Start by marking “The Shadow Side” as Want to Read:
The Shadow Side

The Shadow Side

Dr. Elizabeth Barnes has devoted her heart and soul to medical research...at the expense of love. Until a detective contacts her about a recent wave of homicides, which may have resulted from her new anti-depressant. Now, this intense, driven cop may be the only one who can stop the killings-and save her from the dark side.
Published July 1st 2003 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow Side

Dee
Two-haiku review:

Drug she developed
Might cause murderous rages
Including cop's bro

Exciting thriller
Nice romance, well plotted twists
Enjoyable read
Susan
Jun 21, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
I enjoyed the plot and suspense of this book but thought it spent too much time developing the relationship between the two leads. At times this was more like a romance novel. I kept wanting them to get out of bed and do something to solve the mystery. I would have preferred more action outside of the bedroom and less in it.
Dani Moore
Apr 30, 2012 Dani Moore rated it it was amazing
Adam thinks his life is effectively over. His partner and his wife have betrayed him, while he was recovering from an on the Job traumatic Brain Injury. He still has crippling migraine headaches, moments of rage and dizziness that he is sure may never go away. He figures his career as a cop is over so hew might as well drink. then comes the knock on his door. His brother and sister-in-law are dead. The cops think it's an open and shut case of murder suicide. But Adam knows better. He starts out ...more
Darcy
Nov 22, 2009 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, mystery
While the romance angle of this book was predictable, I liked the couple and kept guessing at the thriller aspect.

Adam and Eli are about the 2 most different people there can be, so of course the have to end up together. Adam definitely is not like your typical hero in what happened to him in the past. Just the fact that he could come back from something like that and still be sane after the betrayals of those closest to him speaks volumes. Eli is your typical egg head doctor, but it works for h
Kristi
Jan 22, 2011 Kristi rated it really liked it
Terry Odell
Jul 04, 2009 Terry Odell rated it really liked it
This was the first book by Castillo that I read. I liked that she could show a relationship between two character without having to bring them together right up front in typical romance fashion. It's nice to see the genre's envelope expanding.
Cherylck
Aug 29, 2010 Cherylck rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
The Kindle version has too many editing problems, missed words, paragraphs that run together, 1's mistaken for I's. The story was okay - this was closer to the author's Harlequin writing time as opposed to her most recent, which are better murder mysteries.
fivethousandbooks
Jul 23, 2007 fivethousandbooks rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense
A mediocre medical-related thriller. I just don't know why the author felt the need to inject [bad pun, I know] several unecessary sex scenes in the story. But then again, it is within the romantic suspense genre.
Anna
Jul 10, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was a perfect combination of a hot love story and an exciting thriller. On top of that, the subject (side effects of antidepressants) is of special interest to me, so the book kept me wide awake at night until the very last page.
Melinda
May 22, 2015 Melinda rated it it was amazing
First of Linda's books that isn't Amish. She is a gifted mystery writer. This book kept me glued to it.
Courtney
Oct 20, 2009 Courtney rated it really liked it
This was the first Linda Castillo book that I had ever read. I'm a big fan of romantic suspense novels, and I think Linda is a great author to have in this genre.
Ger
Aug 07, 2011 Ger rated it it was ok
Good entertaining, if predictable crime yarn.
Julie Bell
Mar 11, 2014 Julie Bell rated it really liked it
Good mystery! Really enjoyed.
Jocelyn
Jan 31, 2016 Jocelyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Another wonderful romance suspense by Linda Castillo!!!:)
Victoria Kator
Apr 05, 2016 Victoria Kator rated it liked it
pretty predictable, risque intimate scences. a fast read but she has written better overall stories...
Christy
Feb 15, 2016 Christy rated it it was amazing
Linda Castillo is so, so good. I just can't put any book down that she has written. This one kept me up until very early in the morning. I can't wait to read the next one by her!
Carol Zecha
Carol Zecha rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
RachKromp
RachKromp rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2012
Nikki Holonich
Nikki Holonich rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Amy Kerkstra
Amy Kerkstra rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Judy Mandle
Judy Mandle rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2011
Blythe
Blythe rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2010
Jill Larson
Jill Larson rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Julie Ann
Julie Ann rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2011
Julie Maher
Julie Maher rated it did not like it
May 14, 2014
Anne OK
Anne OK rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2009
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2011
Jo Stirton
Jo Stirton rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
  • Taking the Heat
  • Lethal Confessions
  • Chosen Prey
  • Wild Hearts (Secrets and Lies, #1)
  • Crazy Love (Steele Street, #5)
  • Hearts in Vegas
  • Deadly Pursuit (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #1)
  • Cinderman
  • Night After Night (The Reliance Group, #2)
  • Missing
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • French Twist
  • Facing Fear (S.A.S.S., #2)
  • Coming in Hot (SEAL EXtreme Team, #1)
  • Tallchief
  • A SEAL's Song
  • Danger Close (Shadow Warriors, #1)
  • While You Were Dead
Linda Castillo is the New York Times bestselling author of the Kate Burkholder series, including Sworn to Silence and Gone Missing, crime thrillers set in Amish country. Sworn to Silence was recently adapted into a Lifetime original movie titled An Amish Murder starring Neve Campbell as Kate Burkholder.

Castillo is the recipient of numerous industry awards, including the Daphne du Maurier Award of
More about Linda Castillo...