kind of romance that a reader can pull off the shelf when they want an easy read that will infuse them with Christmas good vibrations. I endorse it with a four star rating.

Why?

Well, it's simple. The storyline is easy to follow, the characters are well-developed but surprisingly likeable, and it's a story about rekindled hope when things seem dark. Christmas to me is about hope and I love the idea that a short book can give me that feeling of Christ
Dana S
The writing was fine, there were a few nice romantic moments, and for a HP, the plot was believable. But the heroine drove me insane.

The hero, Rio, "who hadn't gone ten days without sex since he'd lost his virginity" (apparently the author thought this was an important character trait) was better than most HP heroes, alpha but not too dickish. And he has believable issues about why he doesn't like Christmas.

But the heroine, Evie, was a total wet blanket. In the beginning, she has a shitty job,
Jenny
Oh my god that was so cute, so sweet, so perfect. Heroine was a sweetheart, hero was alpha and brooding and the way she loved him and changed his life made me melt! Epilogue was perfection i was puking rainbows!
Alex is The Romance Fox
I read all Sarah Morgan’s books. Her stories are fresh, interesting with believable characters.
This is the second time I am reading this book and again enjoyed the story of Rio Zaccarelli, an Italian millionaire who is gorgeous and hates Christmas because of something that happened when he was a child.
Evie Anderson is a gorgeous (she doesn’t know that of course), wholesome, kind woman, working as a receptionist at the fabulous hotel that Rio owns.
Rio discovers a naked Evie sleeping in the bed o
Demetra
The perfect read before Christmas! You will absolutely enjoy it. Believeable characters, great hero and heroine, one hot sex-scene and the right amount of drama.
Paula Legate
Nov 17, 2014 Paula Legate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspence
I really enjoyed this book. I loved how Evie embraced the world, how she believed in Santa, Happy endings, and love.
Here is a small sample taken from chapter 5 - "Just because you haven't encountered a happy ending personally doesn't mean you stop believing in them."

Evie has been dealt a bad hand in life, yet she still believes the best could happen. She is homeless, set up, and now jobless. Can her spirit and inner love be enough to change the heart of a cynical, and sexy rich man? Rio had so
Tasneem
I give this a 2.5 raiting. The story is fairly predictable, though I did like the character of Rio. I didn't like how England was explained though, the whole part about her perfect childhood with views of the forest and lake just sounded overly fake to me. At least Rio and his tragic life seemed more likely.
But overall, a not too badly written book. I especially found the ending over the top. That kind of public declaration of affection just strikes me as so not English, and so embarrasingly vul
Karla
Jul 19, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a book in this line (Harlequin Presents) in over 10 years. I don't enjoy reading about the very rich, their lives are too easy and I'm not into conspicuous consumption. This book was very enjoyable in spite of this. Lots of dialogue, the h/h spent a lot of time together and behaved in believable ways.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Snowkissed and Seduced!
Julia Carti cu Colti
I liked it. Perfect for this holiday
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Snowkissed and Seduced!
Alex
Dec 17, 2012 Alex rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
At First Sight: Evie Anderson thought it was a little weird when her creep of a boss told her she could stay at the penthouse of the hotel where she worked for one night, since she had to be on-site so early in the morning. She usually wouldn't have agreed, but she had just been kicked out of her apartment and had no other place to go.

Rio Zacarelli - a successful, ruthless and super rich billionaire - has a very important deal on the making and, at the advice of his lawyer, decides to spend a re
Vanessa
Sep 23, 2011 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scrooge meets . . . Cinderella

Evie worked in housekeeping in Rio Zacarelli’s hotel when he met her. Evie should have listened to her instincts but she didn’t. It’s in her nature to trust people and always find the good in them, because somewhere deep inside there usually seems to be some good buried there. She loves her grandfather very much and desperately tries to not disappoint him. This plays into Rio’s hands and he uses it to get what he wants. For him the ends justify the means. She is an
Becky
I love Sarah Morgan. But the Cinderella dreamy heroine really got on my nerves (hello, real world you have to pay rent or get evicted, girls can enjoy dolls and also have a future including education and career and motherhood, and you have no right being upset about being dumped by a man you had no interest in sexually). Also, the hero who hurt many women by letting them fall in love with him and then dumping them really rubbed me the wrong way. Don't engage in long-term relationships and hurt p ...more
Vanessa Jaye
Nov 27, 2010 Vanessa Jaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The tone of it was fresh and mondern. So much so, for the first part of it, it could have passed for a Carrie-centric/Carrie-only episode of SITC. I also love the way the usual trite tropes where used/presented. Not that anything was turned on its head, just that, again, if felt like it was dealt with in a more contemporary manner.

There were a few nitpicks so, after a great start, there was a section there when there was a bit of bickering about things you thought ha
Desty
Twelve days of Christmas.
Ada 12 hari untuk membuat keajaiban terjadi. Rio yang sangat membenci natal bertemu dengan Evie dalam kejadian yang tidak begitu bagus. Seseorang menjebak Evie untuk bermalam di penthouse dan Rio menemukannya di sana dalam keadaan tertidur pulas tanpa busana. Rio yang hidupnya selalu dikelilingi wanita secara otomatis tidak bisa melewatkan momen ini tanpa mencium gadis itu.

Dari sini semua bermula. Evie terjebak untuk bermain sandiwara dengan Rio agar foto telanjangnya t
Tali
Nov 17, 2013 Tali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I was quite surprised by this story - I didn't really think much of the cover or the blurb - but I ended up really loving it. Sure the set up at the beginning is completely implausible, especially given that Evie really didn't trust her sleazy boss who set her up in the first place, but it's just such a goodnatured story that I really enjoyed reading it and sped through it quite quickly. Evie and Rio were both fun characters to read about and I loved their arguments - it showed real chemistry ...more
Katie
This has been (and still is) 99 cents, so I've seen it around a lot. I resisted buying it for a long time because the couple meets when the hero kisses the sleeping heroine and noooo. I don't like that! But eventually I caved due to the good reviews and the fact that I DO like Sarah Morgan a lot.

And maybe it was just being thoroughly prepared, but that part didn't bother me too much. Morgan's alpha heroes really work for me. Stuff that would probably generally bother me doesn't with her. (Keepin
Chantal ❤️
This is a great Christmas book. Yes it had some sex but mostly it was about finding the good in people and seeing that life is great. The whole tree thing and the ball scene was awesome. I loved the fact that he was not hitting her over the head with his sex life. She was most aggressive for an innocent. It was sweet and put me into the holiday mood. Going to decorate the rest of my house now. Finding a better holiday story would be hard.
Demelza
This was pleasant overall and I'd give it 3 stars except for two things that drove me a bit crazy: Evie came off as insecure and whiny at times, and there was a comment that despite feminism, girls still like babies. Last I checked being a feminist had to do with wanting women and men to be treated equally, not disliking babies.
Shelley
Dec 18, 2010 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I normally don't like this line, but this was a seriously charming book and I adored Evie. The author also managed to make the hero alpha without being an asshole, which is impressive, so major thumbs up.
Brenda (b)
I thought this was a quick, delightful story. I liked Evie. Rio came off as a slave to his libido in the beginning, but in spite of that I still liked him. Things happened pretty fast but to me that is one the aspects of it being a Harlequin.
Tracie
Dec 15, 2011 Tracie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
I really enjoyed this. The relationship was believable. It had a feel-good holiday feeling which I loved.
Amy
Dec 08, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very cute book!
Joely Burkhart
Dec 26, 2010 Joely Burkhart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a wonderful story! I loved Evie and although Rio was the typical cold, hard Italian alpha, he had layers and reasons for everything. Watching her crack his hard exterior was priceless.
Janice
Loved it! One of my favorite hp's.
Bukola
Aug 18, 2014 Bukola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lol.. Funny and heartwarming! This book was perfection! Loved it! I'm on a Sarah Morgan marathon till further notice!
Emona
Jun 22, 2016 Emona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
A wonderful Christmas read!
MaryReadsRomance
4.5 Sweet and Sizzling Stars
A very well written Contemporary Harlequin that has it ALL Believable and plausible contemporary setting and plot. Very hot, rich, handsome and damaged hero. Beautiful well endowed sweet, moral, intelligent, and damaged heroine. Sizzling chemistry and sex. Romance. Entertaining with an element of mystery. A Christmas redemption Holiday story. Worthy of a second read and a new personal favorite.

In Summary: A new young American in London, the heroine is having a very
Ayu Wirdha
Feb 06, 2014 Ayu Wirdha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • The Italian's Wedding Ultimatum (Modern Romance S.)
  • The Italian's Defiant Mistress (Modern Romance)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Legend of de Marco
  • Untouched Until Marriage
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Wife for a Week (Bennett #1)
  • A Hint of Scandal
  • Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded (By Royal Command, #6)
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated 5 times for the prestigious RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for M
More about Sarah Morgan...