Start by marking “Invincible” as Want to Read:
Invincible

Invincible (Benedict Brothers #2)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  326 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
"Bella Benedict's five children are scattered around the world like a handful of jewels. Now she's dying and has one last wish. To bring her children home. And to give them what she had: a marriage of passion."

Playboy Max Benedict has no interest in commitment. He had his heart broken once and that was enough. Instead, he travels the world, working as a sometime spy for th
Published November 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published October 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible

Carol Storm
Jun 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'm bailing on this P.O.S.

It's not that it's a bad romance novel, it's because IT'S NOT A ROMANCE NOVEL!

Every single time it looks like Max the handsome billionaire spy is going to hook up with Kristin, the tough but vulnerable FBI agent and ex-tennis champ (God, I hate these two goody-goody mannequins) suddenly we cut away to . . . to . . . to the hero's mother. Because she's dying. Slowly. Of heart failure. Oh, but she just has to fix up all her children with partners before she croaks!
Cheryl
Jan 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max Benedict works for the CIA.

Kristin Lassiter is a FBI agent. She has currently been put on suspension. Without a job, Kristin can not pay her bills. Kristin is offered an opportunity that she can not pass up. Bella Benedict tells Kristin that if she helps Max on his current mission, than she will pay all her bills off. There is just one condition…Kristin must get Max to fall in love with her. Kristin has a lot at stake besides her heart. Her daughter, Flick as well.

Invincible is the second
Ann Keller
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
When CIA operative Max Benedict hears of a plot to assassinate President Taylor, he rushes to do his duty. President Taylor adores tennis and the upcoming tennis tournament would be the perfect place to stage the attempted assassination. Could the killer be one of the tennis players or coaches?

Ten years ago, Kristin Lassiter spent an unforgettable night in Max Benedict’s arms. He was everything a young girl dreamed of - handsome, charming and caring. Even though he hurt her when she finally beca
Wanderer ♔ Wanderlust ♔
Did not like book 1 in this series but since I had this one already due to a "secret baby" storyline reading binge I felt I had to read it and also give the author a second shot.

Oy! Didn't like this one either. First it was a little confusing because it started out with new characters. The same last name as those from book 1 but none of the siblings/half-siblings/step-siblings we learned of in book 1. Instead, it turns out this is another branch of the family - the European branch.

Anyway, I foun
L.A.
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-reviews
Isabella Wharton Benedict, Duchess of Blackthorne, such a strong nom de plume, and yet what did any of it mean. Bella is dying, slowly and surely her heart is beginning to fail. It could be immediately of a heart attack or possibly three years down the road with good care. The damage is done and there is no going back. Now her only hope is that she can make amends, both with her husband and her children. While her marriage was never easy it grew into a cauldron of heat and fire, a passion that f ...more
Linda Walters
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this story. It had really good characters and plenty of plots and misunderstandings. Not everything was as it seems and that includes Bella. She just might not be as "evil" as she has been painted. There is a lot of mysteries with just Bella all on her own. Although she hasn't been much of an involved mother to her children, there was some insight about that but not a lot.

Kristin and Max had their fair share of misunderstandings and a pretty serious one with unexpected consequences when
Cherise
When they were teens Max and Kristin were best friends and for one night, lovers. But after that one night they parted ways and haven’t seen nor heard from each other in 10 years. Now Kristin’s job is on the line at the FBI and Max needs her skills to help him uncover an assassination plot against the President. With the uncovering of some misunderstandings and some secrets, and a little nudge here and there from Max’s infamous mother, Bella, these two are taking another look at romance.

I am on
Gemma
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tally Song
Oct 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fellow Romance Readers
Recommended to Tally by: Net Galley
If you are looking for a quick fun romance to read this is your book. The back story of a match-making mother who has her own continueing romance story unfolding adds depth to the story and helps to keep the story from becoming stale. The sexy single aristicratic son who moonlights as a spy, meets and old flame who still lights his fire and comissions her to help him unravel an assassination attempt to kill the president. Although this sounds like the making of a good suspense/romance novel the ...more
Ferne
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to agree with one of the reviewers of this book on Amazon.com. I, too, am on the 'fence' about this book. There were some things in the book that I enjoyed - enough to keep turning the pages to finish the book. I do not think I'll read any of the other titles in the series.

The characterizations were great. I loved daughter Flick, (her vocabulary made me smile) and even the 'Mean Witch' - Miss Bella and of course the stars of the book, Kristin and Max. However, I didn't enjoy the history i
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • Phantom Marriage
  • Crazy About A Cowboy
  • At the Boss's Beck and Call (Undressed by the Boss) (Harlequin Presents #2882)
  • An Heir for the Millionaire: The Greek and the Single Mom / The Millionaire's Contract Bride
  • Doorstep Twins
  • Guns and Roses (PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher, #8.5; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Too Good To Be True (D and S Security, #2)
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
  • The Greek Boss's Demand
  • Except My Love
  • Marriage at His Convenience | Cinta Terpendam
  • Deceived
  • A Private Duel with Agent Gunn (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #3)
  • Loveplay
  • I Spy a Naughty Game (Shado Agency, #2)
  • Enemy Mine (L.O.S.T., #2)
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
Joan Johnston (born Little Rock, Arkansas) is a best-selling American author of over forty contemporary and historical romance novels.

Johnston was the third of seven children born to an Air Force sergeant and his music-teacher wife. She received a B.A. in theatre arts from Jacksonville University in 1970, then earning an M.A. in theatre from the University of Illinois, Urbana in 1971. She received
More about Joan Johnston...

Benedict Brothers (3 books)
  • Outcast (Benedict Brothers, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Benedict Brothers #3)