Start by marking “The Trespass” as Want to Read:
The Trespass

The Trespass

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  304 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Anthropologist Simon Dracup's daughter is missing - he knows that his only hope of finding her alive lies within the pages of his grandfather's diary, the record of a near century old expedition to Mount Ararat, legendary resting place of the great Ark of Noah. When the CIA pays him a visit Dracup learns that something was found on the Ark. Something priceless. Now its own ...more
Published February 23rd 2009 by Myrtle Villa Publishing (first published February 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Trespass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trespass

F'reez Eegluu
Jun 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Appalling.

Disappointing points, in order of sorts:

1. Probably the worst set of dialogues I've ever read, with laughable monologues.

2. 2-dimensional characters. No depth whatsoever, with inconsistent behaviour sets.

3. Poor story line, with massive plot holes and pointless, uninteresting twists.

I always try my best to suspend belief when reading fiction - they are, after all, work of fiction - and go with the flow. But in this case I should've suspended the action of reading altogether.

Wasted time
Kath
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I bought this cos I enjoyed Black December and wanted to try more of the Author's stuff, even though it is a completely different genre.
I found it to be an enjoyable read, admittedly a tad far fetched in parts but, hey - it's fiction. I found the characters well written and interesting and the twists and turns certainly kept me guessing - good guys are bad guys and bad guys turned out good! At times it was quite hard dragging myself away from it to get on with the banalities of life.
The action s
Elizabeth Tangora
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Some interesting ideas mashed together with groan-worthy revelations, and bizarre character motivations. My biggest pet peeve was the way that supposedly earth-shattering information was introduced in a matter-of-fact way, given a few paragraphs of explanation (that usually, on examination, didn't make much sense) and then everybody just keeps going about their business. Throw in a lot of adventure movie cliches (and even if your characters joke about it being cliche, it's STILL a cliche) and yo ...more
Audrey
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed me from the very begining, I loved it. It had everything you could want from a good read, one word of warning, once you pick it up you will not want to put it down..............
Ellie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Overly long and farcical. It annoys me that this was billed as an "archaeological thriller"; this is not archaeology, it's fantasy.

The only saving grace is that it's an easy read so I could read it while in the gym.
Kathryn Svendsen
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, thriller
If you like riddles and puzzles, you will enjoy trekking along with Simon Dracup and he seeks to solve the mystery that his grandfather left for him in his diary. He finds out that his grandfather actually located Noah’s ark, and found something of great worth on it. The Korumak Tanri, an ancient cult sworn to protect this valuable artifact will do anything to keep it secret. Dracup needs to find this prize in order to save his daughter. And while the CIA appears to want to help him, Dracup know ...more
Laurence
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
The Novel started with promise and an interesting concept but the closer it came to the finale when the ideas became more fanciful. To Add Adam, Eden, the tree of life, the ark of the covenant made the whole idea too surreal to be taken seriously. After a promising start this novel faltered with a very quick surreal ending. Some of the characters were a bit one-dimensional and didn't develop as they should have done. Altogether this novel became too far-fetched and was rather disappointing.
Natalie
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this book. The concept wasn't new or unheard of but the details and the way the book was layered kept me entertained enough to read on until the end. I do like twists and turns in books and this one had a few. It had riddles, chases, murders, explosions and plenty more. If you like all of the above, then this book should keep you entertained for a while.
Linda Anders
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Indiana Jones-type book, actually tried out every 'trick in the book' or books--too much for one book. Could have done with some serious editing, and I don't mean just copy editing. Still enjoyedenough to finish it. Good beach read.
Sylvia Biondich
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun and fast read, archaeological thrillers are fun and this one has some spectacular leaps. Good vacation book, but too many plot problems for a serious book club. I would read it again, though! Glad I added it to my kindle.
The Trespass 1 7 Feb 06, 2012 08:36AM
  • Scarab
  • The Eighth Scroll
  • Blind Evil
  • Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)
  • Next Move, You're Dead (Next Move, You're Dead, #1)
  • Wages of Sin (Protective Detective, #1)
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • The Reckless Engineer
  • The Templar Agenda
  • The Istanbul Puzzle (Puzzle #1)
  • Redemption
  • Ignoring Gravity
  • Dead Ringers: Volumes 1-3 (Dead Ringers, #1-3)
  • God's Lions - The Dark Ruin
  • Noah's Rainy Day (A Liv Bergen Mystery, #4)
  • The Fourth Awakening
  • Asylum (Martine LeDuc, #1)
  • Deadly Thyme
Scott was born in Romford, Essex in 1956. His writing career was kick-started after he won first prize in the Sunday Express Short Story Competition. Scott divides his time between writing, IT contract work and drumming. He has recorded with internationally renowned rock band 'Jethro Tull' and appeared in concert with 70's popsters 'Mungo Jerry'.

Scott has recently published his third and fourth no
More about Scott Hunter...