Start by marking “Right Side Talking” as Want to Read:
Right Side Talking

Right Side Talking

“Imagine that you are a young girl with intractable epilepsy. As a last resort you submit to an operation to sever the connection between the two sides of your brain. Though the operation successfully reduces your seizures, you are left forever with two separate minds: left and right, each unaware of the other.

Imagine further that while recovering in the hospital, you witn
Published (first published September 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Right Side Talking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Side Talking

MGGMMGGM
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
When I saw the blurb of Right Side talking, I was intrigued right away. The story is about Anna who at age 15 is experiencing intractable epilepsy which makes her life somewhat a living hell. Her family then decides that she must undergo operation since every medication given to her seems not to be working. She undergoes surgery and the connection of the halves of her brain is taken out making her right side brain unaware of the left side. After her surgery, Anna's brain seems to be dominating e ...more
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is a book about Anna, a young girl with severe epilepsy. Her only chance to stop the seizures is to cut the link between the two halves of her brain. The left side has no recollection of unfamiliar faces but the right side does but cannot speak. What happens therefore when she witnesses a murder?

I was lucky enough to receive a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it. It was a very well thought out and intriguing thriller. The pace didnt let up for a second and from the beginni
Michelle
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully written and surprisingly suspenseful book. The description provided to me by the author really intrigued me:

Imagine further that while recovering in the hospital, you witness
Skye
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
This review is also posted on my blog, In The Good Books.

Imagine further that while recovering in the hospital, you witness a murder. Your dominant left brain cannot recognize unfamiliar f
Whitney (First Impressions Reviews)
I should probably prefix this review by saying I had brain surgery when I was a teenager due to uncontrolled epilepsy so when going into a book about a teen girl who had epilepsy having the two hemispheres severed because of said condition, I knew I was bound to critique and be realistically critical. And I was.

Basically, the plot is Anna having brain surgery with her left and right hemispheres unable to communicate to each other making her mind act like a magic eight ball. This is unfortunate,
Jenny
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
This was a fantastic read. I have always loved psychology and the function of the brain - I studied it extensively in high school and college - but I never got a first hand look into a surgery testing the sections of the brain like I did with this book. You might think, "Ooh surgery," but unlike those graphic documentary style shows that show you just a little (or a lot) too much, Ms. Rozanski leaves enough to the imagination and explores the more important aspect of it - what happens when you s ...more
Missy (Missy's Reads & Reviews)
The first thing that hooked me to this story was the premise. It's not something that you come across a lot of these days. Being a psychology nut in high school, it intrigued me to no end - to the point where I had to squeeze this review in earlier than scheduled because it wouldn't leave me alone. I was not disappointed.

Told in third person narrative, you follow the main character Anna mostly through the story - though there is a slew of secondary characters attached as well. Anna's journey thr
Lynda Kelly
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: deleted
This was all a bit farfetched for my liking. I didn't like a remark a psychologist made in it-it seemed way over-the-top to me and then someone who murders two people in quick succession says to himself that he's no killer........really ? I know it's fiction but for me I have to at least partly believe what I'm reading and I didn't.
I got 26% in and packed it in and I'd only found one apostrophe error which gave this one an extra star for me, though.
Susan
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
A unique storyline and not so much murder mystery as we know whodunit but a bit of a psychological thriller .... sort of. I started it in the morning, half-heartedly, and found I could hardly put it down. A page turner for me. No typos jumped out. Kind of wooden characters, 1.5 dimensional, and a courtroom drama like the old Perry Mason days, but I give it 5 stars nonetheless.
Paula Humphrey
Jul 11, 2011 rated it liked it
I got a free copy of this book on my kindle thru Bookroosters to review and I have to say the very first thing about it was that the only place the title of the book shows is on the cover/title page. It pulls up as the author's name in my list of books.
Jack
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This novel uses an interesting psychological phenomenon as they key for a murder mystery whose suspense continues into the courtroom.
Judy
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I think I got this one free or fairly cheap for my kindle. It was a fascinating read, even though I could totally imagine it as a script for an episode of Law and Order the whole time
Jodi Jeannette
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This book took a very unique approach- a witness who has just had a rare brain surgery... very interesting!
Wanda
Aug 01, 2012
Sep 15, 2012
Niamh
Sep 25, 2012
Bonnie is an author and prize-winning playwright currently living in New Jersey. Born in Queens, New York, she has lived in Hong Kong, Canada, and all over the US. With degrees in Psychology and Artificial Intelligence, always fascinated by the human mind, Bonnie writes on matters touching on consciousness and the human condition.

BANANA KISS, Bonnie's debut novel, told from the point of view of a