Start by marking “The Every Year Collection” as Want to Read:
The Every Year Collection

The Every Year Collection

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  558 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
A wonderful collection of Cecelia’s short stories
As the smell of pinecones and cinnamon fill the air and the plump turkey roasts in the oven, the final preparations for Christmas day have begun just as they do every year.

The tree lights are twinkling and the mince pies are cooked and there is just one final tradition to carry out before the Christmas magic can begin. This
Audiobook
Published October 14th 2010 by HarperCollins

Mridu  aka Storypals
Love <3

I remember how at first I picked up Cecilia Ahern's book, I remember loving reading since then.
Be it, family, be it, love, be it just passion she writes so beautifully that you want more.
These short stories were just a reminder and words on paper that prove that magic exists in this world.
Učitaj se!
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Zbog naslovnice, samog naslova - Svake godine - i činjenice da je izašla u vrijeme Božića, očekivala sam da će ovo biti knjižica bajkovitih božićnih priča, onakvih kakve zna napisati samo Cecelia Ahern. No božićna je priča samo jedna, ona naslovna, ali to ne znači da sve 3 priče nisu zaista dobre.

Svake godine prva je, i naslovna, priča ove zbirke i govori o ukrasu anđela koji stoji navrh božićnog drvca svake godine u jednoj obitelji, u kojoj se, kako se to već s obiteljima događa, s godinama nje
Michelle Green
I'm a massive celia fan, but her short stories are always quite odd and in the nicest possible way a bit pointless...I never seem to get where she's coming from. Always enjoy her big stories more :)
Alonsita
3 nepovezane priče, svaka za sebe posebna po sadržaju.
Moram priznati da ne znam zašto je većina opčinjena ovom knjižicom, no mene nije podigla na noge. Nekoliko dana nakon što sam knjigu pročitala, od tri spomenute priče, sjećam se samo jedne. Rekla bih da to govori sasvim dovoljno o knjizi. Ili meni. :)
Marija
3.33/5

Svake godine 3/5
Djevojka u zrcalu 4/5
Tvorac uspomena 3/5
Petra Miocic

Djetinjstva su rezervirana za bajke. Pa ih, kad odrastemo, kao više ne trebamo. Ili u njih ne vjerujemo. Osobito radi li se o pričama čija se čarolija proteže na tek nekoliko stranica. U djetinstvu se također, mnogo više no u odrasloj dobi, oslanjamo na svoju obitelj, u njoj tražimo podršku, zaklon i sigurnost. Odrastajući i ta potreba postaje sve manja i slabija. Ili mi bar tako mislimo. Zajedništvo i zaklon nam prestaju biti potrebni ili i u njih prestaj
Ainur
I miss reading Cecelia’s writing. I read two of her short stories before, Girl in the Mirror and The Memory Maker and I love both. So, this will be another short stories from her and I must say I enjoyed reading some of them, while I felt indifferent for some.

Every Year
A story about Christmas preparations. A story from one ornament’s? (I’m not sure about this) POV. It’s okay, I guess. The detailed descriptions of the moments, really showes that this is Cecelia’s writing.

Twenty-four minutes
Jade
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2014
Otherwise known as The Cheesy or Depressing Collection!

After quite a long and heavy read previously, and having stress-filled work days with small snippets of breaks ahead, I really looked forward to some light, easy-going Ahern short stories. I was all ready to feel good about the world, enjoy some comical bites giving me great, small bursts of escapism.

Sorry Cecelia, but this collection is pretty bad. It ranged from cringe-worthy cheesiness to down right depressing. Before the end I started to
Ena Hasečić
Roman sadrži 3 priče bajkovitog karaktera i svaka ima neke crteže vezane uz radnju. Prigodna je za ovo vrijeme jer prva priča govori o Božiću, vremenu darivanja, porodici...osim toga preporučujem je za sve uzraste, a posebno za tinejdžere koji obično imaju problem sa nedostatkom ovakvih knjiga ali i za starije jer svaka priča sadrži određenu poruku.

Moja preporuka za roman jer se brzo čita i sigurna sam da vas samo 100 strana neće smoriti. Ocjena 3 jer sam u obzir uzela žanr i dužinu romana.
Juliet
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While some people might find these short stories depressing and weird, I like how the feeling for love, family and friendship were depicted through these weird scenarios.

My favorites were 24minutes & Table for Two. Both were very thought provoking. It shows how time and tiny gestures could changed your life forever.

This is a great book for those who are emotional and loves to think over a subject. Not for those who dislike fantasy and stories out of the box.
Original Doll (Lea Martinuš)
Magical, sad but inspirative stories about love, time and relationships.
I think "Girl in a mirror" would make awesome book.
Judy
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast and easy read. Surprisingly touching and interesting. Each chapter is not your regular story - I enjoyed the representation and presentation.
Al-Ghalia Al-Yaqoobi
Cecelia is one of my favourite authors. I love most of her books but not this one. I did enjoy some of them like Twenty-four minutes and The Calling but I disliked the others.
Carmen
Cecelia has the gift of making me cry reading about ducks. I love her.
Teija
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I think short stories aren't Ahern's best work. Her stories work so much better in novel form, when they develop and unravel slowly.
Everlark101199
girl in the mirror
every year 5/5
the memory maker 4/5
Tea
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting short stories.
I liked some of them.
Realized I am not a big fan of short stories.
That is probably the reason why this rating is not higher.
Graceann
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic short stories
Shelves: short-stories
The unifying theme (barring one story) in this collection is love. Finding it, losing it, celebrating its long duration.

I sometimes find when I read a short story or essay collection that there's nothing that ties the tales together. I have to have the frame of mind at the end of one story that will allow me to be receptive to the next. For the most part, Every Year fulfilled this remit.

My favorite stories, The Calling and Celebrating Mum, were utterly beautiful to me. Stories of long and full
Mita
Mar 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was apprehensive about it only being available in an audiobook form but I listened to it while doing a few things on my computer and I found that I rather enjoyed it.

The stories were short enough for me to pause and continue when I needed to step out of the room, and they were light enough for me to enjoy while doing other things. What I intended to be a short listen of one or two chapters ended up being listening to the entire book.

The narrator read it clearly, and the Irish accent added th
Jess
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved reading books which were compilations of short stories, but usually, they were creations of different creators. And the thing that I loved about them was you can feel that each story was its own, because of the authors' different ways of writing.

I'm amazed by this book because even though there is only one author, the stories were different from each other. I enjoyed reading each story. Each time I finished reading one I was eager to read the next. Kudos to the author. Definite
~☆laura
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Ok so this is a collection of small stories and I thought each one was actually written really well you cannot deny that the author is talented and each story was different and had a different life lesson within it. However I must say the story's are rather how do I put this slightly depressing lol good but I was left feeling rather depressed myself lol these are the first stories I have read by this author and she has proved to be a good writer and I will read more of her books I just hope they ...more
Rhona Crawford
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love short stories with a bit of a twist: these short stories are snapshots of ordinary people, but making them all leave their marks in an unusual way. These stories are the type that (almost) inspire me to write my own ...
Orlaya
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellas
"Every Year" - Heartwarming and real. My family also has an angel--I wonder what this one would have to say...
"Girl in the Mirror" - It kept me on the edge of my chair. Thrilling, upsetting, amazing.
"The Memory Maker" - Incredibly beautiful.

5 brilliant stars for each story!
Andrea
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm so sorry to say this, because I adore Cecelia Ahern. But I'm not so thrilled about writing a review for those short novels. I'm not saying it was bad just saying when I saw the book for the first time I had bigger expectations.
Neeti
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a lovely collection of stories. However, most of the short stories have predictable same old endings. The writing, as usual, is beautiful. My favourite short stories were- Mallard and May, Celebrating Mum.
Nermeen Elbek
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cecilia ahern, i love u :)
Nowheregirl
Aug 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
transformations like these make me believe that maybe what they show in movies are true...that maybe when people fall and hit their head ( or someone hit their head) they completely lose it? Seriously? what the fuck??????
Cathie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't keen on this to be honest, I kept reading in hope that it would improve. A couple of the stories I did enjoy a little but mostly I didn't get anything from them. Was expecting much more as I have literally devoured any book by this author ever written.
Rita Pot
Love Ahern's story flow and how she makes us remember that it is the little things of the every day that matter.
Santhi
Somewhat predictable... her signature enchantment was sorely missing in these short tales
  • No Dress Rehearsal
  • Santa Maybe
  • The Builders
  • About Falling in Love
  • Summer in Sorrento (Escape to Italy, #1)
  • All I want for Christmas
  • Me & D*ck: It's Not What You Know, It's Who You...
  • The Lost Garden
  • The Perfect Score
  • Ladies' Night at  Finbar's Hotel
  • Diary of an Unsmug Married
  • The Definitive Book of Pick-Up Lines
Cecelia Ahern was born and grew up in Dublin. She is now published in nearly fifty countries, and has sold over twenty-five million copies of her novels worldwide. Two of her books have been adapted as films and she has created several TV series.
More about Cecelia Ahern...

Fiction Deals

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • On Turpentine Lane
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99