Start by marking “La reina de la oscuridad (Crónicas de la Dragonlance, #3)” as Want to Read:
La reina de la oscuridad (Crónicas de la Dragonlance, #3)

La reina de la oscuridad

(Dragonlance Universe #3)

Paladine, gran dios del Bien, otorgó a Theros Ironfeld, el Ser del Brazo de Plata, la capacidad de forjar nuevas lanzas dragonlance para que los compañeros, igual que el legendario Huma, Portador de Luz, Primer Lancero, puedan enfrentarse a los ejércitos de los Dragones.
Por otra parte, el sorprendente descubrimiento de los Orbes de los Dragones proporciona a los amigos un
Published 1996 by Timun Mas (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about La reina de la oscuridad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La reina de la oscuridad

Start your review of La reina de la oscuridad (Crónicas de la Dragonlance, #3)
Mayim de Vries
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They dont want to hear about darkness and death. They want childrens tales about love and rebirth and silver dragons.
Dont we all.

If what you are after is an uplifting childrens tale about love and rebirth and dragons (of many colours) then you have come to the right place. Dragons of Spring Dawning concludes the Dragonlance Chronicles in a classic confrontation of good and evil, bravery and selfless sacrifice, and, naturally, love. Oh, and dragons, a minor detail that.

I will admit: my memories
Markus
Dragonqueen she was called in elven; Nilat the Corrupter, to the barbarians of the Plains; Tamex, the False Metal, so she was known in Thorbardin among the dwarves; Mai-tat, She of Many Faces was how they told of her in legends among the sea-faring people of Ergoth. Queen of Many Colors and of None, the Knights of Solamnia called her; defeated by Huma, banished from the land, long ago.
Takhisis, Queen of Darkness, had returned.

A disastrous defeat has all but destroyed the free nations of Krynn,
Kaora
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The last two were okay. The writing in this series isn't amazing. It is repetitive and the characters are rather flat. The reluctant leader, the dark magic user, the strong yet beautiful female lead, the fiesty barmaid and her brooding warrior are all rather clique.

The redeeming factor in the last two books were the story lines and the bits of humor thrown in.

However, I felt like this one was missing some of the humor, and I quickly got over (view spoiler)
MissBecka
This book makes me cry.
Every. Single. Time.
Brad
I've read this so many times now, but my youngest is eight and I wanted to read it to her, and her thirteen year old siblings were down for listening to the series again, so I thrilled in the chance to read it all aloud once again. It took a while to finish the Chronicles this time, but we got there right at the death of 2017.

I am so glad we did.

Spring Dawning is nowhere near the best of the series (and I include the Chronicles in that assessment), but it does have have three things going for
Stephen
4.0 to 4.5 stars. Great end to the first Dragonlance trilogy. These books are fast paced, epic stories peopled with tons of great fantasy characters (elves, dwarves, knights, gnomes, dragons, magicians and sorcerers and even a minotaur sailor). Plus the anti-hero Raistlin is exceptionally well done. These books give you exactly what you are looking for when you pick them up and are the fantasy equivalent of "summer blockbuster movies." They are a ton of fun and will keep reading them as a fun ...more
Tokio Myers
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The darkness might conquer, but it could never extinguish hope. And though one candle, or many, might flicker and die, new candles would be lit from the old. Thus hopes flame always burns, lighting the darkness until the coming of day.

The Dragonlance Chronicles comes to an end and man was it an adventure. Dragonlance isn't the best written or unique series out there in the vast ocean of fantasy, but it's one that makes you smile with predictable story lines and tropes that sometimes make your
Brad
Mar 26, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, to-my-kids
Of the original Dragonlance trilogy, Dragons of Spring Dawning is not my favourite. Even so, it contains some excellent moments while serving as both a pseudo ending to the War of the Lance and a fine introduction to the Legends series.

Perhaps it is Dragons of Spring Dawning's transitional position that makes it impossible for it to be the best of the three. There is a real sense in Dragons of Spring Dawning that we are not speeding towards a resolution of the War but a shift in hostilities from
Frank
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
No spoilers.
This dark third entry and conclusion of the Dragonlance Chronicles is very character driven, with no real major battles of the armies or dragons from the previous entry.
Here there is much betrayal, treacherous doings. we see weakness and frailty in our characters, amd some new ones along the way. Really enjoyed Fizban.
Each (Raistlin, Tasselehoff, Tanis, Laurana) of them grow into different people by the end of the book, realizing and asserting their true identities.
Of course there
Oliviu Craznic
Foe after foe fell to Raistlin.

Everything is falling apart for the Heroes of the Lance in this last volume.
Sturm is dead and, unlike other characters of other stories, he stays dead; Flint is about to die and, unlike other characters of other stories, he is not to be saved; Kitiara is a betrayer and, unlike other characters in other stories, she stays a betrayer; and now Raistlin is willingly changing his red robe with a black one, leaving his brother and his friends to die a gruesome death by
Leona
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This one took me longer to read and dragged more than the first two books but nonetheless it was an entertaining read. The whole series was a nice light reading break after all that serious grimdark.

The adventures are quite good and the companions splitting up and going on different adventures is fun to read. Kitiara is a compelling character, my personal hate for her notwithstanding. She is quite well written and not one-dimensional like most others. Fizban is my other favorite here and the
Allison ☾
What if it does end in darkness, Tanis wondered for the first time. What will become of the world? What will become of those I'm leaving behind?

Thus hope's flame always burns, lighting the darkness until the coming of day.

The first 1/3 of this book was dragging on and on for me. The charm and clever wit was pushed to the side. I felt
Joseph
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, four stars, at least a fraction of which are nostalgia-based. But for all that, once I started reading it required effort to stop. This was the book about which I remembered the least when I picked it up, but it came flooding back quickly enough -- Tanis, torn between the Good Girl and the Bad Girl, Caramon, torn between the Good Barmaid and the Sickly Brother, Raistlin, torn between Power and More Power ... And, of course, Tasslehoff and Flint and the rest. I'd forgotten how dark things ...more
Malum
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: games, fantasy
The slowest volume of the trilogy. Still, it is probably the most emotionally charged of the three books and everything is wrapped up well enough.
Cheryl Landmark
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite a satisfactory ending to the trilogy--although I suppose it's not really an ending since it appears to be a prelude to another series after this one. Nevertheless, the tale of the diverse group of companions fighting against the Dark Queen and her evil dragons was wrapped up relatively neatly, although I found the ending a bit rushed.

I didn't like Tanis quite as much in this book as I did in the first two. He seemed too full of anger and guilt and allowed the darkness in him to
Jenny
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is a good conclusion to the companions' journey together. I didn't want it to end. My brother-in-law told me that many people love the world of Krynn, that it's a fantasy world many people feel attached to. I understand why. I would definitely read more books about Krynn, but I want them to be written by Weis and Hickman. They're not the best writers, but they make me connect to the characters. I love how the companions developed and changed from Dragons of Autumn Twilight to this book. ...more
Rick
I started this series because some friends told me that they loved it more than The Lord of the Rings. That seemed like a fairly worth while recommendation. I was certainly surprised to discover that this not even in the same league as Tolkien. They did say that it starts out a little rough, but once you get into it the story really takes off. Well, after finishing the book I kept wondering when it was going to get better.

After finishing it I decided that I needed to re-examined all the
Josh
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this series. I really did. But the writing and the plot just cant hold up to the standard that the great epic fantasies have. Maybe its a sign of when it was written, and maybe you had to read this at a certain age or certain time. But it just doesnt hold up today. I would call this popcorn fantasy. If compared to the cinema world, this is a B-movie released direct to home video. Theres just something lacking in pretty much every aspect all around: The depth of the ...more
JF
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, dragonlance
I found that some parts of the story were a little long sometimes(more than with the two previous volumes). Satisfying and very intriguing conclusion for the trilogy. As we all know(right?) the world of Dragonlance(D&D in general) is complex and vast and it really seems like this Chronicles conclusion also serves as a prelude to the Legends trilogy.

So, not always a passionating read, might be a little dull sometimes, but not enough so I wouldn't pick up the book to continue my
Colin
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still enjoying re-reading this series. I'm not so into the Mormon subtext that pervades the Dragonlance books (not a slam against Mormonism itself, mind you, just seems weird in a fantasy series). Since I first read Dragonlance books back in the 80s, I always identified with Raistlin Majere. Not quite as much in my old age, but it's interesting to re-read and see why I loved the character so much . . .
Jason
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-long-ago
The Dragonlance series was a love of mine as a young teenager. They are one of the main reasons that I love fantasy so much today. These are the perfect young adult fantasy novels that are very well geared towards boys...

I loved them..
✨ Gramy ✨
This is definitely a worthwhile, fantasy, adventure that I enjoyed very much.

Would recommend!
Zoran Krušvar
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Look, these books aren't really THAT good, but I love them. So I'll give them a bunch of stars and that's it :-p
Juan Eduardo Castellon
Nice ending. Great series. Fizban rules.
Helen
What has happened to Tanis? Since the first book, he has lost all his confidence and his emotional intelligence has devolved to the level of a 12-year-old. He doesn't seem to care about his friends or stopping the dragon army.

Laurana has gone the other way, almost like the characters have swapped roles. She went from being a lovesick woman trailing after Tanis, to finding the dragonlances and then becoming the general of an army! I loved the way her character developed and it felt like the book
Mike Rice
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Until recently, Dragonlance had been a whisper of my youth carried by me fondly into adulthood. A dear friend of mine, Christie Bilboa (of bilbosbookends.com) encouraged me to revisit the prolifically imaginative and colorful world of magic, wonder and danger as a group reading effort. Having 'remembered' reading this series before, but remembering only bits and pieces of it, I agreed. What I soon learned is that not only was Dragonlance a whisper of my past, but the whisper wasn't even mine. I ...more
Karen
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A re-read, although by the end I was beginning to wonder if I had finished this book the first time, I didn't remember the ending. I am glad I read this trilogy again.
Roman Kurys
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic ending to an awesome trilogy. This is definitely making me curious to find out what's next for DragonLance and glad I randomly began reading these books.

Plot: 4
Very nicely plotted, different threads picking up and dropping throughout the series. Person you see in Book 1 reappearing in Book 3 etc. etc. pretty large in scope. I did not have time to stop in the middle and be bored. As series progressed Book after Book it kept getting better and better!

Characters: 4
So maybe not entirely
J.C. Cauthon
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is part of the ever-expanding Dragonlance Universe, and it is book 3 in the Chronicles series.

This series is where my love for fantasy novels began, and it is my absolute favorite series from the Dragonstone Universe.

That being said, of the three novels in this trilogy, this one is my least favorite. To me, it read as a set-up novel. It's sole task seemed to be to offer minimal closure to the War of the Lance and to slowly introduce the Legends series, so for me, that's where it fell
Tina
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I was 14 I wanted to be Kitiara. (I admit this with barely a twinge of embarrassment). And now, re-reading the novels as an adult, I still think she's pretty bad ass and do not look down on my coming-of-age infatuation with her (in fact, I will credit her with providing me one of my only strong female role models in my teenager years, despite her clearly evil alignment). And the rest of the novel isn't bad either, despite the repetition and various other literary issues. Basically, if ...more
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Dragons of Spring Dawning [Feb 10, 2018] 40 43 Feb 18, 2018 01:54PM
http://guidemesupplements.com/garcinia-shaping-pro/ 1 4 Apr 20, 2017 02:37AM
The Art of Gutter Cleaning 1 5 Apr 19, 2017 02:02AM

• Brothers Majere (Dragonlance: Preludes, #3)
  • The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1)
  • Kendermore (Dragonlance: Preludes, #2)
  • Kindred Spirits (Dragonlance: Meetings Sextet, #1)
  • Riverwind the Plainsman (Dragonlance: Preludes, #4; Preludes II, #1)
  • Dark Heart (Dragonlance: Meetings Sextet, #3)
  • Weasel's Luck (Dragonlance: Heroes, #3)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • Wanderlust (Dragonlance: Meetings Sextet, #2)
  • Homeland (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1)
  • Exile (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2)
  • The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4)
  • Darkness and Light (Dragonlance: Preludes, #1)
  • The Oath and the Measure (Dragonlance: Meetings Sextet, #4)
  • Flint the King (Dragonlance: Preludes, #5; Preludes II, #2)
  • Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1)
  • The Dawning of a New Age (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #1)
  • Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two ...more

Dragonlance Universe (1 - 10 of 230 books)
  • Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1)
  • Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2)
  • Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1)
  • War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)
  • Test of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #3)
  • The War of the Lance (DragonLance: Tales II, #3)
  • Dragons of a Fallen Sun (Dragonlance: The War of Souls, #1)
  • The Second Generation (Dragonlance: The Second Generation, #1)
  • Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home (Dragonlance: Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home, #1)
  • Dragons of the Dwarven Depths (Dragonlance: The Lost Chronicles, #1)

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...
“Why you decrepit old mage! You couldn't turn water into ice in the dead of winter!” 15 likes
“Interesting." Raistlin coughed the word.
Tanis glanced at him sharply. "What is interesting?"
"I've never heard you lie before, Half-Elf," Raistlin said softly. " I find it...quite...fascinating.”
11 likes