Start by marking “Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots” as Want to Read:
Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots

Return to Daemon Hall: Evil Roots

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A year has passed since that fateful night in Daemon Hall's house of horrors. Bestselling macabre author Ian Tremblin decides to hold another writer's contest but this time in the safety of his own home. Tremblin is excited to share with contestants a very old book he has recently acquired that once belonged to Rudolph Daemon, the millionaire builder of Daemon Hall who lat ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Daemon Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Daemon Hall

Emma
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Though it qualifies as a horror book this book is not as scary as I thought it would be. At least not for me. But that doesn't mean that this book wasn't good. In fact, it was almost as good as the first one and that's saying something because Daemon Hall is one of my favorite books to read. In fact, I got the first book in 2009 and have read it every year since. Naturally, when I found the second one I was excited and hoped that it would be great. Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed.
While the f
Sherri
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fitting sequel to Daemon Hall, however, it was very similar...with the teens telling stories in between horrific happenings that increased in ghoulishness as the night(s) progressed. However, this book does not really have a true ending and is ripe for the third book in what must be a series.
Joann
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Even creepier than book 1. Can't wait for it to hit the bookstores!!!
Jessica
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a book I got from the "free" bin at a used book store, and I haven't read Daemon Hall. I had no expectations going into this book because of that. Luckily, there were enough context clues and backstory that I could follow along no problem. I gave it 3 stars because there are a few plot lines that weren't explained, but it was really closer to 3.5. I want to read Daemon Hall now.
Eden
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
The previous year Wade and four others were the finalists in the writing contest held by the well-known horror author, Ian Tremblin. The contest was held in the supposedly haunted Daemon Hall. They found out it was haunted, and dangerous.

A year has passed and Ian Tremblin wants to hold another contest, but this time it will be in the safety of his own home. Wade and Demarius were asked by Ian Tremblin to come back as judges of the three finalists for this contest.

They feel they have nothing to w
Victoria Fuller
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of smart slasher films.
Shelves: own-it
I'm doing my review for both Daemon Hall and Return to Daemon hall all in one because I read them both in two days and my mind is sort of filled to the brim with thoughts of Daemon Hall. You see, I own the second book but not the first so I borrowed the first one. And at first I wasn't sure I would be returning to the series but with the addition of the sequel( and promise of a third book)I fell in love. But it brings to mind a comparison.
This book (series) was everything Welcome To Dark House
Neel
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a very well written sequel to the magnificent Daemon Hall, which was the basis of this book. Daemon Hall appeared much more psychotic but this is because I had read that book at such a young age. However, this book delivered a more fictional horror than a real horror. It was interesting to read because of the developments of the characters in previous years. The woman who is illustrated on the cover was the "goth" girl who had died in the first book. If you did not know that, you m ...more
Sue
May 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Ian Tremblin hosted a writer's contest last year and it didn't go well. At all. This is the second book in the series and he's trying it again. But instead of having the writing contest in a mansion with a bad history he is going to host it in his home. Nothing scary about that, right? Well, things don't really go as planned.

This book stands alone. There are enough references to what went on the first book that you can start with this one, as I did. It's suspenseful but isn't terrifying, filled
Deanna Wilson
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Rhiannon
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great
Great!! I wonder if there'll be a third! That would be awesome, but just drawing out the series, a bit.
Amanda
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
not as good as the first book but it was definitely a good read. I just didn't like the ending and hope there is a third book
Rose
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Honestly I didn't think andrew nance could write a book that was this creepy.
Michael Lanzett
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Im still shocked at the ending !
Chicken Wings
I think this book is really good because it is scary and really interesting and thrilling
Bethany
Nov 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, dark, ghost-story, horror
I hate horror stories (my imagination scares me quite enough without any extra inspiration), but I found myself surprisingly unaffected by this. Maybe teens would find the stories more terrifying?
Sara
Jan 10, 2017
Tev
Jul 11, 2017
Tim Jinks
Nov 30, 2013
Lissa Wells
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2014
Apr 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Return of Skeleton Man
  • Darkness Creeping: Twenty Twisted Tales
  • Spirits of the Noh (The Waking, #2)
  • The Ghost Road (The Haunting of Derek Stone, Book 4)
  • Haunted Waters
  • Devil's Footsteps
  • Thirteen Chairs
  • Sweet Miss Honeywell's Revenge: A Ghost Story
  • The Haunting
  • The Fear Street Saga Collection (The Fear Street Saga, #1-3)
  • My Neighbor Totoro 2