Start by marking “La Chiamata dei Tre (La Torre Nera, #2)” as Want to Read:
La Chiamata dei Tre (La Torre Nera, #2)

La Chiamata dei Tre

(The Dark Tower #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  240,936 ratings  ·  9,199 reviews
"La chiamata dei tre" riprende la narrazione delle gesta di Roland, l'eroe solitario deciso a raggiungere la misteriosa Torre. Nel loro definitivo confronto-scontro l'uomo in nero aveva predetto la sorte a Roland con uno strano mazzo di tarocchi. Ora il pistolero si ritrova seduto su una spiaggia del Mare Occidentale, dopo un sonno che forse è durato anni. Sa che dovrà tro ...more
Published September 2003 by Sperling & Kupfer (first published May 1987)

To ask other readers questions about La Chiamata dei Tre, please sign up.
Daniel If you pay some attention you'll notice that things such as time, space, direction, etc are inconsistent or just plain incorrect in Roland's universe.…moreIf you pay some attention you'll notice that things such as time, space, direction, etc are inconsistent or just plain incorrect in Roland's universe. The world has "moved on" as they say.

"Sometimes, even the sun rises in the north and sets in the east."
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dar...

It could be an oversight, but most likely meant to raise that exact question: Are east and west swapped in Roland's universe, or is this simply a symptom of a world that has 'moved on'?(less)
Sheila Stone The release date for the film is 8/4/2017. Am I the only one who feels the roles should be reversed in the film. There are comments everywhere about R…moreThe release date for the film is 8/4/2017. Am I the only one who feels the roles should be reversed in the film. There are comments everywhere about Roland's BLUE eyes. In The Drawing of the Three, Detta goes ape shit at Roland because he is white. I think Idris should be the man in black and Mathew should be Roland. IMHO(less)

·  240,936 ratings  ·  9,199 reviews

Start your review of La Chiamata dei Tre (La Torre Nera, #2)
Jayson
(B-) 71% | Satisfactory
Notes: It plays tunes of discomfort by pulses and shrieks, sagging for lengths in its middle but picking up pace near the end.
Luca Ambrosino
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
English (The Drawing of the Three) / Italiano

The story resumes exactly where it ended up with The Gunslinger: on a beach. Roland wakes up after a sleep that maybe lasted years, with the only aim of recruiting the Three, without whom the journey to the Dark Tower cannot continue...

I was right to say in my review to the first chapter of the "Dark Tower" that there would be a turning point in subsequent volumes, and that "The Gunslinger" represented a sort of introduction in which nothing was clear

Mario the lone bookwolf
Characterizationality at it´s best prepares the stage for entering the masters´ universe.

It has more of stories surrounding the 2 main protagonists, whose paths continually come closer, than a plot driven horror novel, but how we get to meet them shows Kings´ ingenuity. Years have passed since I´ve read it and I can still vividly remember them, feel and fear with them.

Mental illness is both a difficult to describe and to deal with topic and King uses the full potential by switching between diffe
megs_bookrack
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Drawing of Three is a stunning literary accomplishment; even the second time around. Truly reread GOLD!

Earlier:

I know at the beginning of the year I said I wasn't going to reread the same Stephen King books over and over again.

What can I say? I'm a Tower Junkie and I need my fix.

Original:

The Drawing of Three, the second installment of King's Epic Adult Fantasy, The Dark Tower series, blew me away.

From start to finish, I was drawn in with these characters and felt their worlds falling into p
Lyn
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What the hell did I just read?

The Drawing of the Three is as far as I can tell, a unique literary experience.

The second book in King’s The Dark Tower series, published 5 years after The Gunslinger, this really begins The Dark Tower series. From my limited experience at having ready two of these, and myself more than two years in between, The Gunslinger seems like a prologue, a table setting. Maybe, just maybe, The Gunslinger is to The Dark Tower series as The Hobbit is to The Lord of the Rings.
Baba
2020 review: “What we like to think of ourselves and what we really are rarely have much in common...” ― Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

After the rather off-key, disjointed but ultimately the warm-up that was the 'The Gunslinger' readers had to wait for years for part two, and boy were they rewarded! King goes full dark fantasy mode with excerpts of very well crafted horror in this, the most insane, exhilarating, ground-breaking walk down a beach ever!

King holds nothing back in regards to
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2), Stephen King

The Drawing of the Three is a fantasy novel by American writer Stephen King, the second book in The Dark Tower series, published by Grant in 1987.

The book begins less than seven hours after the end of The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger after The Man in Black has described The Gunslinger's fate using tarot cards.

Roland wakes up on a beach, and he is suddenly attacked by a strange, lobster-like creature, which he dubs a "lobstrosity." He kill
Delee
When a very close friend lists a book as an ALL-TIME FAVORITE!!...the pressure to love it, and give it a review deserving of its fabulous-ness, is immense...when that very close friend is the gloooooorious Stepheny- the pressure is OFF THE CHARTS!!!! Anyone familiar with her- will know EXACTLY what I mean. ;)

...So here goes nothing *deep breath*...

photo 52be0ac8-bb79-4287-83a3-30d7dacde162_zpszibrxsca.jpg

THE DRAWING OF THE THREE- the second book in The Dark Tower series- takes place seven hours after we last left Roland Deschain in The Gunslinger. The
Mohammed Arabey
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike the dry Book One which was following one man in an endless desert;

Here are Three doing so..The More the Merrier indeed.
The Drawing of Three
Oh and it's endless beach this time..with monstrous crabs.. so much fun, trust me :)

لا أنكر أن الفيلم هو سببا رئيسيا لمتابعتي للسلسلة رغم انه كان مبسطا جدا ودون مستوي عمق روايات ستيفين كينج عاما
لكن الفيلم وضح قليلا من فكرة "برج الظلام" المبني عليها أحداث الرواية ، ويعدك بأن السلسلة بها ثغرات تؤدي لعوالم موازية، ازمنة مختلفة، وحوش متنكرة بيننا ، وش
Kemper
Mid-World General Emergency Room - 9:19 PM

“Step in here, please. What’s your name?”

“Roland Deschain.”

“And do you have any allergies, Mr. Deschain?”

“No.”

“And when…..wait a second. Roland Deschain? The last gunslinger? The guy who is on a quest to find the Dark Tower?”

“That’s me.”

“Wow. This is an honor. I mean, I see a lot of scum and mutants come through here. Especially since the world has moved on and all that, but to get Roland the gunslinger in here as a patient? That’s just crazy! I can’t wa
Nataliya
May 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine this: You are the world’s last gunslinger, on the most obsessive quest one can ever think of, injured and half-dead from blood poisoning — and you see a free-standing door on a deserted lobstrosity-infested beach that seems destined to be your final resting place. The door that seems to lead to nowhere, hinged on empty space. What do you do?

Yeah, I thought so. Of course you go through.
‘Well,’ Eddie said, ‘what was behind Door Number One wasn’t so hot, and what was behind Door Number T
Matthew
Another King reread – this time for the third time.

I was excited to get back to The Drawing of the Three as it is my favorite book of the Dark Tower series. I feel like this book came right when King was hitting the sweet spot for both the quest for the tower but as well as his other novels; around this same time he was releasing/working on Skeleton Crew, It, and Misery. Also, this is a reread as part of my working back through the King books in chronological order, so it is interesting to take
Stephen
Jeff
Available: Amazing Beach Front Property!!!

Plots available for building your dream home in a lush vacation paradise.

Only 666 lots left! Little to no money down! Hurry! Act Now!!

Great ocean view!! Mountains only an hour's drive away!

Unlimited parking!

You’re a doorway away from such exotic NYC entertainment as: Naked gunfights, wheelchair obstacle course, police car races, Whack-a-gangster, Bop-a-cop, and the locally famous flaming-creep subway run.

For the sportsman: minutes from an unl
Johann (jobis89)
"Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing."

The Last Gunslinger, Roland Deschain, faces three mysterious doors which will lead him to different times within our world. From these, he must draw the three who will accompany him on his journey.

So it turns out that my memory of the Dark Tower series is pretty patchy - I have forgotten so many details!! However, I could never forget THAT opening sc
Markus
Without thought, with the simple resolve that had made him the last of them all, the last to continue marching on and on long after Cuthbert and the others had died or given up, committed suicide or treachery or simply recanted the whole idea of the Tower; with the single-minded and incurious resolve that had driven him across the desert and all the years before the desert in the wake of the man in black, the gunslinger stepped through the doorway.

The journey to the Dark Tower continues, and
LIsa Noell "Rocking the Chutzpah!"
Time for a re-read. I have forgotten the face of my father! ....O.K., It was Oy and Jake, but dang, it does sound dramatic doesn't it?😁😀 ...more
Trish
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OK, the resolution to #3 (and thus #2) was really cool!

This is the second installment of the Dark Tower series and we once again follow a very strange hero. After not being talked to death by Walter at the end of the last book, Roland is trying to find out what the three cards drawn from the Tarot meant. Though why he believes in a Tarot laid out by Walter of all people, I don't really know.
In any case, Roland finds a door, opens it - and finds himself in the body of another per
Dan Schwent
Roland Deschain, fresh from the events of the Gunslinger, lies exhausted and poisoned on the shores of the ocean. In his delirium, he finds three doorways leading to our world and his new ka-tet. Will Roland survive long enough to bring his new ka-tet?

This is when the Dark Tower really started coming together. The first thing that happens really shocked the crap out of me. Damn lobstrosities! I had no idea what Roland was going to go through when I first opened this one.

The new characters are in
Adina
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What have I just read? Is this written by the same author that put The Gunslinger on paper? It does not seem so at all. If the name of the main characters hadn’t been Roland, I wouldn’t have known that the two books are from the same series. That’s how different thee 2 books are in writing style. Notwithstanding, I’ve enjoyed both of them just as much.

The Drawing of the Three starts where the previous instalment left us, on the beach. The beginning is abrupt and unexpected with Roland having a
Zoeytron
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Drawing, in any sense of the word, is more difficult when you are down two fingers.  On a desolate beach, three doorways will appear, one by one.  Three doorways representing three cards - The Prisoner, The Lady of the Shadows, and The Pusher.  All with myriad meanings, some literal, some figurative.  All instrumental in Roland's quest for The Dark Tower.  Worlds other than this, indeed.

This is probably my fifth reading of The Drawing of the Three.  The lobstrosities are just as terrifying.  The
seak
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, stephen-king
Hey, I have a booktube channel (youtube for book reviews, etc.), and I include The Drawing of the Three in my Dark Tower Ranking list here. Please subscribe if I've earned it!

"...There's going to be shooting."
"There is?"
"Yes." The gunslinger looked serenely at Eddie. "Quite a lot of it, I think."

And so begins the coolest, most intense gun fight I've ever read.

Ever since I put down The Stand 300 pages in, I thought I'd never read another Stephen King novel. You could say I was even proud of the
Apatt
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
“Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?”

This bit of nonsense is likely to send shivers down the spine of Dark Tower fans, it is one of the most memorable scenes in the entire series which spans seven books (originally). The bizarre “questions” are constantly asked by the “lobstrosity” creatures even while they are munching on people.

The above picture—lifted from the graphic novel edition—is not quite to scale as the lobstrosity is described in The Drawing of the Three as “four feet lo
Michael || TheNeverendingTBR
I thoroughly enjoyed my re-read of this, like i said it's been years since I've re-read the series and it feels like im rediscovering it.

The Dark Tower series is so detailed, like every time i read it I'm always noticing something else; that i missed on my last read.

The aim here was to take my time with this re-read because I wanted to live in it longer and soak it up but I'm taking longer than expected because I've got my newborn son who needs my attention as well now.

Anyway, I'm glad to be ba
Stepheny
I’ve read the Dark Tower Series several times over the years. It is a series I hold very close to my heart, one that draws me in and whispers in my ear; begs to be read again.

So, when Calamity Bev, Rootin’ Tootin’ Pistol Packin’ Delee, Jumpin’ Jeff and Straight Shootin' Susan asked me to join them along the Path of the Beam on a most noble quest to the Dark Tower I said yes without a moment’s hesitation.

The Drawing of the Three is a book that on its own is in my list of top 10 books ever w
Jonathan
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As King opens up the world and cast of his tale the book gets that much better.

"Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you, and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing."

There are quite a few on your feet moments in this book. You can see them happening, vividly, in your mind. It's enough to make you beg for a HBO or Netflix series to treat this series right and do 5+ seasons of it.

"She could only hope. But is there anything else? s
Justin
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephen King gets back to his old self and Stephen Kings all over the second book of the Dark Tower series. This one is written more in the King style we have all come to know and love. It’s much more what you would expect from picking up a King novel, but it still has that western fantasy vibe pulsing throughout its pages.

And, again, the book is pretty good. I’ve read half of the series before, I know the next two books are really good, especially Wizard and Glass. I keep saying that. I’ll pro
Jonathan O'Neill
Jul 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy
4.5 ⭐

”Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?”
- Lobstrosity #1 (Wanted for Digit Theft)

The Drawing of The Three maintains the high standard set for ‘The Dark Tower’ series, by King in ‘The Gunslinger’. While it remains a unique and compelling story, this entry felt much more conventional in both prose and storytelling than the first. However, what it lacks in further hallucinatory mind-fuckery, dreamy abstraction, and thoughtful, at times verging on philosophical, reflection; it ma
Will M.
Roland continues with his quest for The Dark Tower. While he was alone at first, he decides to have some company. He decides to have a drawing of the three. Three more people to be involved in his obsessive quest for the tower. Will he compromise the lives of the chosen ones, or will he make them better? The amazing quest continues in this second installment of the series.

Once again King introduced amazing characters. Right from the start I knew I was going to like Eddie Dean. He was this drug d
Kyle
Mar 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish

Just not my kind of book or series I guess.

I found some parts interesting but having to dig through the paragraph-long sentences that seemed to jump randomly from subject to subject just lost me.

Some people really enjoyed this book. I've had many people recommend it. I passed the 50% mark today, which is my rule before giving up on a book, and decided I simply was NOT enjoying it at all and saw no point in continuing.

I'm really disappointed because I had heard so many good things about this s

• The Gunslinger Born (Stephen King's The Dark Tower: Beginnings, #1)
  • The Regulators
  • The Long Walk
  • Thinner
  • Roadwork
  • The Running Man
  • Charlie the Choo-Choo
  • The Long Road Home (Stephen King's The Dark Tower: Beginnings, #2)
  • Rage
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather (The Button Box, #2)
  • The Pandarus File
  • Blaze
  • The Little Sisters of Eluria (Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, #2)
  • Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • Dune Messiah (Dune, #2)
  • NOS4A2
See top shelves…

The Dark Tower (7 books)
  • The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1)
  • The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower, #3)
  • Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower, #4)
  • Wolves of the Calla (The Dark Tower, #5)
  • Song of Susannah (The Dark Tower, #6)
  • The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower, #7)